Page 237 of 301 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247287 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 4503
    BANNED

That artist is drawing Marauders #4.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That artist is drawing Marauders #4.
    haha, that would be awesome if it was an actual scene from Marauders 4 and we find out that Emma, Jean, Storm, Rogue, and Elizabeth are all members of the Hellfire Club.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

this amused me, but i DIDN'T LAUGH

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Lol, that guy asking about the artist is pretty confused.

So

spoilers:
    While it seems nice at first, the issue I have is that Charles and Magneto are clearly the bad guys of the Krakoa thing. They're clearly manipulating everyone, and doing some shady stuff behind their backs. Which means Emma is STILL a bad guy, even if she isn't cartoonishly evil. This smells awfully familiar of X-Men Blue, with Emma being the supporting character of the bad guys.
    end of spoilers

I'll be very surprised if the current status is maintained for a long time, and if it does it will really lower my wants for a while. This Krakoa status quo is just another Age of Blank.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So

spoilers:
    While it seems nice at first, the issue I have is that Charles and Magneto are clearly the bad guys of the Krakoa thing. They're clearly manipulating everyone, and doing some shady stuff behind their backs. Which means Emma is STILL a bad guy, even if she isn't cartoonishly evil. This smells awfully familiar of X-Men Blue, with Emma being the supporting character of the bad guys.
    end of spoilers

I'll be very surprised if the current status is maintained for a long time, and if it does it will really lower my wants for a while. This Krakoa status quo is just another Age of Blank.
    Xavier showed up in marauders cover. So, he's not going away soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Xavier showed up in marauders cover. So, he's not going away soon.
    So we go from Age of X-Man to Age of Xavier? Because there is less than zero chance that the Krakoa status quo sticks around once Hickman leaves.

So we go from Age of X-Man to Age of Xavier? Because there is less than zero chance that the Krakoa status quo sticks around once Hickman leaves.
    I don't want to discuss it much till after the issue comes out tomorrow, but I am actually feeling very positive about Emma's place in things. I'll give my reasoning tomorrow though.

No spoilers until Wednesday at 9am EST. The spoilers being posted in this thread are creeping into other threads. Friendly reminder.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

The problem with that is assuming that the narrative wants you to think the mutants are in the wrong for what they’re doing. When that is not the case, as we see with the “No More” issue and the actual positions that the X-Men take on through the series. This is a series that deals with shades of grey, and what everyone is doing is for their survival. Like someone else had said, talking in terms of “good” and “bad” to try and measure the morality of each decision made isn’t really how the story should be taken. I think that what Emma has done for Krakoa, only what we know so far has been published, is because she believes in what Xavier is doing and that it will prevent her from dealing with another Genosha or Decimation or Utopia or loss of her students.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The problem with that is assuming that the narrative wants you to think the mutants are in the wrong for what they’re doing. When that is not the case, as we see with the “No More” issue and the actual positions that the X-Men take on through the series. This is a series that deals with shades of grey, and what everyone is doing is for their survival. Like someone else had said, talking in terms of “good” and “bad” to try and measure the morality of each decision made isn’t really how the story should be taken. I think that what Emma has done for Krakoa, only what we know so far has been published, is because she believes in what Xavier is doing and that it will prevent her from dealing with another Genosha or Decimation or Utopia or loss of her students.
    The alternative narrative is more frightening to me: that Scott, Jean, Logan, and virtually everyone else on the X-Men went through monumental character shifts, confrontations, and personal issues off-panel. Having a time skip where every character acts completely different is pants-on-head stupid. At that point, just make your own comic if you're just going to ignore literally everything else that has ever happened.

BANNED

The alternative narrative is more frightening to me: that Scott, Jean, Logan, and virtually everyone else on the X-Men went through monumental character shifts, confrontations, and personal issues off-panel. Having a time skip where every character acts completely different is pants-on-head stupid. At that point, just make your own comic if you're just going to ignore literally everything else that has ever happened.
    What is profoundly different?

- Scott is essentially the same driven radical he became on Utopia through to Bendis, now a general following a higher plan from Moira and Xavier
    - Jean is the same character, despite her fans' complaints that she is not owning everyone and starring in the maxiseries
    - Logan is also exactly the same

What is different about these characters, other than they are trying something new while retaining their existing personalities? Because I see no change.

And as for complaining about the far future and how things might change, if you follow that logic to its extreme, what is the point of any new regime writing anything new? What is the point of new comics and new ideas?

Claremont changed the books forever. Lots of stuff stuck.
    Morrison changed the books forever. Lots of stuff stuck.
    Other writers wrote the books - their stuff stuck intermittently.

What is it you want to read and happen? Because this is as big a change as has come along since 2001.

Hickman said up front there are 99 heroes and 98 villains (or something) in the new era. That's intentional. We are supposed to be divided in our feelings about the new X-Men ethos. Some of us love it, some of us are appalled by it. Some of us have conflicting feelings. They are supposed to seem like they could be both heroes and villains. They are supposed to feel alien, different but familiar. They are supposed to make us think. And BTW, that doesn't make Emma the villain anymore than it makes Scott or Jean or Logan or Ororo the villain. So far, from what we have seen, every single major X-Man is for Krakoa and driven by the cause with a passion. No one is out to get Emma here. This is just the new status quo for everyone, and Emma is front and center with Scott, Logan, Jean and the rest.
    Last edited by powerpax; 09-24-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Emma was right

Nothing good has happened in recent years, so it’s better to ignore it. Hickman’s run feels very fresh to me.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    What is profoundly different?

- Scott is essentially the same driven radical he became on Utopia through to Bendis, now a general following a higher plan from Moira and Xavier
    - Jean is the same character, despite her fans' complaints that she is not owning everyone and starring in the maxiseries
    - Logan is also exactly the same

What is different about these characters, other than they are trying something new while retaining their existing personalities? Because I see no change.

And as for complaining about the far future and how things might change, if you follow that logic to its extreme, what is the point of any new regime writing anything new? What is the point of new comics and new ideas?

Claremont changed the books forever. Lots of stuff stuck.
    Morrison changed the books forever. Lots of stuff stuck.
    Other writers wrote the books - their stuff stuck intermittently.

What is it you want to read and happen? Because this is as big a change as has come along since 2001.
    Scott is blindly following the will of Xavier even knowing it will get teammates killed, all to bank on Cerebra reanimating them. He lost all sense of tactical planning on the Orchis assault, though the didn't have that in Rosenberg's run either.

I'm not a huge Jean fan, but having her crying in the back of shuttle begging for help is a complete character 180 from the last three years.

Logan A) Not trying to kill Emma B) Not trying to kill Scott C) Not trying to kill Mystique D) Not trying to kill Sabertooth and just happily playing with children is disturbing to watch.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Classic cover art by Greg Horn from Emma Frost #5 (January, 2004):