Page 138 of 301 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 4503
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Taking all bets: how stupid and how evil was Emma in UNC21?

I'm putting my money on "hilariously incompetent" with a trace of "evil".
    She will be incompetent (everybody is on this run) but not evil. I think Rosenberg likes her

Rosenberg is pretty much setting up Emma to be humiliated by being shot down by Scott once again. She's acting like they never broke up or had any issues, and she's saying things like she's expecting a happy reunion, so of course Rosenberg will give the opposite. I doubt it'll be the same reunion as Jean and Scott in Phoenix Resurrection (also written by Rosenberg) where there were apologies, declarations of love, and a kiss. There's no way Scott would be ok with Emma manipulating the X-Men or giving ONE the mutant cure. I'm ready for Hickman already so he can write an Emma who's hopefully no longer hung up on Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Rosenberg is pretty much setting up Emma to be humiliated by being shot down by Scott once again. She's acting like they never broke up or had any issues, and she's saying things like she's expecting a happy reunion, so of course Rosenberg will give the opposite. I doubt it'll be the same reunion as Jean and Scott in Phoenix Resurrection (also written by Rosenberg) where there were apologies, declarations of love, and a kiss. There's no way Scott would be ok with Emma manipulating the X-Men or giving ONE the mutant cure. I'm ready for Hickman already so he can write an Emma who's hopefully no longer hung up on Scott.
    All i have read of this uncanny run seems pretty pro scemma. I hope that whatever happens everybody is treated with respect, that of course includes Emma.

It wouldnt make sense for Scott and Emma to get that same type of reunion. I doubt he and Jean would have if he werent going to stay dead. With that said, I think Emma's feelings are consistent as he never stopped loving him. We saw that in Bendis' run, it motivated her in IvX and she maintained her feelings after. He's back now so it makes sense why she'd be hoepful for a happy reunion regardless of if its realisitic that she'd get it

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Taking all bets: how stupid and how evil was Emma in UNC21?

I'm putting my money on "hilariously incompetent" with a trace of "evil".
    Low. I dont think she's been portrayed as evil in this run. What we've seen of her was all an act bc she's been in survival mode. Ive found her position to be sympathetic
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-27-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    All i have read of this uncanny run seems pretty pro scemma. I hope that whatever happens everybody is treated with respect, that of course includes Emma.
    It's not. It's Emma still being written as dangerously obsessed with Scott, but nothing from Scott towards her (for obvious story reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It wouldnt make sense for Scott and Emma to get that same type of reunion. I doubt he and Jean would have if he werent going to stay dead
    I agree. I don't think Jean and Scott will get any better (probably worse )

BANNED

tbf Rosenberg is ignoring 2012-2015 so we just got to pretend they were still together when he died.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    tbf Rosenberg is ignoring 2012-2015 so we just got to pretend they were still together when he died.
    Which I would be okay with, but he's also ignoring everything of Emma between 1991 and 2012 as well.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Yeah, that's what I'm getting from this as well. Emma's been setup for a fall.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-27-2019 at 04:36 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I'm not a scemma fan but I really hope Marvel treats everything with care. Scott deep down is a beautiful person that when he loves someone like he did with Maddie, Jean or Emma, he does it with all his heart but most people can't see that because marvel breaks things up and makes everybody look bad, specially Scott. He cannot look like a dick again.
    It is so ugly when i read some people hating Scott for how terrible marvel handled his relationship with Jean. It is so painful as a fan of both (jean and jean/scott) and I don't want that for Emma or Emma/Scott.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

If you have a stupid amount of money, XM Studios had the full reveal of Emma

I'm not a scemma fan but I really hope Marvel treats everything with care. Scott deep down is a beautiful person that when he loves someone like he did with Maddie, Jean or Emma, he does it with all his heart but most people can't see that because marvel breaks things up and makes everybody look bad, specially Scott. He cannot look like a dick again.
    It is so ugly when i read some people hating Scott for how terrible marvel handled his relationship with Jean. It is so painful as a fan of both (jean and jean/scott) and I don't want that for Emma or Emma/Scott.
    I dont think the two are comparable. Scott and Jean ended in a very ugly way. Scott and Emma are already broken up and have been for years and managed to co-exist together in the same space. I dont think there is anything there to start hating either character over as this has already been resolved.

Yeah, these type of interactions do less for Scott than I think they may realize. At least he seems to somewhat care in the previews. He doesn't need to get in a relationship with her, he just needs to be respectful.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    If you have a stupid amount of money, XM Studios had the full reveal of Emma

Looks great. Unfortunately, I can only afford the collectibles from kotobukiya at this point in time.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

The top middle button on the chair in the top picture is placed in a VERY awkward position.