Page 191 of 301 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 4503

The Gen X look will always be my fave. I didnt like when they gave her a white variation of the training suit later in the run

Quote Originally Posted by the_whitequeen View Post
    I do love the costume-memory lane but Emma Frost would never have those type of doe-eyes especially with that expression, clearly the artist who drew this cover did not understand Emma Frost one bit.
    I disagree. The costume variants almost always get the wrong costumes for the character. These costumes makes me feel like the artist understands Emma's evolution and iconic looks.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I can see what t_wq is saying. And agree. The facial expressions do not read HBIC Emma Frost at all...more like some cute air-head blonde playing dress-up.
    But to be fair...if you're hired to do a 'quick' variant...you're not really thinking too deeply about WHO that character is.
    (One of the reasons why I don't buy variants...they tend to be more vapid than interesting.)

It reads a bit like Susan Storm to me truthfully, but I love the costume choices and depictions. Outside of her facial appearance it’s a lovely cover.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    It reads a bit like Susan Storm to me truthfully, but I love the costume choices and depictions. Outside of her facial appearance it’s a lovely cover.
    I agree, I think it’s the semi wavy hair on some of them. I think the only two who look like Emma are the Gen X & the New X-Men look.

This thread is just awful...someone posting some of the worst scans of Emma:

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...264985088?s=20

The Confession, Bendis Emma, and that weird one-shot with Emma bursting in tears... god. The Confession and that one-shot was when Emma was starting to get written really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    This thread is just awful...someone posting some of the worst scans of Emma:

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...264985088?s=20

The Confession, Bendis Emma, and that weird one-shot with Emma bursting in tears... god. The Confession and that one-shot was when Emma was starting to get written really bad.
    I don't mind some of those stages of Emma that were posted there. A lot of it is Emma coming to terms with her past actions and rising above it. It's a redemption arc, that's one of things I always loved about Emma, her redemption was earned. Magneto is given a free pass so often because he is besties with Charles. Emma Frost earned her redemption with hard work and dedication. It's one of the reasons that I never want Emma to go back to being a villain, because she has grown as a character.

Even when she took over the HFC I knew she did it for a good reason, and it turned out she was using HFC resources to build schools. I kind of want someone to point out that for someone who tries to make a big show of being a nefarious schemer she kind of comes across as a school teacher.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Can someone explain why she perpetually looked like her eyes were closed (or she was being drawn as a really offensive caricature of a person of Asian descent) during Morrison's run?
    It’s just the art style. All characters in Morrison’s run looks strange.

Amazing Member

I wish they hadn't killed her offscreen in DOFP. Granted, not great casting and poor character dev in First Class, but the character can be compelling even as feminine/femme-fatale. And I don't mind her as eye-candy in the comics and potentially in the MCU. I'm tired of all the redheads, black-belts, screwovers of Sue Storm in the films. Cpt. Marvel-Larson, bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Even when she took over the HFC I knew she did it for a good reason, and it turned out she was using HFC resources to build schools. I kind of want someone to point out that for someone who tries to make a big show of being a nefarious schemer she kind of comes across as a school teacher.
    I hope after UX-men #22, she finds and get back together with the cuckoos. They were a fun "family"
    Last edited by krylite; 07-27-2019 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krylite View Post
    I wish they hadn't killed her offscreen in DOFP. Granted, not great casting and poor character dev in First Class, but the character can be compelling even as feminine/femme-fatale. And I don't mind her as eye-candy in the comics and potentially in the MCU. I'm tired of all the redheads, black-belts, screwovers of Sue Storm in the films. Cpt. Marvel-Larson, bleh.

I hope after UX-men #22, she finds and get back together with the cuckoos. They were a fun "family"
    Yeah, I hope she gets to be with her girls again. Since the Summers/Grey family is getting some attention, the Frost family should too.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I love the Cuckoos and i would absolutely enjoy them interacting with Emma. They have difficult relationships, but they don't have to be perfect, just show that they care what the other thinks even a little. (i would like if someone reveals that Emma pays for all the Cuckoos expenses)
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-27-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Are we getting Emma this week in PoX#1?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Unclear, but she's in the cover of #2.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I disagree. The costume variants almost always get the wrong costumes for the character. These costumes makes me feel like the artist understands Emma's evolution and iconic looks.
    I agree with you. On the doe-eyes, I think she could have them, if she is going through something new in her life, new psychological state/state of mind. Even if she has never been like that before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, I hope she gets to be with her girls again. Since the Summers/Grey family is getting some attention, the Frost family should too.
    Agreed. I like her with her daughters.