Page 122 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 4503

I'm not terribly surprised to see the usual suspects lining up to gloat about how evil Emma is with the new issue. Well, except one of them. Of all things, it was calling someone a moron for liking polyamory that got them. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I'm not terribly surprised to see the usual suspects lining up to gloat about how evil Emma is with the new issue. Well, except one of them. Of all things, it was calling someone a moron for liking polyamory that got them. Crazy.
    You need a hug, I am going to give you a hug because you need one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RachelGrey; 06-06-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Emma has like 3 student deaths on her after this series, maybe more. It does not look good. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    You need a hug, I am going to give you a hug because you need one. ��
    Thanks. I had big expectations after all of this talk about the editorial team understanding Emma, and then we get... 19.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Thanks. I had big expectations after all of this talk about the editorial team understanding Emma, and then we get... 19.
    As a fellow fan with few favorites & majority ruined, it's best to expect the worst & never get excited until reason has been given.

For some characters, we have the same questionable to bad status quo we've been getting, and whether Hickman plans to change it or not (for some) is looking slim.

Hi everyone I don't post much here (almost never have actually) but I always read the forum when new Emma stuff or interesting comics come out.
    I decided to come out of the shadows to comment on the latest issue, which I liked much more than I expected and I'm also very surprised to see here and around the web that a lot of Emma fans hated it.

I think that it showed that Emma, even in that terrible position, was still able to play her cards in the best possible way and, even if it is a bad scenario, it clearly could have been much worse if she didn't do what she did. The cure looked like a bad move, but I think that in her plan Emma didn't count the X-Men disappearing (including Beast), since she obviously couldn't know about it. If the X-Men were still there she could have just warned them and worked with them, and to me it looked like that was her big plan. ALso, her dying in that room wouldn't have helped anyone, while she could do much more when being free.

I very much prefer Emma being portrayed like this (even if she did questionable things) to X-Man Emma of her latest years, where she was mainly used as Cyclops partner and a telepathic radio. I mean, this Emma and the one in X-Man Black are the kind of cunning, smart character that I love that, even in a bad situation, still plans ahead. I also think that the issue sowed the seeds for Emma to be the big saviour at the end of the arc, with Sinister being captured to create a cure and Mystique on her team as the White King, which ONE probably doesn't know about. We'll just have to wait but, after a long long time, I have some hopes for miss Frost. Also, I noticed that in the couple issues she's been in this and last year, she's received much more development than most X-Men members do.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Hi everyone I don't post much here (almost never have actually) but I always read the forum when new Emma stuff or interesting comics come out.
    I decided to come out of the shadows to comment on the latest issue, which I liked much more than I expected and I'm also very surprised to see here and around the web that a lot of Emma fans hated it.

I think that it showed that Emma, even in that terrible position, was still able to play her cards in the best possible way and, even if it is a bad scenario, it clearly could have been much worse if she didn't do what she did. The cure looked like a bad move, but I think that in her plan Emma didn't count the X-Men disappearing (including Beast), since she obviously couldn't know about it. If the X-Men were still there she could have just warned them and worked with them, and to me it looked like that was her big plan. ALso, her dying in that room wouldn't have helped anyone, while she could do much more when being free.

I very much prefer Emma being portrayed like this (even if she did questionable things) to X-Man Emma of her latest years, where she was mainly used as Cyclops partner and a telepathic radio. I mean, this Emma and the one in X-Man Black are the kind of cunning, smart character that I love that, even in a bad situation, still plans ahead. I also think that the issue sowed the seeds for Emma to be the big saviour at the end of the arc, with Sinister being captured to create a cure and Mystique on her team as the White King, which ONE probably doesn't know about. We'll just have to wait but, after a long long time, I have some hopes for miss Frost. Also, I noticed that in the couple issues she's been in this and last year, she's received much more development than most X-Men members do.
    I felt that the issue made it pretty clear that if not for Emma, Scott and his team would have been killed by Callahan. Using the X-Men to round up mutant terrorists has kept them alive while Emma tries to come up with a plan to save everyone.

I felt that the issue made it pretty clear that if not for Emma, Scott and his team would have been killed by Callahan. Using the X-Men to round up mutant terrorists has kept them alive while Emma tries to come up with a plan to save everyone.
    Yeah, exactly. It looked like she moved things so that the X-Men would reform while keeping them safe and making it look like a good thing to Callahan.

Also, her scene with Scott was so touching.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Oh, I want to give you a hug too.

hug.jpg

I hope you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Oh, I want to give you a hug too.

hug.jpg

I hope you feel better.
    I appreciate that. I'm looking at the issue slightly more favorably today, but it still feels gross. Emma still gets all the blame, and more of her students died.

My only issues with it were her giving him the cure and using one of her students to do it. I think we could have gotten to the same point of her helping Scott out while being used by Callahan without ignoring her characterization.

I appreciate that. I'm looking at the issue slightly more favorably today, but it still feels gross. Emma still gets all the blame, and more of her students died.
    hug.jpg

You know me, I am all doom and gloom in the Rachel thread. I can't believe I actually subscribed to get all the issues of X-Force till the bitter end just in the hope that Rachel might not end up a slobbering hound in the last issue.

At least Emma got some agency and she was even portrayed rather sympathetically. I went out of the issue feeling pretty down because I find the storyline depressing, but at least Emma comes across as an important part of things, if not for Emma, everyone would be dead already, she is the only thing keeping everyone alive in the face of such an implacable enemy who massively outguns and outnumbers them.

hug.jpg

You know me, I am all doom and gloom in the Rachel thread. I can't believe I actually subscribed to get all the issues of X-Force till the bitter end just in the hope that Rachel might not end up a slobbering hound in the last issue.

At least Emma got some agency and she was even portrayed rather sympathetically. I went out of the issue feeling pretty down because I find the storyline depressing, but at least Emma comes across as an important part of things, if not for Emma, everyone would be dead already, she is the only thing keeping everyone alive in the face of such an implacable enemy who massively outguns and outnumbers them.
    Yeah, there's no question Rachel is getting it a lot worse. Hopefully things get better for her soon.

Rachel has been so mistreated.. such an interesting character. I really liked her interactions with Emma. My fav Rachel was the early one.. with Amara vs Selene and of course Excalibur´s Rachel... I alwasy found her a much more interesting character than Jean. But nowaday´s Rachel is a shadow of a shadow of what she used to be. The same for Storm. Emma has been mistreated too but.. no, Rachel is gold medal and Ororo silver medal.. Emma would make just a broze medal inthe mistreatment olympics.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

I really wish more had been done with Emma as the Black King, if that's going to disappear with Hickman. Mystique has prior in messing with Government and Emma teaming up with her and using the Hellfire Clubs connections, clout and kompromat to effect change for Mutants would have been fascinating to see. Instead, she gets ganked in her own HQ after we got Dissassembled - though at least I am digging Age of X-Man.

(N.B. The JJ team-up was very good, but obviously not the avenue for such a story to be explored!)