Page 14 of 301 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Whoa, how are you coming to that conclusion? All Nate said was "She perverted his memory, used it to incite a war between mutants and inhumans." There's nothing explicitly or implicitly said about accusing her of manipulating Scott since forever and having never loved him.

The other part Emma fans don't like is that Nate says Emma used "mind games" to make people believe Black Bolt vaporized Scott's body, and he revealed she left his real body on a slab in the morgue instead of buried in the grave on Muir Island. As upsetting as that sounds, it lines up with Emma's scenes in Death of X where she says the diseased body in the morgue was just "meat" and Scott was still alive as an idea. I think that can be interpreted as a grief-stricken Emma refusing to deny Scott was truly dead rather than her carelessly leaving his body behind.

No it doesn't , the comic doesn't even allude to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Havok and her would have buried him after. They couldn't bury him in front of everyone because there was not meant to be a body left to bury as Blackbolt atomized it.
    Cable Jr doesn't confirm any thing as he ports in while they are burying an empty casket. If she just left the body there he could have chosen any time when no one was around to time travel to. The fact that he time travels to this moment is because there was no other moment to time travel to. As Emma had to attend the funeral.

Also Emma did accept he was dead as she was ready to commit suicide to be with him so she had accepted it.

So the logic itself is very flawed.

Also note Cable Jr said proper burial not burial. Meaning he was buried by just Havok and her and not the rest of the X-men around. That's his criticism there. Also its even more ludicrous to think Havok would have allowed it or Magneto .
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-24-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Why does it matter whether Emma buried him or not? Is it because of what Kid Cable said? So what?

The fact is that Emma has been written horrendously the past 10 years, and Cyclops was one of the best and worst things to happen to her character. There's no use in arguing with a stupid story as it's just validating what happened in IvX more.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Why does it matter whether Emma buried him or not? Is it because of what Kid Cable said? So what?

The fact is that Emma has been written horrendously the past 10 years, and Cyclops was one of the best and worst things to happen to her character. There's no use in arguing with a stupid story as it's just validating what happened in IvX more.
    It does because what's being said isn't what's stated on the page. Its widely being plucked out of thin air

It does because what's being said isn't what's stated on the page. Its widely being plucked out of thin air
    By someone who completely despises Emma, no less.

It's what a character in the book says. What a character says in a work of fiction isn't necessrily fact. It's Kid Cable's opinion.

Characters say a whole bunch of crap about Emma. Just another day for her

It's what a character in the book says. What a character says in a work of fiction isn't necessrily fact. It's Kid Cable's opinion.

But Cable didn't say that. "Proper burial " vs "burial". Proper burial implies his whole friends and family are there.

Its nonsensical even if Emma was acting in a malicious way because her plan could be discovered if anyone wondered into the lab in Muir Island

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    With his whole "more games from the mind witch" part when he's telling Scott about IvX.
    Well she did play games with him and used her powers to force him to be with her in Secret Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    WOW! The second one is beyond fucking hurtful for a writer to even write such bullshit in a comic. Mama was no saint but that woman LOVED Scott Summers and no one on this Earth can tell me different. HOW DARE MARVEL allow such bullshit to be written into a comic book. I'm so damn livid about this bullshit revelation
    Emma is the person that came between his parents. He's obviously biased and his disdain for her makes sense considering he's still a kid

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well she did play games with him and used her powers to force him to be with her in Secret Empire

Emma is the person that came between his parents. He's obviously biased and his disdain for her makes sense considering he's still a kid
    I could accept that if I wasn't 99% sure Jordan White was cackling while lighting flashed in the background the whole time.

This! All of this! 100% this.
    Waaaay too often, readers misinterpret a character's opinions or perspectives (in this case, Lil' Cable) as the author's SCRIPTURE. This is not the case. Well, this is not always the case.
    A GOOD author will write the character and maintain their honest voice, even if said author doesn't have the same opinion as the character, because he or she is NOT that character.

Lil' Cable is talking about his dad's "other woman". This is the woman whom he holds responsible (justified or not) for the dissolving of his parent's marriage. For anyone out there with non-divorced-parents, this is a pretty common occurrence for the biological child of the adult to irrationally (or rationally) loathe their parent's new romantic companion.

And if our beautiful, passionate fandom were to rally and outrage every time someone spoke ill of Miss Frost, well this fandom might lose our damn minds. PASS!
    Its all part of her charm. She's the gorgeous, ferocious, hard as nails, beast-woman that folks are perpetually suspicious of because she was (is?) an unapologetic shady lady whose fux-to-give reservoir ran dry AGES AGO.

I am on pins and needles in anticipation of the future, for when Scott and Emma share panel time, and what that will all look like.

BANNED

By someone who likes to use "Exactly whats on the page" for their arguments.

By someone who completely despises Emma, no less.
    that's exactly what this is and it's ridiculous. If you need to make up **** about a fictional character because you hate them that much...something's not right.

I could accept that if I wasn't 99% sure Jordan White was cackling while lighting flashed in the background the whole time.
    HA!

I posted this in the Annual...but Emma is at his grave in IvX...which happens AFTER Death of X, after the funeral, she wouldn't visit the grave if his body wasn't there

IvX.jpg

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

On another note, I didn't know Emma was part of Infinity Wars.

spoilers:
    She got fused with Logan (lmao) but gets separated and teams up with Loki
    end of spoilers

Deodato drew a good close-up in issue 3 (?) but I can't post a pic right now.
    "Cable was right!"

On the topic of this "proper burial".... the annual left me with the impression that either:

a) Lil' Cable exhumed Daddy-Clop's body for his phoenix pace maker placement, and then put him back after the funeral
    or
    b)Emma buried Scott on her own AFTER the funeral we see, and AFTER the X-Men all left, (while the funeral was going down, is when Lil' Nate did his Lil' surgery) to maintain the illusion of his murder via Blackbolt
    or
    c)Lil' Cable is being hyper dramatic -- as teens are often prone. (no disrespect teens. I recall it all very clearly)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

She's actually depicted FAR more like Classic Emma in this event. It makes you scratch your head because the MU gets her right and yet the X-office just cant grasp her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    On the topic of this "proper burial".... the annual left me with the impression that either:

a) Lil' Cable exhumed Daddy-Clop's body for his phoenix pace maker placement, and then put him back after the funeral
    or
    b)Emma buried Scott on her own AFTER the funeral we see, and AFTER the X-Men all left, (while the funeral was going down, is when Lil' Nate did his Lil' surgery) to maintain the illusion of his murder via Blackbolt
    or
    c)Lil' Cable is being hyper dramatic -- as teens are often prone. (no disrespect teens. I recall it all very clearly)
    It's FAR worse that Cable is desecrating Scott's body by putting something inside his corpse, but hey he's grieving and the hypocrisy is justified right? *re*

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This! All of this! 100% this.
    Waaaay too often, readers misinterpret a character's opinions or perspectives (in this case, Lil' Cable) as the author's SCRIPTURE. This is not the case. Well, this is not always the case.
    A GOOD author will write the character and maintain their honest voice, even if said author doesn't have the same opinion as the character, because he or she is NOT that character.

Lil' Cable is talking about his dad's "other woman". This is the woman whom he holds responsible (justified or not) for the dissolving of his parent's marriage. For anyone out there with non-divorced-parents, this is a pretty common occurrence for the biological child of the adult to irrationally (or rationally) loathe their parent's new romantic companion.

And if our beautiful, passionate fandom were to rally and outrage every time someone spoke ill of Miss Frost, well this fandom might lose our damn minds. PASS!
    Its all part of her charm. She's the gorgeous, ferocious, hard as nails, beast-woman that folks are perpetually suspicious of because she was (is?) an unapologetic shady lady whose fux-to-give reservoir ran dry AGES AGO.

I am on pins and needles in anticipation of the future, for when Scott and Emma share panel time, and what that will all look like.
    But part of the issue is that when its the hundredth character saying the same thing, it feels less like the character's take and more like editorials take.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Yep, she's been decently busy outside the X-books. There are some good Emma moments in Infinity Wars. But that is another complaint, that the X-office's Emma and the rest of the Marvel's Emma are so completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    But part of the issue is that when its the hundredth character saying the same thing, it feels less like the character's take and more like editorials take.
    Meh.
    Feels normal to me. Sorry its such a drag for some folks.

But for me, characters (Lil Cable, Hope, whoever) dissing on Emma or just generally not liking her is like Sam Guthrie talking about his nigh invulnerability or Rogue being bummed about not touching Remy or Kurt getting ragged on by random humans for looking like a blue devil. Its just something they do and will continue to do.

Emma wears white. She snarks at people. And people often hate her.