Page 196 of 301 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 4503
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The X-men have allied with Mystique at various points over the last 15 years and its never made any sense each time
    It comes with being a Villain Sue. She gets more pass than any other villain, but gets credited as an Anti-Hero. I think Emma has gotten more crap & hate than Mystique ever has. Mystique's also never gotten cucked like they did with Emma in Uncanny.

The preferential treatment and other characters being made into morons just so she can do whatever she wants is almost up there with Logan. lol BUT at least Logan has the excuse of being an anti-hero and main X-Man, so it's expected. Mystique is another matter entirely She's a villain of the same caliber of Daken, Creed, and Sinister in terms of morality, yet gets passes and rarely received any kind of comeuppance. She always leaves unscathed with the last laugh & everyone around her looking like an incompetent joke -only exception has been Magneto & Logan.

I am heavily salty about Creed's ties & further destruction to her, and Hickman s not helping. Marking him another of Creed's bad writers who hasn't researched passed Austen.

Anyway, maybe Emma isn't allied with them. She's on the cover, but may be acting separately. Or only has shallow interactions with them at best. Covers are not always truthful. Though in the case of HOX 3 & 4, I hope they are. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-08-2019 at 08:28 PM.

At this point, Emma’s been presented with a vision that will guarantee safety for mutantkind (and her former students). She would put that above refusing to work with Mystique and Sabretooth. I’m sure she still distrusts them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    At this point, Emma’s been presented with a vision that will guarantee safety for mutantkind (and her former students). She would put that above refusing to work with Mystique and Sabretooth. I’m sure she still distrusts them.
    This. Also, (boosted?) Xavier, (Omega Telepath) Jean, Emma and the Cuckoos are just the telepaths we've seen, so anyone trying anything sneaky is really up against it, especially with Sage and Cypher handling tech. The only wildcard element I can think of (beyond Plot) is magic, which could be handled by Illyana and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    This. Also, (boosted?) Xavier, (Omega Telepath) Jean, Emma and the Cuckoos are just the telepaths we've seen, so anyone trying anything sneaky is really up against it, especially with Sage and Cypher handling tech. The only wildcard element I can think of (beyond Plot) is magic, which could be handled by Illyana and others.
    All these telepaths working together must be scary for the human community. Emma bypassed Callahan defenses with ease and they were supposed to be top notch. All of them together could pull a X2 and kill every human.

Regarding magic I think that the Avengers/humans have the upper hand since Strange is Supreme Sorcerer now. Plus they have Wanda and Voodoo if things went very bad and they started a war. That's mainly against Illyana alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    All these telepaths working together must be scary for the human community. Emma bypassed Callahan defenses with ease and they were supposed to be top notch. All of them together could pull a X2 and kill every human.

Regarding magic I think that the Avengers/humans have the upper hand since Strange is Supreme Sorcerer now. Plus they have Wanda and Voodoo if things went very bad and they started a war. That's mainly against Illyana alone.
    True, I can only think of Dani (kinda, as a Valkyrie) and Pixie (+ her mother) as magic users in the X-Men, but I wonder if the Szardos and MI:13 people could be involved, and if Krakoa has any links to Limbo.

Telepathy vs magic isn't actually something I can think of coming up off the top of my head - Emma versus a magic user could be really interesting! I enjoyed Felicia Hardy vs magic in Black Cat #3 this week a lot, with her probability field manipulation - which reminds me that Domino is another interesting case. (I have read her A+X story with Wanda, which is really cool.)

Are we ready for Emma's first appearance in the Hickman era this week guys and gals

I wonder if her stance on Krakoa isn't necessarily as enthusiastic as everyone we've seen so far. Or maybe she's just more invested from a busine$$ standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Are we ready for Emma's first appearance in the Hickman era this week guys and gals

I wonder if her stance on Krakoa isn't necessarily as enthusiastic as everyone we've seen so far. Or maybe she's just more invested from a busine$$ standpoint.
    It'd be cool if she was handling business stuff. Xavier is moving a lot of money around as per HoX #1, so it would be nice to see her and the Hellfire Club involved.

Its going to be interesting to see how hickman addresses/ handles her being in charge of the HFC and how he uses that in the context of the story. But, needless to say im actually quite excited to see how hickman writes Emma and to see the many outfits that shes going to be wearing throughout this run
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Emma had Bobby PRESSED!

They did have alot of sexual tension which is ironic given more recent revelations

Emma had Bobby PRESSED!

They did have alot of sexual tension which is ironic given more recent revelations
    Emma really did like to **** with Bobby's head. But all of it was her skill as an instructor, forcing him to come to grips with his own strength on his own terms, and using her abilities to force him towards that conclusion. As stated before, she is a GOOD teacher, not necessarily a KIND one.

BANNED

It never did make sense to me that the X-Men left Raven alive after what she did to Moira. Or when she betrayed them again in Carey's adjectiveless. She was and is a great villain and I'm glad to have her, but in-story she lost all sense of proportion after Destiny's death and should have been put down many, many times.

That said, with what we know now it makes more sense. Maybe Mystique was in on it with Moira, maybe not. But both Emma and Raven are pragmatists above all. They can make it work.

As a kid/teen in the '90s I always sort of implicitly took the strange Emma/Bobby subplot as a stealth gay thing - they kept playing up that they were linked, that she was a kind of feminine side, knew all his secrets, etc. It seemed weirdly psychosexual, and Emma was/is at times also kind of a figure of camp, the bitch goddess, etc. I couldn't have articulated that at the time but it felt then like the X-office trying to clumsily explore a gay angle without being able to outright state it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    It never did make sense to me that the X-Men left Raven alive after what she did to Moira. Or when she betrayed them again in Carey's adjectiveless. She was and is a great villain and I'm glad to have her, but in-story she lost all sense of proportion after Destiny's death and should have been put down many, many times.

That said, with what we know now it makes more sense. Maybe Mystique was in on it with Moira, maybe not. But both Emma and Raven are pragmatists above all. They can make it work.

As a kid/teen in the '90s I always sort of implicitly took the strange Emma/Bobby subplot as a stealth gay thing - they kept playing up that they were linked, that she was a kind of feminine side, knew all his secrets, etc. It seemed weirdly psychosexual, and Emma was/is at times also kind of a figure of camp, the bitch goddess, etc. I couldn't have articulated that at the time but it felt then like the X-office trying to clumsily explore a gay angle without being able to outright state it.
    Wolverine went to kill her after her betrayal in Carey’s run and left her for dead and did kill her after she helped send him to hell.

Are we certain??
    Tell me, tell me true!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Wolverine went to kill her after her betrayal in Carey’s run and left her for dead and did kill her after she helped send him to hell.
    That hairy piece of **** tries to kill everyone. I hate him.

Emma had Bobby PRESSED!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Emma really did like to **** with Bobby's head. But all of it was her skill as an instructor, forcing him to come to grips with his own strength on his own terms, and using her abilities to force him towards that conclusion. As stated before, she is a GOOD teacher, not necessarily a KIND one.
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Yeah, I don't read it as sexual tension, but her teaching Bobby in her way, as well as the clumsy/hesitant "Bobby is gay" stuff in the 90s. Emma uses an interior decorating barb as a way to wind Bobby up directly before the scene posted, and Jean has the shopping discussion with him in the 90s too, where she seems to know something he won't say.

apparently Emma is going to be in Marvel Super War, and this is going to be her character model
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer