Page 191 of 263 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3933
  1. #2851
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,983

    Default

    The Gen X look will always be my fave. I didnt like when they gave her a white variation of the training suit later in the run

  2. #2852
    Mutant Midnighter NewMutant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_whitequeen View Post
    I do love the costume-memory lane but Emma Frost would never have those type of doe-eyes especially with that expression, clearly the artist who drew this cover did not understand Emma Frost one bit.
    I disagree. The costume variants almost always get the wrong costumes for the character. These costumes makes me feel like the artist understands Emma's evolution and iconic looks.
    I'm a fighter. I fight for normal people. But I'll never be one. I'm not a hero. Some people can't handle that.

    #midnightermonday

    Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

    IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

  3. #2853
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,715

    Default

    I can see what t_wq is saying. And agree. The facial expressions do not read HBIC Emma Frost at all...more like some cute air-head blonde playing dress-up.
    But to be fair...if you're hired to do a 'quick' variant...you're not really thinking too deeply about WHO that character is.
    (One of the reasons why I don't buy variants...they tend to be more vapid than interesting.)

  4. #2854
    Incredible Member Ororo101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    605

    Default

    It reads a bit like Susan Storm to me truthfully, but I love the costume choices and depictions. Outside of her facial appearance it’s a lovely cover.

  5. #2855
    Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    It reads a bit like Susan Storm to me truthfully, but I love the costume choices and depictions. Outside of her facial appearance it’s a lovely cover.
    I agree, I think it’s the semi wavy hair on some of them. I think the only two who look like Emma are the Gen X & the New X-Men look.

  6. #2856
    Incredible Member ButterRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    849

    Default

    This thread is just awful...someone posting some of the worst scans of Emma:

    https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...264985088?s=20

    The Confession, Bendis Emma, and that weird one-shot with Emma bursting in tears... god. The Confession and that one-shot was when Emma was starting to get written really bad.

  7. #2857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    This thread is just awful...someone posting some of the worst scans of Emma:

    https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...264985088?s=20

    The Confession, Bendis Emma, and that weird one-shot with Emma bursting in tears... god. The Confession and that one-shot was when Emma was starting to get written really bad.
    I don't mind some of those stages of Emma that were posted there. A lot of it is Emma coming to terms with her past actions and rising above it. It's a redemption arc, that's one of things I always loved about Emma, her redemption was earned. Magneto is given a free pass so often because he is besties with Charles. Emma Frost earned her redemption with hard work and dedication. It's one of the reasons that I never want Emma to go back to being a villain, because she has grown as a character.

    Even when she took over the HFC I knew she did it for a good reason, and it turned out she was using HFC resources to build schools. I kind of want someone to point out that for someone who tries to make a big show of being a nefarious schemer she kind of comes across as a school teacher.

  8. #2858
    Emma was right Gamall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Can someone explain why she perpetually looked like her eyes were closed (or she was being drawn as a really offensive caricature of a person of Asian descent) during Morrison's run?
    Itís just the art style. All characters in Morrisonís run looks strange.

  9. #2859
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    30

    Default

    I wish they hadn't killed her offscreen in DOFP. Granted, not great casting and poor character dev in First Class, but the character can be compelling even as feminine/femme-fatale. And I don't mind her as eye-candy in the comics and potentially in the MCU. I'm tired of all the redheads, black-belts, screwovers of Sue Storm in the films. Cpt. Marvel-Larson, bleh.

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Even when she took over the HFC I knew she did it for a good reason, and it turned out she was using HFC resources to build schools. I kind of want someone to point out that for someone who tries to make a big show of being a nefarious schemer she kind of comes across as a school teacher.
    I hope after UX-men #22, she finds and get back together with the cuckoos. They were a fun "family"
    Last edited by krylite; 07-27-2019 at 06:38 AM.

  10. #2860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krylite View Post
    I wish they hadn't killed her offscreen in DOFP. Granted, not great casting and poor character dev in First Class, but the character can be compelling even as feminine/femme-fatale. And I don't mind her as eye-candy in the comics and potentially in the MCU. I'm tired of all the redheads, black-belts, screwovers of Sue Storm in the films. Cpt. Marvel-Larson, bleh.



    I hope after UX-men #22, she finds and get back together with the cuckoos. They were a fun "family"
    Yeah, I hope she gets to be with her girls again. Since the Summers/Grey family is getting some attention, the Frost family should too.

  11. #2861
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    I love the Cuckoos and i would absolutely enjoy them interacting with Emma. They have difficult relationships, but they don't have to be perfect, just show that they care what the other thinks even a little. (i would like if someone reveals that Emma pays for all the Cuckoos expenses)
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-27-2019 at 10:41 AM.

  12. #2862
    EMMA WAS RIGHT! darkalamator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,999

    Default

    Are we getting Emma this week in PoX#1?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

  13. #2863
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,324

    Default

    Unclear, but she's in the cover of #2.

  14. #2864
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I disagree. The costume variants almost always get the wrong costumes for the character. These costumes makes me feel like the artist understands Emma's evolution and iconic looks.
    I agree with you. On the doe-eyes, I think she could have them, if she is going through something new in her life, new psychological state/state of mind. Even if she has never been like that before.

  15. #2865
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, I hope she gets to be with her girls again. Since the Summers/Grey family is getting some attention, the Frost family should too.
    Agreed. I like her with her daughters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •