Page 240 of 301 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think that this established that she's a powerful woman by herself. The rose in prominence among the X-Men is certainly in part thanks to Scott, but she's a major player politically and economically by herself.
    I am really surprised he didn't keep Emma on his book as a regular. He really knows her voice as a character.

Gerry Dugan must have totally twisted Hickman's arm and pinned him to the ground to get Hickman to let him have Emma as an ongoing character.

Anyway, it's been established many times that Emma Frost runs one of the largest companies in the world Frost International. On top of that, at the time of House of X #5, Emma is also the Lord Imperial of the Hellfire Club and has control of their worldwide organization which includes shipping. I am not sure but I thought with the name Hellfire International that she might have merged the organizations and brought all of their assets together in one company. Either way, Emma is the richest and most influential mutant in the world. I would say Warren and Bobby are probably influential too, but I think with all of the assets of Frost International and the Hellfire Club under Emma's control she may be richer than Tony Stark now.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's great to be an Emma Frost fan.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am really surprised he didn't keep Emma on his book as a regular. He really knows her voice as a character.

Gerry Dugan must have totally twisted Hickman's arm and pinned him to the ground to get Hickman to let him have Emma as an ongoing character.

Anyway, it's been established many times that Emma Frost runs one of the largest companies in the world Frost International. On top of that, at the time of House of X #5, Emma is also the Lord Imperial of the Hellfire Club and has control of their worldwide organization which includes shipping. I am not sure but I thought with the name Hellfire International that she might have merged the organizations and brought all of their assets together in one company. Either way, Emma is the richest and most influential mutant in the world. I would say Warren and Bobby are probably influential too, but I think with all of the assets of Frost International and the Hellfire Club under Emma's control she may be richer than Tony Stark now.
    Emma in the Illuminati would have been amazing. And it would have made much sense.

Now that you talk about Stark, I want a scene with Emma taking him out to dinner and paying the bill to show who's boss.

I think that this established that she's a powerful woman by herself. The rose in prominence among the X-Men is certainly in part thanks to Scott, but she's a major player politically and economically by herself.
    Oh I definitely agree with this

I cant believe I really thought it was downhill for Emma after UXM, now she's rising to prominence once again and is probably one of the most influential mutants in the world as of right now. This makes me so excited to see where Marauder's takes her character
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I cant believe I really thought it was downhill for Emma after UXM, now she's rising to prominence once again and is probably one of the most influential mutants in the world as of right now. This makes me so excited to see where Marauder's takes her character
    I am really hoping the Red Queen spoiler is true, because it reinforces that Emma sees herself fully on the same side as the X-Men. That pick for Red Queen is an obvious move to counter Shaw and keep him in check within the Hellfire Trading Company. The fact that Emma would also pick someone who is likely to disagree with her too is an indication that she wants to run things as legit as possible.

I am really hoping the Red Queen spoiler is true, because it reinforces that Emma sees herself fully on the same side as the X-Men. That pick for Red Queen is an obvious move to counter Shaw and keep him in check within the Hellfire Trading Company. The fact that Emma would also pick someone who is likely to disagree with her too is an indication that she wants to run things as legit as possible.
    And it would mean Hickman read the end of Astonishing, unlike some writers * stares at Bendis and Fraction *

I'm just loving Hickman's Emma so much. Thank you a lot daddy.

Also just like I imagined they're going to be addressing bits and bits of precious status quo, just like how they referenced X-Men Black with Emma saying she "just got rid of Sebastian" and Explaining why she needed to go back to White Queen, but then again, for what we know and have seen of the previous, I'm almost sure Emma is still in control of the Hellfire Club and Sebastian, to his of dismay, is nothing but a pawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's great to be an Emma Frost fan.
    Preach. I'm loving it so much. I'm super glad I had hope for this new era.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Preach. I'm loving it so much. I'm super glad I had hope for this new era.
    I'm glad the the mutants have hope to have decent lives on Earth in general at this point.

BANNED

LOL, I'm sure Hickman can feature Emma as much as he likes in his own book. The main title is the larger ensemble with rotating players.

Is the potential Red Queen spoiler in fact a callback to Whedon? Was there a reason Emma related to that character in that way then that I've forgotten? It's on the edge of my memory. Either way, definitely growth for Emma.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

UH!! It's like waking from a nightmare! Baby's back!!

I'm so happy!! She can be friends with Magneto and Xavier again and she apparently has her number one frenemy but her side. ❤ Hickman captured her spirit and my fucking heart this issue!
    And Unuscione was there, too!

It would make sense for now looking at the series as a whole and how Hickman is referencing older runs that the 2nd queen could possibly be spoilers:
    Kitty
    end of spoilers as she would be able to check Emma if she were to get out of hand and she also helped Emma in getting rid of Shaw once before.

Yep. Duggan just confirmed who the red queen is and its been in our face the whole time
    https://twitter.com/gerryduggan/stat...103710721?s=21
    Last edited by Diammandis; 09-25-2019 at 09:14 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Is the potential Red Queen spoiler in fact a callback to Whedon? Was there a reason Emma related to that character in that way then that I've forgotten? It's on the edge of my memory. Either way, definitely growth for Emma.
    They got pretty close by the end of that run. I think Emma always liked and admired her, and she learned a lot about Emma during that time, especially at the end.

Then everybody forgot lol.

I'm glad they're going to be allies.

They got pretty close by the end of that run. I think Emma always liked and admired her, and she learned a lot about Emma during that time, especially at the end.

Then everybody forgot lol.

I'm glad they're going to be allies.
    I know, this really gives you a clue into Emma's mindset, she picked the one person most likely to argue with her about stuff to have a 3rd stake in the Hellfire Trading Company.

I think Emma this shows that Emma is actually a bit suspicious of things and she wanted to bring in someone else who would share her suspicions so she picked Kate to be the Red Queen.

BANNED

Can't wait to hear the contortions on how Emma picking this Red Queen still means Hickman and Duggan are throwing Emma under the bus.