Page 155 of 301 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    “I think one of the big mistakes that some people make at Marvel Comics is that we are reactive to what they’re doing in the Marvel films,” Hickman says. “We should not be taking our creative cues from the direction they’re taking things in the movies. That kind of defeats the point. They have a billion dollars to play with, and we don’t. You can’t compete in that matter, and you shouldn’t. My argument has been [that] I should always be way out in front of that stuff. All of that stuff is being drawn from source material. It goes back to, are you being destructive or are you being additive? If you’re being additive and you’re on the big books, it’s inevitable that some of that stuff is going to get used. When Marvel films gets around to the X-Men and we’ve done interesting stuff and they want to use it, that’s awesome. If they don’t, then they don’t. One makes your job expendable, the other one makes you priceless. I like having value to my work.”

This 100%.

Emma looks great on the cover. Please God get her back in white; but ultimately the creative missteps of Emma Frost has made me lose interest. And for all those fans shipping Emma with Cyclops.... this is what happens. Cyclops is the star and she will always play second fiddle; and that goes against her character.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I disagree, I’m really happy Ruby exists in an alternate earth. Because in that earth Scott and Emma were married with a kid. That happened. That exists. No 616 drama. And just knowing that world exists is really keeping me going, man.

I mean I like Ruby too but I dont think they were married.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I mean I like Ruby too but I dont think they were married.
    Don’t take away my headcanons, you brute. They’re all I have left after today.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, this run was clearly designed to be a "**** you!" to anyone that liked Scott and Emma's characters in the 21st century so far, particularly the most acclaimed runs and stories like Morrison, Whedon's, the Messiah trilogy, etc, and to anyone that ever thought he was right in Schism and AvX. 12 issues about how Scott was WROOONG, but the sollution is right there with him going back to Jean and being a boyscout and telling EVIL BITCH Emma to **** off. The good news is that judging by everything he's ever written so far, including the characters themselves, and the fact he's a fan of Morrison's run, indicates this will change.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I disagree, I’m really happy Ruby exists in an alternate earth. Because in that earth Scott and Emma were married with a kid. That happened. That exists. No 616 drama. And just knowing that world exists is really keeping me going, man.
    I guess I just care more about continuity than the average reader. I also don't like how Magik and Colossus have 2 lost unacknowledged relatives (Mikhail who selfexiled to another dimension, and the son of Colossus that lives in the Savage Land) or how Nightcrawler hasnt seen his depowered brother Abyss since Austen, Abyss must be flipping burgers or delivering pizza, it must be hard to get a job when you are a depowered mutant that looks like a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, this run was clearly designed to be a "**** you!" to anyone that liked Scott and Emma's characters in the 21st century so far, particularly the most acclaimed runs and stories like Morrison, Whedon's, the Messiah trilogy, etc, and to anyone that ever thought he was right in Schism and AvX. 12 issues about how Scott was WROOONG, but the sollution is right there with him going back to Jean and being a boyscout and telling EVIL BITCH Emma to **** off. The good news is that judging by everything he's ever written so far, including the characters themselves, and the fact he's a fan of Morrison's run, indicates this will change.
    I definitely wasn't expecting Emma and Scott to get back together nor do I want that to happen. I just wanted nuance. I don't really care about Jean and Scott getting back together (it was predictable; I predicted this like 3 years ago). My problem is that there there was no nuance. The run felt like character assassination for Emma, and they've been doing this to her character for years.

The whole thing about Emma erasing mutants from people's minds -- what the hell? Again it's as bad her wanting the cure for mutants.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 07-17-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Eh, I'm not even trying to make sense of this run, because nothing made sense, no character made sense, all of them looked like morons, including Cyke, so like I said on the other thread at the end of the day I'm happy and positive because Emma made it out alive and was front and center on that group shot. This **** is finally over and HoX is coming with some great art (unlike the one we got here) and Emma has an amazing new uniform with a big fat X on it.

About Scemma, I never expected them to get back, nor did I care about it. I liked the ship but romance is not what I'm looking for in comics, and I always liked Emma, her character, and not her love for Cyclops.

So I don't know, could be worse, at least this wasn't IvX finale.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post

So I don't know, could be worse, at least this wasn't IvX finale.
    The worst part is that they seemingly learned nothing from the backlash of the "Cyclops is the new Hitler" era as well as IvX. It seemed they did, but...nah.

The worst part is that they seemingly learned nothing from the backlash of the "Cyclops is the new Hitler" era as well as IvX. It seemed they did, but...nah.
    What do you mean? It redeemed Cyclops or are you saying he shouldn't have been redeemed in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    What do you mean? It redeemed Cyclops or are you saying he shouldn't have been redeemed in the first place?
    I don't see how it did. He was moping and terrible and everyone hated him until literally three pages from the end, and suddenly he's redeemed?

Wow so in this issue, Emma's plan failed, she was called a moron, told to shut up and Rosenberg outright humiliated her. I got to hand it to him bc this was worse than Bunn

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    1- Insistence on Cyclops is WROOOONG through all the run, but never actually saying WHY exactly (which happened throughout the entire Terrigen era)
    2- In the end, nah, it's Emma that is EEEVIL and dumb, just like IvX.

The problem essentially is that Marvel brought a big name creator to do drastic changes after the X-men books were in a dire state for so long (Morrison), but after he left, they decided to build on some of the development of the characters for a while, particularly Scott and Emma...and then after 10 years with a change of editors, decided they need to do a drastic change because, even though most fans loved the stories and development, the whole thing was wrong and they need to return to the 80's/90's status quo (not the first time they decide to do a drastic change because the fans were wrong to love the previous status quo- see One More Day). This of course, led to most fans dislike those stories, and rather than acknowledge it, Marvel double down (everything post-SW really), now leaving Marvel in need to bring a big name creator to do drastic changes after the X-men books being in such a dire state for so long.

I suspect the same cycle will happen once Hickman leaves. The difference is that by 2034 or something, the writers and editors will have read NXM and AXM in their childhoods and teenage years, so we'll have an X-men Gold type of book with Emma in Kitty's place.
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 07-17-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow so in this issue, Emma's plan failed, she was called a moron, told to shut up and Rosenberg outright humiliated her. I got to hand it to him bc this was worse than Bunn
    Easily the worst showing for Emma in her entire character history, bar exploding a horse. And even that was so over the top it couldn't be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Easily the worst showing for Emma in her entire character history, bar exploding a horse. And even that was so over the top it couldn't be taken seriously.
    Blowing up a pony shouldn't be retconned and it definitely wasn't her worst moment. She was a villain at the time. It was a comic in the mid-80s. It wasn't absurd or character assassination compared to IvX or this.

Another awful thing is when they retconned everything evil Emma did as an explanation for why she was "abused" and "victimized" by Shaw. Completely ridiculous and it takes away her agency as a villain.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 07-17-2019 at 11:08 AM.