Page 13 of 301 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Sexism is the lesson the mediocre X Office is teaching
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Well, this wouldn't be the first time that Marvel has trashed an ex-girl friend or wife to make Scott look good. They did the same thing with Maddie Pryor, turning her into a demon witch to let Cyclops off of the hook for walking out on her for Jean. It's just the same story again, in a way. So it's hard to be surprised that Marvel would keep on making Emma the villain here.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Kind of ironic that Emma will apparently be the final fall guy for the Rightclops era while Cyclops got all the (fandom) glory for it (while it lasted).

I mean, Cyclops formed X-Force, while Emma was kept out of the loop (with the help of the Cuckoos even).
    Cyclops forced the fight with the Avengers, something she was clearly not happy about. Just look at her face when Cyclops blasted Cap on the beach.
    Cyclops was the one "training" and pushing Hope while Emma wanted her to make her own choice.

And now Cyclops will give it all a pass and return to his standard characterization while she is left outside in the cold.

I am sure there is a lesson here somewhere!
    This.

Thank you for reminding me why I disliked Bendis run. Emma did not agree with not giving Hope the choice. Yet she took the fall in AvX

Spectacular Member

God looks like I'll be dropping the X comics from now considering it seems as if they're erasing a decade of Emma and Scott's history not only as if she didn't exist. But as if she was a plague to the x-men and that they're all happy she's gone. This is just really depressing for Emma fans and things do not look hopeful at all.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Personally, I like that Emma's no longer emotionally/physically tied to the X-Men through Scott. Yes it was shytty the way they took her out but...I would love to see an Emma forging her own path. I just wish writers and fans would stop referencing the shyt-fest era of AvX, IvX and DoX where characterisation and story-telling was abysmal. That is a time best forgotten, as if wiped out of existence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicHobo View Post
    God looks like I'll be dropping the X comics from now considering it seems as if they're erasing a decade of Emma and Scott's history not only as if she didn't exist. But as if she was a plague to the x-men and that they're all happy she's gone. This is just really depressing for Emma fans and things do not look hopeful at all.
    It's one thing for writers to ignore continuity...it's another for the company to push an agenda to change the attitude of the fans towards a particular character because someone in editorial goes all fanboy and doesn't like the character.

Which is seriously unhealthy! There are a few people on the boards here who literally have hate for Emma and will make up **** (saying she abandoned Scott's body)...making up **** about a fictional person to justify why you hate them is NOT mentally healthy!

Already there. Now I'm wondering if its worth it to even pick up anything she appears in. I know people in the thread are psyched for JJ, but does that tell them they can do whatever they want in the X-books as long as they throw a bone every once in a while outside of it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It's one thing for writers to ignore continuity...it's another for the company to push an agenda to change the attitude of the fans towards a particular character because someone in editorial goes all fanboy and doesn't like the character.
    It's not even that they ignore continuity, its that they are selective about it. Big event, only one person still has it as canon. And that's to paint her as evil and pscho.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Already there. Now I'm wondering if its worth it to even pick up anything she appears in. I know people in the thread are psyched for JJ, but does that tell them they can do whatever they want in the X-books as long as they throw a bone every once in a while outside of it.

It's not even that they ignore continuity, its that they are selective about it. Big event, only one person still has it as canon. And that's to paint her as evil and pscho.
    JJ might be good but in the end it'll just be a guest appearence. Chances are Emma isn't going to see anything solid for a long time. As much as I like the idea of her being off in the MU, I want her back in the mutant universe tackling mutant problems because she's a huge player in that regard (much larger than some other X-men).

And yes they are being selective with continuity and will most likely only focus on the bad than any of the good she's done.

JJ might be good but in the end it'll just be a guest appearence. Chances are Emma isn't going to see anything solid for a long time. As much as I like the idea of her being off in the MU, I want her back in the mutant universe tackling mutant problems because she's a huge player in that regard (much larger than some other X-men).
    Yeah, the fact that the guest appearances are ultimately meaningless hurts too.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

What did that piece of **** A.K.A. Cable say about Mama?
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    What did that piece of **** A.K.A. Cable say about Mama?
    1) Don't call him Cable. Cable was a soldier and a hero. WiFi is a brat wearing his skin. It's like a comic book version of Stolen Valor.

2) He blamed her completely for IvX, essentially. And claimed that she was just manipulating Scott since forever and never loved him.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    1) Don't call him Cable. Cable was a soldier and a hero. WiFi is a brat wearing his skin. It's like a comic book version of Stolen Valor.

2) He blamed her completely for IvX, essentially. And claimed that she was just manipulating Scott since forever and never loved him.
    WOW! The second one is beyond fucking hurtful for a writer to even write such bullshit in a comic. Mama was no saint but that woman LOVED Scott Summers and no one on this Earth can tell me different. HOW DARE MARVEL allow such bullshit to be written into a comic book. I'm so damn livid about this bullshit revelation
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    WOW! The second one is beyond fucking hurtful for a writer to even write such bullshit in a comic. Mama was no saint but that woman LOVED Scott Summers and no one on this Earth can tell me different. HOW DARE MARVEL allow such bullshit to be written into a comic book. I'm so damn livid about this bullshit revelation
    Yeah it sucks and I don't blame anyone for what they might be feeling as a result. Hopefully it was just Wifi being immature.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    And claimed that she was just manipulating Scott since forever and never loved him.
    Whoa, how are you coming to that conclusion? All Nate said was "She perverted his memory, used it to incite a war between mutants and inhumans." There's nothing explicitly or implicitly said about accusing her of manipulating Scott since forever and having never loved him.

The other part Emma fans don't like is that Nate says Emma used "mind games" to make people believe Black Bolt vaporized Scott's body, and he revealed she left his real body on a slab in the morgue instead of buried in the grave on Muir Island. As upsetting as that sounds, it lines up with Emma's scenes in Death of X where she says the diseased body in the morgue was just "meat" and Scott was still alive as an idea. I think that can be interpreted as a grief-stricken Emma refusing to deny Scott was truly dead rather than her carelessly leaving his body behind.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Whoa, how are you coming to that conclusion? All Nate said was "She perverted his memory, used it to incite a war between mutants and inhumans." There's nothing explicitly or implicitly said about accusing her of manipulating Scott since forever and having never loved him.

The other part Emma fans don't like is that Nate says Emma used "mind games" to make people believe Black Bolt vaporized Scott's body, and he revealed she left his real body on a slab in the morgue instead of buried in the grave on Muir Island. As upsetting as that sounds, it lines up with Emma's scenes in Death of X where she says the diseased body in the morgue was just "meat" and Scott was still alive as an idea. I think that can be interpreted as a grief-stricken Emma refusing to deny Scott was truly dead rather than her carelessly leaving his body behind.
    With his whole "more games from the mind witch" part when he's telling Scott about IvX.