Page 160 of 301 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Cyclops went from my second favourite X-Men to like not even on the list. I don't even recognise the character.

I didn't think it was possible. But I'm not even excited for Hickman. I mean I like him but my expectations are low and even still I feel let down by people who charge €3.99 for crap
    Why? Is it because of the kiss in front of Emma or because he and others kinda made Emma's action out to be wrong despite going with it.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Cyclops went from my second favourite X-Men to like not even on the list. I don't even recognise the character.
    Same. And his thread can be renamed to "Jott 2.0", since everyone there is happy with this awful run, because "UwU ThEy'Re KiSsEd". What a lame dude, god.
    I love only Emma now. Need a new user icon thought.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Why? Is it because of the kiss in front of Emma or because he and others kinda made Emma's action out to be wrong despite going with it.
    A little bit of everything for me. He was as unlikable as possible the entire run, made worse by everyone crapping on him. Then throws the one person who stood by him the last couple years under the bus.

Emma was right

He acted like a piece of garbage with her. It's not only the kiss, it's everything. This is the same situation as with Madelyne Pryor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    He acted like a piece of garbage with her. It's not only the kiss, it's everything. This is the same situation as with Madelyne Pryor.
    Not quite. He was married to Maddie and had a kid. He and Emma have been broken up for years. With that said, he was a bit insensitive and I didnt like him telling her to shut up. It was rude and unnecesary

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not quite. He was married to Maddie and had a kid. He and Emma have been broken up for years
    Emma was also the only person who stood by him through everything. Everyone else bailed on him and cursed his name except her. She deserved better than Scott shooting the device out of her hands.

I'm not in disagreement, but I'm just a lot more lenient because I love all members of the rectangle, etc. which means that I can't just give up on Scott, but man do I hate how he treated her, too. Jerky McJerkface, lol.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Emma was also the only person who stood by him through everything. Everyone else bailed on him and cursed his name except her. She deserved better than Scott shooting the device out of her hands.
    Which is why, again, the writing and what editorial has been pushing these years (going way before this run) is unexplainable for purely story or business reasons. Story-wise, ambiguity can often be good, and Hickman clearly isn't a writer who operates in "purely good vs purely evil", so this isn't to prepare for his run.

And business wise, the run going from Morrison to around Second Coming (or Gillen's run, even) was very popular and made lots of new fans, particularly Whedon's run, who sold more than any other this century, and Scott and Emma and their relationship in a big part of that. Why the hell would you insult a good portion of your readership? It's absolutely illogical.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Which is why, again, the writing and what editorial has been pushing these years (going way before this run) is unexplainable for purely story or business reasons. Story-wise, ambiguity can often be good, and Hickman clearly isn't a writer who operates in "purely good vs purely evil", so this isn't to prepare for his run.

And business wise, the run going from Morrison to around Second Coming (or Gillen's run, even) was very popular and made lots of new fans, particularly Whedon's run, who sold more than any other this century, and Scott and Emma and their relationship in a big part of that. Why the hell would you insult a good portion of your readership? It's absolutely illogical.
    While it may not be good, Scemma FOR NOW is going through the same fallout Jott went through. And sadly with Marvel's track record, very few couples last. They'll find some way to not only break them up, but make one or both parties look bad in some way in the process.

Rogue x Gambit will be cheating one each other in a few years. Scemma is hitting a rough patch, but who says it'll last. Scott may be running back to her in a Wave title. lol

Just like Creed having his head cut off and teleported to another dimension, yet being completely in tact in HOX, this may just be more Rosenberg fanfic that won't matter going forward.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-18-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Scemma FOR NOW is going through the same fallout Jott went through.
    Not even close. Scott never treated Jean like a garbage.

Emma was right

Scemma is hitting a rough patch, but who says it'll last. Scott may be running back to her in a Wave title. lol
    To be honest, after everything he did to her and didn't do, after everything he said and didn't say, he is not worthy of her at all. Thanks to Rosenberg Scott is an ungrateful pig now.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

While it may not be good, Scemma FOR NOW is going through the same fallout Jott went through. And sadly with Marvel's track record, very few couples last. They'll find some way to not only break them up, but make one or both parties look bad in some way in the process.
    Not close. Scott never showed any dislike for Jean or disrespect, and Morrison never implied that anyone that likes the pairing is an idiot, which is what Rosenberg and/or editorial is pushing.

And of course Emma's portrayal for a while has been very sexist, not just in regards to Scott- she's gone from smart businesswoman that was Shaw's equal and ultimately better, whom Shaw said he "thought she loved me, but then she screwed me over" to abused girlfriend that was just a pawn, and even need the help of the BIG STRONG MAN that is Namor-how does that story makes sense in a world where Namor is a member of the Illuminati and could have just informed Xavier of the situation, and Chuck himself had a spy in the HFC in Tessa, is anyone's guess (a good writer would just retcon the entire story and say it was a con of Emma on Namor in the past to get money, hopefully that happens)- and then she's the woman who goes cray cray when her man dies and tries to start a war with the Inhumans to this garbage in Rosenberg's run.

Of course, it's probably not a coincidence that happen to a character that was portrayed as the sexiest member of the team and self-made woman, who also begun a relationship with the husband of the beautiful, virginal, perfect Jean. What's happening with Emma in the last years, particularly since 2016 or so, it's a good example of the subconscious (well, ones hopes it is) sexism in comics.

Although considering how Marvel operates, there's a decent chance around 2030 or so some writer or editor wants to revive his childhood and adolescence, and that happens to be the Morrison/Whedon era. I supposed then will be a good time for fans of Scott and Emma...*sigh*.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    To be honest, after everything he did to her and didn't do, after everything he said and didn't say, he is not worthy of her at all. Thanks to Rosenberg Scott is an ungrateful pig now.
    Does this include Bendis' run? Remember Cyclops said he wouldn't touch Emma with Namor's trident.... over something that happened when they were all under possession of the Phoenix Force!!!! Why would he hold that against her? And he was OK with Magik sending everyone to the demon gulags and Namor trashing Wakanda? He was OK with Jean murdering a billion aliens? But he held Emma against the stupid thing with Namor?

It was OOC of Cyclops and just a one-sided way to trash Emma.

Honestly, Cyclops treatment of Emma was irredeemable after AvX. Has it really taken this long for people to realize this?
    Last edited by ButterRum; 07-18-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Nope the kiss is just the cherry on a whole lot of other stuff. Which goes from telling Emma to shut up. To just being completely rude and blowing up cerebra while she's holding it.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Not even after Bendis run? Remember Cyclops said he wouldn't touch Emma with Namor's trident.... over something that happened when they were all under possession of the Phoenix Force!!!! Why would he hold that against her? And he was OK with Magik sending everyone to the demon gulags and Namor trashing Wakanda? He was OK with Jean destroying a billion planets? But he held Emma against the stupid thing with Namor?
    Oh, that pissed me off too, but still, despite his rude rejection, he still had some respect for Emma. And in the Death of X she was his number one ally and he knew that.
    And now... I can’t understand how someone can treat their exes like that. I mean, Emma still loves him, and even if he is not agree with her actions, he should have shown more empaty towards her. And I don’t know how anyone can be happy that this kind of man is with Jean now.