Page 187 of 301 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Though, nothing I read seems to suggest otherwise, I hope she'll be an active, physical and very present member of the team. Historically, she's never one to sit behind a desk, "undercover" while other team members are out fighting the fight.
    LOL...in Secret Empire, she had people fight for her on the front lines while she stayed in the back, pulling the strings

Hellfire Trading Company reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean. The main antagonists were trading companies as well.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm talking about as she was written in the X-Men ever since her days as a villain, then as head mistress of Gen-X, then in Astonishing X-Men...and from what little I've know of her Utopia days.
    Yes there may have been situations that demand she stay "in the shadows" as it were but...I don't see that as being part and parcel of her MO.

I'm talking about as she was written in the X-Men ever since her days as a villain, then as head mistress of Gen-X, then in Astonishing X-Men...and from what little I've know of her Utopia days.
    Yes there may have been situations that demand she stay "in the shadows" as it were but...I don't see that as being part and parcel of her MO.
    when she was a villain, thats what she was trainig the Hellions to do. She recruited Firestar to be her personal assassin so she wouldnt get her hands dirty. I dont think this type of approach is beyond her bc she has taking it before in the past. Her recent status quo may inform why she would again

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As a villain, she went after Kitty and the X-Men directly. The hellions went after the New Mutants while she focused on bending Kitty to her will.
    It's not beyond her, I agree but, in-story she's been shown to be at the fore-front of engagement and hands-on more often than not.
    Certain situations might lend to her being both in the background or at the fore depending...it's not a question of "one or the other".
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-23-2019 at 02:50 PM.

As a villain, she went after Kitty and the X-Men directly. The hellions went after the New Mutants while she focused on bending Kitty to her will.
    It's not beyond her, I agree but, in-story she's been shown to be at the fore-front of engagement and hands-on more often than not.
    That’s the most boring Emma Frost, being completely honest. I wouldn’t be surprised if HoX/PoX sets up a council of mutants who represent the teams and their leaders. Emma represents a the Marauders, gets Kitty to be the leader and form her own trusted team that just has to report back to Emma. Same with Beast and the X-Force.

I don't know...I've never quite got the theory that X-Man Emma would really do something overtly illegal, that could in the long run affect her standing as a hero and X-Man. Yes, the HFC is known for its shady dealings but now, with Emma as it's CEO, it would be refreshing if they/she were legitimately playing above board..at least from a legal perspective.
    Knowing what they stand for and what they're fighting for would Emma do anything to jeopardise that?
    It depends if the human governments have them under a blockade or sanctions. There is a reason that this group is called Marauders and labelled as pirates, I think the humans label them that way. Honestly, I can't even come up in my head why they call it the Hellfire Trading Company except as some allusion to piracy in the 1600's and 1700's. Unless, there has been a shell company under the Hellfire Club umbrella with that name already and it gets revealed as the method by which Emma ships things worldwide. I remember though Frost International was a shipping company and she eventually branched it out into electronics too.

Emma's main company Frost International / Enterprises has held multiple conglomerates for years. But the Hellfire Club Trading Company must be something new she set up as the new Black King of the HFC.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 07-23-2019 at 04:08 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I am 100% on Ruth Wilson Emma.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

No Emma in House of X?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    No Emma in House of X?
    Nope

10 Char

Astonishing Member

No Emma in House of X?
    no Emma but her 5 daughters, Sophie and Esme were resurrected

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    no Emma but her 5 daughters, Sophie and Esme were resurrected
    I saw. Very interesting.

I don't know if Morrison expected the Cuckoos to be consistently used the way they have been after his run; but it has also helped secure Emma as a central figure amoung the X-Men. Even when she isn't there he presence is felt through them.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

Astonishing Member

I saw. Very interesting.

I don't know if Morrison expected the Cuckoos to be consistently used the way they have been after his run; but it has also helped secure Emma as a central figure amoung the X-Men. Even when she isn't there he presence is felt through them.
    How long has it been since Emma interacted with her daughters in a meaningful capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    How long has it been since Emma interacted with her daughters in a meaningful capacity?
    Probably Bendis run?