Page 22 of 301 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Aww... just noticed WhiteQueen got nuked. Bummer. I'm willing to bet it was the Emma with the X-Men thread. That place got heated for a bit.

So who do we think sees Scott first? Jean or Emma?
    I think she was jettisoned from the X-Men specifically so that she is "out of sight, out of mind" until Cyclops and Jean have been hooked back up for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    I think she was jettisoned from the X-Men specifically so that she is "out of sight, out of mind" until Cyclops and Jean have been hooked back up for a while.
    I think Emma and Scott gonna meet on Uncanny #17. Unless Marvel gonna hook up Scott and Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think Emma and Scott gonna meet on Uncanny #17. Unless Marvel gonna hook up Scott and Wolverine
    Was there a solicit for Uncanny 17? Haven't really been paying attention.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    It's the issue Rosenberg called his most soap opera work ever. So bets on either Scott and Emma meeting, or Scott and Logan finally acting on their desire for each other.

One of these two or something totally unrelated lol

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Rosenberg said it would be his most soap opera issue of the run.And he said he was going to write Emma.

BANNED

Rosenberg said it would be his most soap opera issue of the run.And he said he was going to write Emma.
    Really? Nice!

Link?

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Really? Nice!

Link?
    It's on his Twitter. Of course it might not be a completely different characters on the soap opera, I guess we will know it on solicits this month

It's on his Twitter. Of course it might not be a completely different characters on the soap opera, I guess we will know it on solicits this month
    Emma catches Scott and Logan sleeping together and just says "Now everything makes sense!" and walks away.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Emma catches Scott and Logan sleeping together and just says "Now everything makes sense!" and walks away.
    But not before giving Logan the helpful tip that Scott likes it when you REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    But not before giving Logan the helpful tip that Scott likes it when you REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED
    Haha, that would be too funny. I hope they don't make Emma completely lose her cool and want Scott back only to be rejected by him. I want her to come in strong and leave the issue strong. She is the Imperial Black Empress of the Hellfire Club and she should be regal when she deals with the two supplicants asking for help from her.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Haha, that would be too funny. I hope they don't make Emma completely lose her cool and want Scott back only to be rejected by him. I want her to come in strong and leave the issue strong. She is the Imperial Black Empress of the Hellfire Club and she should be regal when she deals with the two supplicants asking for help from her.
    I think it will be a repeat of Bendis: She ask him to return to her, and he'll reject her. She'll be upset, but not in a "attack you on sight" way. More in a "You'll never understand how much you mean to me" way.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Emma is smart. She knows that men only want shiny, new things, especially things that they shouldn't want. So she uses her powers to erase her entire memory from Scott's mind. She then does the same thing to herself, psionically burying their history in the recesses of her mind. The next time that Scott sees Emma, and she him, it's like seeing each other for the first time. They meet and their natural chemistry does its thing. Powerful thing, that. He finds himself thinking about her all of the time. Even when he's with Jean. Precisely because she's not Jean. Emma inevitably wins Scott because she gives him what Jean couldn't: a fresh start.

To his credit, Scott tells Jean early on about the growing affection that he has for Emma. Jean is crushed, but she understands. She's mostly just tired of losing herself to Scott. It's never easy to tell the one you love goodbye for good, but she musters the strength to do it. She parts ways with her knight and finds Bishop. But that's a story for another thread.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Emma is smart. She knows that men only want shiny, new things, especially things that they shouldn't want. So she uses her powers to erase her entire memory from Scott's mind. She then does the same thing to herself, psionically burying their history in the recesses of her mind. The next time that Scott sees Emma, and she him, it's like seeing each other for the first time. They meet and their natural chemistry does its thing. Powerful thing, that. He finds himself thinking about her all of the time. Even when he's with Jean. Precisely because she's not Jean. Emma inevitably wins Scott because she gives him what Jean couldn't: a fresh start.

To his credit, Scott tells Jean early on about the growing affection that he has for Emma. Jean is crushed, but she understands. She's mostly just tired of losing herself to Scott. It's never easy to tell the one you love goodbye for good, but she musters the strength to do it. She parts ways with her knight and finds Bishop. But that's a story for another thread.
    I know Scemma fans would love this, but as an Emma fan, I'm not fond of that scenario. It's almost as bad as when Emma tried to rewrite Tyke's mind to make him like the Scott she missed. It makes Emma look even more desperate to recapture her past. Scott rejected her twice already (first when he broke up with her and again when she wanted to get back together). Emma should at least have some pride that would prevent her from resorting to forceful mindwipes to recreate what she lost. I think she'd also love Scott enough to not manipulate him into a relationship with her again.

It's been years since Scott died and even longer since they broke up. I think it would be a huge favor to Emma if they finally let her get over the grief of no longer having Scott in her life. Having her away from the X-Men for now and leading the Hellfire Club is at least a step in that direction of having her stand on her own again and not just as part of a couple.

BANNED

Emma is better with Banshee

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I know Scemma fans would love this, but as an Emma fan, I'm not fond of that scenario. It's almost as bad as when Emma tried to rewrite Tyke's mind to make him like the Scott she missed. It makes Emma look even more desperate to recapture her past. Scott rejected her twice already (first when he broke up with her and again when she wanted to get back together). Emma should at least have some pride that would prevent her from resorting to forceful mindwipes to recreate what she lost. I think she'd also love Scott enough to not manipulate him into a relationship with her again.

It's been years since Scott died and even longer since they broke up. I think it would be a huge favor to Emma if they finally let her get over the grief of no longer having Scott in her life. Having her away from the X-Men for now and leading the Hellfire Club is at least a step in that direction of having her stand on her own again and not just as part of a couple.
    In universe it's only been a few months.