Page 166 of 301 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 4503
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think it is all pretty fair, specially if you count all the years Jean was dead. That was much worse than a single issue from Rosenberg

Hickman is coming and I doubt anyone gonna carry about this
    It is true, Banshee, Cyclops eye, nothing seems to be carrying over to hickman

I think it is all pretty fair, specially if you count all the years Jean was dead. That was much worse than a single issue from Rosenberg

Hickman is coming and I doubt anyone gonna carry about this

Logan just says that Jean is wearing dark phoenix clothes, just that. She wasn't dark phoenix
    Except that she was. Logan even had to kill her 43 times to force the Phoenix back and let Jean re-assert control.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    My real question is why Emma goes back to wearing white, when she is currently The Black King?
    That may not even stick. It seems Hickman has been on the books since before X-Men Black. And he calls her White Queen when he mentioned his favs. So it's a guess on how much, if not all of the books were pure filler after the ResurrXion titles.

Hickman is coming and I doubt anyone gonna care about this
    I think things even out. But this was only Rosenberg and only 1 issues of a story that was probably 98% filler. Hickman will be the real thing when everything finally gets going.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    I don't know, I always felt that End Song was out of the continuity, so didn't take it seriously.
    Wasn't it also written by Greg Pak. That would be a good reason not to take it seriously. lol

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Except that she was. Logan even had to kill her 43 times to force the Phoenix back and let Jean re-assert control.
    At the end Jean is herself and he still say to Jean get the f out

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Wasn't it also written by Greg Pak. That would be a good reason not to take it seriously. lol
    But he said that he was writing a definitive Phoenix story. I guess not then...
    Sales really fell for the sequel, I guess Jean being dead didn't helped the sales

At the end Jean is herself and he still say to Jean get the f out
    ??? What?

At the end Jean saves them all from being killed by the Shi'Ar, and asserts her place as White Phoenix of the Crown. What were you reading?

Emma was right

Well, it was written pretty bad, even a bunch of Scemma scenes couldn't change that for me. When it's bad it's bad.

Well, it was written pretty bad, even a bunch of Schema scenes couldn't change that for me. When it's bad it's bad.
    Outside of the horrible Greg Land art, I liked it.

Emma was right

Outside of the horrible Greg Land art, I liked it.
    I didn't like that "Little Pony"-style ending. And Greg Land was the cherry on the cake.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Well, it was written pretty bad, even a bunch of Scemma scenes couldn't change that for me. When it's bad it's bad.
    Damn. I heard Jott fans complain about it's badness. But even Scemma, the ship it was building up was bad? I am genuinely curious. What was bad with Pak's run on that?

I have heard he simplified the relationships down to being about sex. But was characterization all wrong. Did he have the wrong character voices?

I am familiar with him from Weapon X, and imo, he screwed up every single character in that book one way or another. So I am not impressed with his X-Men work.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I don't think Omega Alpha is attacking Jott. They are pointing out that "perfect" relationships in comics tend to get torn apart because they don't make for good drama. So Jott fans need to be wary about Marvel tearing them apart again for drama's sake.
    Exactly. Like I said, the most interesting times of Jott had friction due to Phoenix/Madelyne, but, unlike Scott and Emma, it does not have natural conflict, and that is very bad for stories. Reed/Sue have conflict due to Reed tendency of being secretive and/or focus on his experiments, Peter and MJ will always have due to his dual world of being Spider-Man (even if MJ supports it), Batman and Catwoman have conflict for obvious reasons, Scott and Emma have for the reasons I mentioned, Scott and Jean does not. They both work on the same thing, have similar ages, ideas, etc. It does not make for compelling fiction, so any con

Endsong basically treated Jott the way Scemma got treated with the “Trident” remark and Rosenberg’s big slap in the face to Scemma. Both got shat on, both fandoms felt jilted after each of these moments towards their shipping.
    Endsong didn't "shat on" Jean. Her being Dark Phoenix is always trouble, and has been long before Scott and Emma got together, and nothing there indicates Jean's a bitch or anything.

Damn. I heard Jott fans complain about it's badness. But even Scemma, the ship it was building up was bad? I am genuinely curious. What was bad with Pak's run on that?

I have heard he simplified the relationships down to being about sex. But was characterization all wrong. Did he have the wrong character voices?

I am familiar with him from Weapon X, and imo, he screwed up every single character in that book one way or another. So I am not impressed with his X-Men work.
    The complaints mostly stem from Jott fans because it was trying to re-affirm Scott and Emma's relationship while moving Jean to even higher things. The voices were okay, everyone seemed correct. The ending was a little cheesy, but nothing wrong with that.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

My real question is why Emma goes back to wearing white, when she is currently The Black King?
    Most likely answer is that she will not be, and Shaw will be in charge of the HFC.

The complaints mostly stem from Jott fans because it was trying to re-affirm Scott and Emma's relationship while moving Jean to even higher things. The voices were okay, everyone seemed correct. The ending was a little cheesy, but nothing wrong with that.
    Yeah, it was no masterpiece, but wasn't bad either. Pak got worse with time, during that period, in which he also wrote some of the best Hulk ever, he was good.

Not not taking into account the X-office's decisions (or how relationships rarely last in comic books), but for story reasons, I'm not really surprised at what happened to Scemma in the end. Relationships ending in real life are messy and rarely are like "let's be close and cordial friends." This isn't the TV show Friends, where they somehow managed to keep Ross and Rachel as close friends for years despite their dramatic off and on again relationship.

Also, men who leave their wives for a mistress most often don't end up staying with the mistress. They are more likely to leave the mistress to get back together with their ex or they try to find someone else, because once the hot-and-heavy stage wore off, they realized they don't have as much in common with the mistress as they thought they did, or on some level, they'll blame the mistress for dramatically changing their lives. I can easily see Scott being the latter, with him subconsciously blaming and resenting Emma for what happened with Jott (which we've seen him reminisce about for years now). He'll never say it, and he probably doesn't even realize it, but that's my explanation for why he's been treating Emma so dismissively ever since Utopia/Schism.

I think the best thing for Emma right now is to move on from Scemma. As long as she has storylines involving Scott, she'll continue to be portrayed as the crazy, bitter ex Maddie 2.0. I'm hoping that rumor of her being on a team book written by Gerry Duggan (and not on the main book with Cyclops) is true, because she really needs a new status quo.

Emma was right

I don't want to offend anyone who liked this comic, but personally I found the dialogues very banal and too way simple. Phoenix's return was pointless. And it all ended with a collective declaration of love for Jean. Emma even burst into tears from the power of it ("It should be great when everyone loves you so much!"). And then Phoenix flew away. Well. It was strange.

I don't want to offend anyone who liked this comic, but personally I found the dialogues very banal and too way simple. Phoenix's return was pointless. And it all ended with a collective declaration of love for Jean. Emma even burst into tears from the power of it ("It should be great when everyone loves you so much!"). And then Phoenix flew away. Well. It was strange.
    I liked that scene, because it is exactly how Emma has felt with the X-Men: she just wanted people to care about her the way they care about Jean. Seeing and feeling that first hand was hard for her, but gave Jean the strength she needed.