Page 145 of 301 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    She didn't, and couldn't since Hope had her powers
    Exactly, everyone voted that way because they thought it was a good plan.

Hope stole Emma's powers protected herself and pointed a gun at Emma's head. Emma could have switched off everyone minds except Hope.

Mystique showed up and pointed a gun at Hope head.

Hope reads Emma's mind as sees her intent. Hope asks Emma to show the rest her plan. Emma shows the rest of the team her plan.

They vote for it

I like this voting system. I never understood why mutants, having all those supertelepaths around, don´t use vote and consensus for decisions. It always go down to a dictator (Prof X. , Magneto, Cyclops, Storm, Emma.. whoever...) "leading" and telling them what to do. So basically the next step in human evolution is ruled as in ancient times... shouldn´t be more logical and acceptable they rule themselves in a pure democracy of automatic tp consensus?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I like this voting system. I never understood why mutants, having all those supertelepaths around, don´t use vote and consensus for decisions. It always go down to a dictator (Prof X. , Magneto, Cyclops, Storm, Emma.. whoever...) "leading" and telling them what to do. So basically the next step in human evolution is ruled as in ancient times... shouldn´t be more logical and acceptable they rule themselves in a pure democracy of automatic tp consensus?
    How can you trust a 'supertelepath' to behave democratically?
    More, the quality of a democracy depends on the informations you possess on a subject, the time you are willing to spend to gather these informations… A lot of dictatorships have a appearance of democracy…
    It would be interesting to see if the next big move in HoX will be the result of a collective decision or not.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

But the X-men already voted and debated their problems before. In battle, you can't do that, though.

There is not just a single TP in the X Men.. if Jean or Rachel or Emma or Charles or... wanted to rig the results, it wouldn´t be able. It is the perfect Blockchain, beyond encriptation of the data. Yes, in battle... there is the point of training. You train with TPs so as to act a single entity. Also, going into battle in this mission or another mission have never been much of a democratic exercise.. Prof X says and they do, for instance.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

With Xavier, that's true, but not necessarily under the others: there was the council in Utopia, and even in X-factor he talked with the other 05 on what to do.

Xavier and Magneto were the same and the same for other groups: The stronger mutant rules.. very backwards.

Council of Utopia: An aristocratic elite. Very backwards too.

There is not just a single TP in the X Men.. if Jean or Rachel or Emma or Charles or... wanted to rig the results, it wouldn´t be able. It is the perfect Blockchain, beyond encriptation of the data. Yes, in battle... there is the point of training. You train with TPs so as to act a single entity. Also, going into battle in this mission or another mission have never been much of a democratic exercise.. Prof X says and they do, for instance.
    I trust Charles and Emma to be able to be subtle about that. But what would be the point in cheating? You do it once, twice… it is discovered and then, you lose respect and trust.
    The problem is being able to be trusted, no matter what you do.
    I wouldn't let anyone like Emma near my brain — not that she needs be close. Not enough cautious to my taste. The stunt she has just did in Uncanny proves it.

Have you ever tried to get 100-10,000 people to smile and say cheese at the same time? Easy to do with 1-10 people, but it would take forever to get done with the more people you have.

Often the X-Men are at dire circumstances and don't have time to do a democratic vote.

And mutants are not a monolith, so what one mutant decided doesn't necessarily reflect the actions of other mutants, HOWEVER, it's very true that because the decisions they make are powerful, everyone reaps the consequences.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 07-05-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    She didn't, and couldn't since Hope had her powers
    Lol Didn't the X-Men vote for Emma's plan in IvX too? They will probably cast her out and blame her for everything after this is done, like they did with IvX.

The X-Men like to keep a set of scapegoats for all their awful decisions. Emma and Scott are at the very top,

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    The X-Men like to keep a set of scapegoats for all their awful decisions. Emma and Scott are at the very top,
    If you are the responsible person, you are responsible.
    Usually, people like that are well paid, not because they are genius or work harder than the rest.

Well, in the X Men case it was Charles and then Warren and then Emma paying the bills.. expensive bills... and that didn´t mean they were the decition makers. I have seen little or no democracy in the X Men decition making process. Provided they clearly are a political metaphore it has been sad how writers have failed to address this fact.

Democratic decision making processes do not make for comics people want to read, give them Games of Thrones instead.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Democratic decision making processes do not make for comics people want to read, give them Games of Thrones instead.
    I mean, the West Wing was a very popular show,,though. Though I could see the argument that it treated the White House like a royal institution.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord