Page 202 of 301 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 4503

Likewise you as well

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Are you seriously have this OTT reaction because of a vague maybe legitimate solicit. Really? That's embarrassing. I understand over the last 2-3 few years Emma has been written poorly, but lets at least give Duggan & Hickman a chance before we throw our toys out of the pram.

And as for who has more sway, Hickman or JDW I'd give it to the former. JDW as we know likes his characters to be classic flavoured, i.e boyscout Cyclops, but given how Hickman has been writing him, he obviously sees him differently.

Emma being written as doing shady or underhanded things also comes part and parcel of the character. It makes me laugh when Emma fans complain about her being portrayed as less than good like they want her to be Jean or something. No, that's not why the character broke out and attempts to whitewash her history as helpless victim do a massive disservice to the character.
    Her doing shady things is fine. Her backstabbing all of the X-Men so she can kick puppies isn't. The former is who she is. The latter is a fundamental misunderstanding of the character post 1987.

BANNED

There is no evidence this is what she's doing in Marauders. It's just another misleading solicit after decades of them.

LOL at Emma

I felt bad for her. Traveling with Banshee must be rough
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-18-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Emma and Sean.......man....I think this was as close they got.

I want them to interact so bad. Like, it's so annoying how two characters who spent so much time together don't get to pass each other in the hall and be hi!

I mean, granted prior to HoX I guess the interaction with Banshee would've been awkward with his whole Lurch phase.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I want them to interact so bad. Like, it's so annoying how two characters who spent so much time together don't get to pass each other in the hall and be hi!

I mean, granted prior to HoX I guess the interaction with Banshee would've been awkward with his whole Lurch phase.
    Agreed, though even a sorrowful “What’s happened to you, Sean?” would’ve made my day. Just some character history acknowledgement, which unless Scemma was involved, never came up in this recent Uncanny relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Agreed, though even a sorrowful “What’s happened to you, Sean?” would’ve made my day. Just some character history acknowledgement, which unless Scemma was involved, never came up in this recent Uncanny relaunch.
    Yeah, what she said to Dani when she realized it was her was probably one of the maybe 3 lines Emma had in those issues I like.

I mean, at the end of the day that's just the nature of long running franchises and lack of care about history when new talent comes on board.

I just want Sean and Emma to meet and say

"Aye, lass, can ye get me some gelapanoe crisps and 2€ of pepperoni?"

"It's not pronounced "gelapanoe", darling. It's "jalapeño", the J is silent. The J's like an H, Sean."

"The **** are ye talkin' about? I ordered gelapanoe!"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I just want Sean and Emma to meet and say

"Aye, lass, can ye get me some gelapanoe crisps and 2€ of pepperoni?"

"It's not pronounced "gelapanoe", darling. It's "jalapeño", the J is silent. The J's like an H, Sean."

"The **** are ye talkin' about? I ordered gelapanoe!"
    Yes, exactly.

We need an anthology series again. X-Men Unlimited style with random short stories about mutants just being mutants and the occasional orgy.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    That's because Rosenberg didn't acknowledge any history after 1991 or so, except to intentionally dump on it, like it happened with Scott and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    That's because Rosenberg didn't acknowledge any history after 1991 or so, except to intentionally dump on it, like it happened with Scott and Emma.
    Rosenber didn't dump on Scemma, they haven't been together since AvX. Bendis didn't treat the relationship well, maybe it is time to understand that it has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Rosenber didn't dump on Scemma, they haven't been together since AvX. Bendis didn't treat the relationship well, maybe it is time to understand that it has changed.
    Rosenberg spent literally the entire run of Uncanny taking a crap all over Scott and Emma (and Havok, and Magik, and Hope...). And it had nothing to do with their relationship. He made Scott a whiny ineffective loser and Emma an incompetent stupid coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Its not a simply a Rosenberg thing as Emma's Gen X past rarely gets acknowledged. She barely reacted to his death and I dont think ever to his return years ago

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Rosenberg spent literally the entire run of Uncanny taking a crap all over Scott and Emma (and Havok, and Magik, and Hope...). And it had nothing to do with their relationship. He made Scott a whiny ineffective loser and Emma an incompetent stupid coward.
    Oh, that. I suppose I made a mistake.