Page 174 of 301 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 4503
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Wow, I've never read the run, but that sounds like there may have been some softening of her character. But I'll chalk this up to a personal headcanon—Emma was feeling overly smitten with Scott for a month or so, lol.
    His character voices for both Scott and Emma were the worst they have ever been.

Cyclops told Magneto to "suck it" in Uncanny #500. Scott Summers does not tell people to "suck it".

I'm kinda torn, because I would like her to be in an X-Men title, but I also would like to see her as a teacher (so New Mutants I guess??) or doing something different/alternative to the X-Men in a leading role (Marauders or X-Force would be cool to see something like that).

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    His character voices for both Scott and Emma were the worst they have ever been.
    You read Rosenberg, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    X-men Legacy and X-Force ran concurrently with Fraction's run
    Legacy was a solo, X-force not an X-men team.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Fraction's run was basically when Emma changed from co-leader of the X-Men to Cyclops' #1 supporter/cheerleader. Emma's part in taking down Norman Osborn's Cabal that she joined was revealed to actually be Scott's plan. She also got infected with a sliver of the Void, but somehow, Cyclops was able to contain it with a mental technique he learned from Jean. Emma's character was also softened under Fraction and she became more like a denmother, comforting characters like Colossus with kind words. I think Fraction admitted he modeled his Scott and Emma after himself and his wife, Kelly Sue DeConnick, which probably explains why they their relationship under Fraction became more mundane and Scott became more of Emma's hero than her equal. You could tell Fraction was first and foremost a Cyclops fan, which many thought was to the detriment of other characters, including Emma.
    And this is why I fear any major female character being turned into the girlfriend/wife character. I feel this way about both Emma and Jean. The mostly cishet white writers usually write for the main male character and the gf/wife character is only there to support and fawn over the male character. This is why I am so anti shipping and sometimes come across as anti Scott/Jean and anti Scott/Emma. The women characters usually suffer in relationships. Writing relationships must be tough. Look at Rogue and Gambit even a megafan of them wrote them too sappy and annoying in the Mr and Ms X run. I just don't think people get how relationships truly are and they try to write them as we are sold by mass media (tv, movies, magazines, etc). It just doesn't mirror real people or real life.

My rant is almost over.. but yes I agree those were hard times to witness Emma take second place to Cyclops.

Like I've said when we discussed this earlier, once the X-men moved out of the mansion and ended the school setting, Scott becoming the main leader, with Emma as her second was natural, since they were co-headmasters, but he was always the field leader. The mistake was ending the New X-men book that was doing well.

Fractions run wa a not as bad as Rosenbergs run or even Brubakers. Or a lot of others like Jason Aaron, Guggenheim, Hosts Amazing X-Men etc

Frost stopped being co leader in Messiah Complex not Fractions run. Her role was supportive in Fractions run for sure but so was everyone else.

Fractions run while it's faults did bring back Psylocke. Utilised Northstar, Dazzler and Pixie.
    Did have the X-Men not job to the Dark Avengers.

Had Dani remember she's s Valkeyrie.

Created the science division.
    Fixed Archangel hiatus.
    Officially brought back Storm. While Brubaker brought her back temporarily for one mission
    He fixed SPICE

Had Scott and Emma able compassion towards humans.
    Brought back Kitty
    The dialogue was wonky at times but Fractoon didnt have an ego to wreck the sand pit. He actually brought toys lost from others to it.

He added he didn't destroy

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    He added he didn't destroy
    This is the most important, really.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I'll gladly take "As you wish" Fraction back than the writers we had as of late
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Fraction's run is the beginning of the end. He is a decent writer that brought ideas but didn't seem like he knew or loved the characters. His run was plagued by cheesecake art of Dodson and Land; and their cartoon vs photo realism styles drastically hurt consistency of the run. His solo focus was Cyclops and reduced Emma to trophy girlfriend. Even moments where Emma shined it was ultimately compromised by giving Cyclops credit for her actions.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Oh my god. Let's not forget Fraction contributed to retconning the White Queen into being even more of a victim than we thought. In fact Fraction's run came out BEFORE the X-Men Origins comic, and that Uncanny X-Men Annual revealed Emma was some subservient under Shaw, and he had her mindwiped.

I missed the original story in which Emma screwed over Shaw and voted him out of the club with Selene and Magneto. Even in Morrison's run, which arguably started Emma's stripper story, the story was that Emma broke Shaw's heart. He mistook their relationship for love and not power.

FB_IMG_1563657507149.jpg06

Marauders by Duggan and Lolli is one of the titles.
    I guess Emma will be here?

Astonishing Member

Emma will be here with Storm, Bishop, Kitty, Iceman and Pyro (I don't know which one, probably the old one, probably gay even if he is the old one)

Last edited by Diammandis; 07-20-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Amazing costume. Very very interesting lineup

That might be the most conservative outfit Emma has ever worn since she was 16.