Page 163 of 301 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 4503
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    And it's not a childhood or teenage nostalgia thing for anyone writing or editing at Marvel- not yet, anyway- since the main writers and editors are in their 40's or older.
    It is the same. nostalgia, both are if you paint it that way.
    Scott and Jean can have stories regardless if they are or not together or with someone else, the only one that lost that potential is Emma (which is tragic) but that doesn't mean is the others fault. That would have happened if Scott were with someone else other than her, even if that was Jean or not.
    again not Jean or jott fault.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-18-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats exactly what happened in Bendis' run. The writers since then have unfortunately done alot to make her look unappealing in his eyes
    As much as I hate to admit it because Bendis run wasn't as great, it was not the worst and he at least did treat Emma and Cyke as decent companions and exes and I never felt Emma was like a crazy ex. On the last (?) issue, can't remember, when Emma said goodbye to Scott, it was actually a nice goodbye and didn't sound desperate or anything.

Credit where it's due and Bendis managed their ex-relationship better than most current writers (except Leah in Black ofc).
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats exactly what happened in Bendis' run. The writers since then have unfortunately done alot to make her look unappealing in his eyes
    Yeah, I know. And I was fine with how Bendis handled their friendly dynamics, except I wanted for Emma a bigger role than just being cheerleader for Scott, but that is another story. And there was that "Namor's trident" at the end, of course..

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    THIS^^^

Hoping since some say HoX/Po10 will take place after a few months. I hope Cyke and Emma are cordial, Jean and Emma got their scratch fight over and can work together for whatever cause. That’s all we need, no more drama please. Let all of that have happened off page and everything is just cool.
    Totally! He should be really close with her, like his go-to friend when he needs to talk. Like if he's having issues with Jean he could talk to Emma about them. Maybe have telepathic counseling sess—wait a minute...

No, but seriously, I think they should still be close.

It has nothing to do with shipping for me. I don't really care which character another character is sleeping with. But Scott treating Emma with absolutely zero respect during the whole run is disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Totally! He should be really close with her, like his go-to friend when he needs to talk. Like if he's having issues with Jean he could talk to Emma about them. Maybe have telepathic counseling sess—wait a minute...

No, but seriously, I think they should still be close.
    I wouldn't accept any reconciliation unless his behaviour here is addressed on panel. Blocking up cerebra in her hands, telling her to shut up. Just comes across as spiteful

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I wouldn't accept any reconciliation unless his behaviour here is addressed on panel. Blocking up cerebra in her hands, telling her to shut up. Just comes across as spiteful
    In his limited defense, Scott used to tell Emma to shut up when they were together.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    In his limited defense, Scott used to tell Emma to shut up when they were together.
    But it never came across as spiteful. Which it did here.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Has nobody ever been told to shut up before. I never knew that term was so offensive. You'd think Scott called Emma a slut or something.

I do not like the crazy ex-girlfriend role for any of the X-women. We have witnessed it with Emma, Lorna, and Jean (look at how Scott talked about her in Phoenix Endsong). It is not cool in 2019 to reduce female characters to simply being the girlfriend for the main male character. They all deserve better.

I am hopeful under Hickman that Emma will have another renaissance. He has stated that he likes her and she has shown up on several covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Has nobody ever been told to shut up before. I never knew that term was so offensive. You'd think Scott called Emma a slut or something.
    It was more the cherry on the top of the crap cake.

Emma was right

Has nobody ever been told to shut up before. I never knew that term was so offensive. You'd think Scott called Emma a whore or something.
    She was genuinely worried about him, and he told her to shut up. Of course, it's offensive.

Has nobody ever been told to shut up before. I never knew that term was so offensive. You'd think Scott called Emma a whore or something.
    Stop distilling the comment down to one thing. I said he told her to shut up then asked for her help on the field. Then he went and blew up Cerebra so it exploded in her hands.

It's pretty fucking rude to tell people to shut up, especially people you care about. I'm sorry but I don't normalize that behavior. Like I said, I love all 3 in the triangle and ship them all, but for that behavior(Rosenberg's writing) Scott deserves a purple nurple.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Stop distilling the comment down to one thing. I said he told her to shut up then asked for her help on the field. Then he went and blew up Cerebra so it exploded in her hands.
    Yeah, and he cheated on Jean. Not like he hasn't been crappy to her too, along with making out with his mistress over her grave, and said mistress certainly had no respect for his wife.

So in honesty, not like Scott treated Jean much better.

I just find it odd that saying "shut up" is more triggering than infidelity.