Page 185 of 301 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 4503
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    KangMiRae, your avatar is triggering us. Could you change it to something else? I can find something better.

And yeah, in hindsight, thank god the Emma in Wolverine Origins and XMFC were forgettable enough that she can be reinvented for MCU.
    lmao. The rage runs deep.

KangMiRae, your avatar is triggering us. Could you change it to something else? I can find something better.

And yeah, in hindsight, thank god the Emma in Wolverine Origins and XMFC were forgettable enough that she can be reinvented for MCU.
    Great Avatar. Pay no attention to the voices...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

From now and until an MCU X-Men movie is officially announced, I am totally on board having Sophie Turner play Emma Frost. Given her work on Game of Thrones, her accent, and her dress sense, I think she would be a great Emma Frost.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I would rather they go with an older actress for Emma. Besides her JUST playing Jean should take her out of the running. She's not that great of an actress that she needs to be kept around and swapped for a different role, especially one tied so intimately with the one she just played

Emma was right

I hate when people fancast actors from the Game of Thrones. As if they are unaware of the existence of other actors and movies. And no, Sophie Turner is a bad choice.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Great Avatar. Pay no attention to the voices...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I would rather they go with an older actress for Emma. Besides her JUST playing Jean should take her out of the running. She's not that great of an actress that she needs to be kept around and swapped for a different role, especially one tied so intimately with the one she just played
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    I hate when people fancast actors from the Game of Thrones. As if they are unaware of the existence of other actors and movies. And no, Sophie Turner is a bad choice.
    A few years ago I would’ve said Jessica Chastain for MCU Jean or Emma, but Dark Phoenix stopped that
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 07-23-2019 at 09:31 AM.

Sophie Turner as Emma Frost? WTF. What a miscast.

I would really like some unknown actress or someone who has been a tv show. I actually think that actress from Dexter would be good. I saw her a little bit in Handmaiden's Tale. *checks imdb* Her name is Yvonne Strahoski.

She plays a horrific character on Handmaiden's Tale though, but her reputation as a villain there could play into the viewer's perception as someone you're not sure you can trust.

People assumed Ben Mendelsen was a bad guy in Captain Marvel just because he's always played villains, but he ended up being a good guy in the movie. So ya it could work.

Sophie Turner lulz. No thanks. I'll take Ruth Wilson from Luther

I think people are saying Sophie just because she has the looks to pull off Emma Frost, not necessarily casting her due to her acting
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Sophie Turner as Emma Frost? WTF. What a miscast.

I would really like some unknown actress or someone who has been a tv show. I actually think that actress from Dexter would be good. I saw her a little bit in Handmaiden's Tale. *checks imdb* Her name is Yvonne Strahoski.

She plays a horrific character on Handmaiden's Tale though, but her reputation as a villain there could play into the viewer's perception as someone you're not sure you can trust.

People assumed Ben Mendelsen was a bad guy in Captain Marvel just because he's always played villains, but he ended up being a good guy in the movie. So ya it could work.
    I just want Emma, Jean, and Scott to be in the same age range. It's been canon for ages that Emma is very close in age to the O5. So if Emma is in her 30's in the movie, then Jean and Scott should also be in their 30's.

I don't want to go back to the way X-Men were in the 60's and 70's. I would rather start off with New X-Men and go from there. Skip the Dark Phoenix, don't kill Jean off because there is no need to do that. If Emma is in the HFC in the first movie, then have her side with the X-Men near the end of the movie and join them at the end. But even in New X-Men, Emma had left the HFC for a long while, she taught with Sean for a while in Generation X, and then she went to teach in Genosha when Xavier asked her.

Personally I prefer if they hire actresses and actors for Jean, Scott, and Emma who are in their mid to late 20's. Wolverine can be any age but probably an actor in the same range would be better since Wolverine is supposed to be immortal.

Hell no to ANYONE from GoT. The show was full of mediocre actors working with an excellently weaved elaborate story. It worked in spite of them, not with them. Sure there was the occasional great actor/actress (Sean Bean, Lena Headey), but most of the cast are not THAT great of actors. Turner, Clarke and Harington particularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I think people are saying Sophie just because she has the looks to pull off Emma Frost, not necessarily casting her due to her acting
    Sophie was horrible as Jean Grey, so I definitely don't want her anywhere near Emma Frost. She was ok in GoT, but not the best actress by any stretch of the imagination. Everything outside of GoT has just proven that she lucked out with her first movie.

If you want to look at child actors growing up just look at the three core kids from Harry Potter: Daniel Radcliffe moderately successful, he gets regular roles. Emma Watson, she was getting regular roles, but has gotten less lately. Rupert Grint has mostly been working in TV since Harry Potter ended.

Getting into a big production as a child can be like winning the lottery but that doesn't make them great actors, and you usually see who stands out after the show ends. I think Sophie's career is going to go down hill now, whereas Maise is going to probably go a bit further even though she doesn't have the Hollywood look like Sophie does.

Anyway, sorry for getting off topic but I don't think Sophie should be allowed anywhere near the MCU in any role at all.

I hope they don’t decide to make all the X-Men young, especially Scott and Emma. I’d like them to be their comic ages, maybe a few years younger.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I can't wait to read how and why Emma gets involved in Marauders and how she'll use her powers.
    So excited!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Hell no to ANYONE from GoT. The show was full of mediocre actors working with an excellently weaved elaborate story. It worked in spite of them, not with them. Sure there was the occasional great actor/actress (Sean Bean, Lena Headey), but most of the cast are not THAT great of actors. Turner, Clarke and Harington particularly.
    It’s the other way around. Great actors turned a **** sandwich into something watchable post-season 4