Page 118 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    He just came back to life, that's exactly the time for Emma to.get emotional; and we don't even know for sure what was their relationship status when he died, specially considering Bendis reasons for keeping them apart were stupid.
    I think she may have done more than just block his memory of her, I think she erased herself from Scott's mind. Hence why she was crying when she left, there is a good chance this is permanent and he will never remember their relationship going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think she may have done more than just block his memory of her, I think she erased herself from Scott's mind. Hence why she was crying when she left, there is a good chance this is permanent and he will never remember their relationship going forward.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

That would be a way more dignified ending than what Maddie and Jean got.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I also disagree that Emma shined in this issue. I expected this issue to show Emma being a master manipulator, but it really just showed her as being a puppet for ONE. She's outwitted by Callahan, and sells out mutantkind by giving away the cure (when they didn't even know about it) and agrees to help take care of mutants on ONE's hitlist because she wanted to save herself. Even though she's fallen hard in the last few years, she at least prioritized mutantkind. This latest move pushes her even further into being more of an anti-hero, basically doing good deeds only when it suits her. It's pretty much moot anyway, since Hickman will no doubt bring back a more competent Emma.
    Yeah, this was not a good issue for Emma. They've toned down the cackling, mustache twirling Emma tried to do for IvX. But even in all the crappy writing from IvX to now she's always been looking out for mutants, this just dumps on that.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, zero chance of that happening. Of course, it makes sense that Emma thinks that.he might never remember her, but there's no.way this lasts until the end of this run, specially since so many people remember already.

Leaving Scott without remembering a vital part of his last 15 years of comics is absurd. Everyone knew that he and she were together, there are pictures of her accompanying him when he received a medal from the president of the United States.

LOL That would be absurd and ridiculous if he doesn't remember Emma after this. WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Leaving Scott without remembering a vital part of his last 15 years of comics is absurd. Everyone knew that he and she were together, there are pictures of her accompanying him when he received a medal from the president of the United States.
    I really got to wonder if we'll ever know what Emma did. She just wrote herself out and that's it? Did she replaced herself with other X-people? Who did he cheat on Jean with? Colossus? One of my issues with Rosenbergs entire run on how the ideas are kind of interesting but it's like there's a complete refusal to think of the logistics of how any of this can work.

I don't understand why the writing lately has to be so bare bones and shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I think you're confusing Emma fans as being the same as Scemma fans. Being a Jean fan and an Emma fan aren't mutually exclusive. There are plenty of posters who like Emma but think she's better off without Scott and that she should stop sadly pining after someone who made her feel neglected, broke up with her (years ago), and turned down her proposal of getting back together.

I also disagree that Emma shined in this issue. I expected this issue to show Emma being a master manipulator, but it really just showed her as being a puppet for ONE. She's outwitted by Callahan, and sells out mutantkind by giving away the cure (when they didn't even know about it) and agrees to help take care of mutants on ONE's hitlist because she wanted to save herself. Even though she's fallen hard in the last few years, she at least prioritized mutantkind. This latest move pushes her even further into being more of an anti-hero, basically doing good deeds only when it suits her. It's pretty much moot anyway, since Hickman will no doubt bring back a more competent Emma.
    Yeah, I hope this pays off and Emma has something better up her sleeves. Her first stint as the Black King of the HFV, she gets herself captured and ousted by ONE??? Give me a break!

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I really got to wonder if we'll ever know what Emma did. She just wrote herself out and that's it? Did she replaced herself with other X-people? Who did he cheat on Jean with? Colossus? One of my issues with Rosenbergs entire run on how the ideas are kind of interesting but it's like there's a complete refusal to think of the logistics of how any of this can work.

I don't understand why the writing lately has to be so bare bones and shallow.
    The saddest thing of all is that if Cyclops does not remember Emma it means that Cyclops believes he died alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Yeah, I hope this pays off and Emma has something better up her sleeves. Her first stint as the Black King of the HFV, she gets herself captured and ousted by ONE??? Give me a break!
    I think what rubbed me the wrong way about the capture is that just prior to it she was getting investors to reopen a school. Something we've been saying forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The saddest thing of all is that if Cyclops does not remember Emma it means that Cyclops believes he died alone.
    That kind of depressing thought at least explains Scott's attitude this whole book. Kinda at least.

He'll remember Emma and Scott are talking at the start of every issue. The red and white boxes

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    That kind of depressing thought at least explains Scott's attitude this whole book. Kinda at least.
    Yeah, he didn't even bother checking in on her when he came back alive anyway.

Wait, nobody knows who is talking at the beginning of the issues????

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Yeah, he didn't even bother checking in on her when he came back alive anyway.

Wait, nobody knows who is talking at the beginning of the issues????
    Emma had been taken by ONE, so he likely just thought she was dead with the others.