Page 154 of 301 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Like I said, we have to remember nothing in this run will matter the slightest. Although of course, we have to hope Emma's in Hickman's main roster (and there's a good chance of this), because if depends on our dear editor alone, she will be a crazy evil bitch, like she was on Rosenberg's run.
    I know the run probably won't matter, but I thought Bendis was wasting Emma (I admit that at the beginning it was Okay and especially when he wrote her in ANX)...then came IvsX and I thought..well nothing can be worse than that for Emma and finally we have this awful UXM run, I truly hope Hickman will be the messiah that's gonna save de x-franchise and at least make good use of Emma, but can't help to be a little skeptical and want to wait a little bit before I get excited about anything

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    That probably hurts more for JDW "X-men have to be heroes", remember?
    Haha, now that I think about it makes me laugh how much it must gall some of them that Hickman wants Emma and Magneto as core X-Men members. This gives me some hope for their characterizations for the next 3 years if Hickman intends to treat Emma and Magneto as mostly heroic for his run.

I hope JDW and Rosenberg choked on it having to swallow that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, I still hate the run, I just felt that they ended it with Magneto and Emma appearing to be core members of the X-Men. That group shot at the end really emphasizes that they are a united team.

But this run was horrible and like others I honestly don't understand how destroying Cerebra actually reversed the wipe, I figured Jean or Emma would actually have to do something. They did show that Emma was having to hook up regularly to maintain the wipe so maybe that's the point, with the decision not to keep it maintained it ended up reversing.

Lol, in the end Rosenberg is a horrible writer and it's not just Emma's characterization that suffered here. I am not as angry as I thought I would be because at least Emma was treated like a member of the X-Men at the end of the series.
    I used to think that Emma being an X-men was a good thing...right now I don't understand why she stays, everyone there hates her and uses any excuse to blame things on her and threatened to kill her all the time...she was/is more respected and treated way better on her appearances and interactions with characters outside the x-men

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Oh, I just had a thought actually.

I bet Emma and Magneto being in the group shot was mandated by Hickman. Rosenberg was probably told that he had to wrap the series up with Emma and Magneto as members of the X-Men and not as villains.
    That was similar to my thoughts too when people said she was in the group shot. Less to do with current story, but something printed to show that everyone is good with everyone again, so that PoX/HoX don't have to address that or just pretend it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaFrost01 View Post
    I used to think that Emma being an X-men was a good thing...right now I don't understand why she stays, everyone there hates her and uses any excuse to blame things on her and threatened to kill her all the time...she was/is more respected and treated way better on her appearances and interactions with characters outside the x-men
    We'll have to see what Hickman does with Emma. I won't argue with you that Emma's characterization was pretty bad in this run. The storyline went in circles and then was resolved too quickly. That's probably Rosenberg's fault, he was told last year how many issues he had to work with before HoX/PoX so it's not like he couldn't plan out the storyline better.

Like I said, at least Emma was presented as a teammate and even as a leader by being right in front in the group shot, so if that's the beginning status quo for HoX/PoX I am at least glad that Emma is being presented as a core member of the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnaFrost01 View Post
    Well, that's essentially Cyclops in this run in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Thanks goodness! I needed this today after the atrocious run that was Rosenburgs. Long live the White Queen. I hope she thrives under Hickman's direction for many, many years!
    "There is nothing wrong with me, Wolverine. I'm exactly who I want to be." -Bobby Drake (Earth 616)

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    This is beautiful. I love that they're focusing on making her look fabulous, as she should be. Emma and Storm has all the potential to be a great, powerful leading duo.

Loooool So UXM just made Emma look incompetent so Cyclops could show her off. She's clearly a villain in this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Loooool So UXM just made Emma look incompetent so Cyclops could show her off. She's clearly a villain in this.
    in this what? the Uncanny XMen that just ended?

Emma erasing the memories of mutants from everyone's mind makes no sense unless it was the only option, and that wasn't clear. She was strongly against the cure in Astonishing X-Men, and she'd never want mutants to hide who they are. This is as bad as Emma saying everyone should take the cure because it would give mutants a chance to survive. LOLS.

This series was really one-sided and made Emma look like a crazy ex-girlfriend with a crappy haircut, so that Scott can come off looking like a leader again.

Emma pining after Scott and wishing they would get back together again (even though they were broken up for 3 years without Emma looking crazy and desperate) was setup for the obvious Scott and Jean reunion.

Someone at the end says "we're with you, Scott." Queue eyeroll.. it's all about Cyclops and his road to redemption.

I guess it makes sense why Jott fans are so bitter and want justice to their relationship. Nothing can really top that Morrison comic in which Scott and Emma kissed over Jean's dead body.

But it's a shame how they made Emma look like a crazy ex-girlfriend only to one-up her and make her look foolish. There's just no nuance.

This was a chance to get past the 20-year-old jealousy thing between Jean and Emma. But nah. Let's just make Emma look crazy!!

This was NOT Kelly Thompson's Emma or even Leah Williams' Emma. I can't imagine that Emma being this ridiculous. Even Bendis' Emma wasn't this bad.

After AvX, IvX, and this.. there is just no hope for this character. They character assassinated her. Maybe if they didn't make her look so psychotic that she'd be able to walk back from this. Cyclops destroyer the X-Men and murdered the Professor and even they didn't make him come off as CRAZY.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 07-17-2019 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Emma erasing the memories of mutants from everyone's mind makes no sense unless it was the only option, and that wasn't clear. She was strongly against the cure in Astonishing X-Men, and she'd never want mutants to hide who they are. This is as bad as Emma saying everyone should take the cure because it would give mutants a chance to survive. LOLS.
    It's sentinels all over again.

I guess it makes sense why Jott fans are so bitter and want justice to their relationship. Nothing can really top that Morrison comic in which Scott and Emma kissed over Jean's dead body.
    And Scott gets no blame whatsoever.

I miss Scemma already. Lmao.

Astonishing Member

I have "feared" (not really fear, more like dreaded) this moment for a couple of years because I knew it was coming. That is why I wanted Emma to get into a new relationship and move on.
    Don't really miss Scemma, and I fear Cyclops as a character may go through an involution to a more boy scout status.
    Only regret Ruby Summers didnt get to be born, because of continuity reasons, she belongs to the same future of Bishop and Trevor Fitzroy, which is the future of the main 616 reality (otherwise they wouldnt have time traveled to their past and done everything they have done, like Bishop trying to kill Hope to change his future) and PAD had Ruby say Layla Miller told Emma to name the baby Ruby when she got pregnant. So, if we are being strict about continuity (which I am) she should get to be born.
    If it wasnt for that (continuity) then I wouldnt really care.
    In my experience fans care as little for continuity as the current Marvel editorial, they just want the best for their favorite characters even if it screws continuity.