Page 242 of 301 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I love that Emma expresses all of the doubts the reader has about the whole operation when Xavier and Magneto approach her. She was convinced to help them for the sake of the children, and then she proceeded to negotiate like a boss for what her part in the government is going to be. Sure, I'll give you Shaw, but you have to give me another Queen who gets to sit on the ruling council that I get to pick myself.

spoilers:

I am going to say that the 2nd Queen has already been spoiled on the Internet, and it's very interesting who Emma picked.
    end of spoilers
    Is spoilers:
    Kitty
    end of spoilers the second queen? That seems like an obvious choice.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Is spoilers:
    Kitty
    end of spoilers the second queen? That seems like an obvious choice.
    yeah she is, Duggan revealed it today on his twitter
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I might just be cynical, but this issue didn't really do anything for me. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop, this Age of Xavier or whatever to be over, and then see where the status quo is. I just have zero patience for constant "Age of Blank" stories. So this is just Emma being part of the World Council in Age of Apocalypse or Doom's lover in Old Man Logan. It's an interesting role that likely won't mean jack squat six months from now when Hickman jumps ship, and the next writer reboots everything.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    And? Scott has obsessed over that for years since.

What did they not resolve? Jean died! She told Scott to move on! He didn't pull a fast one on her like he did to Maddy, it was something she wanted. Now she's back.

Let me ask you this: What exactly would make you feel like you got your money's worth from stories you admit sucked, and which you hated?

It is not Hickman's responsibility to rehash them when the larger audience has no interest in revisiting them, and the status quo he inherited deliberately brushed them aside in its last pages from another writer. You have been told the fallout from those stories is over, and you were told that before Hickman took over. It is not his responsibility to make you feel better about wasting your money and time on books that weren't worth it and aren't relevant to his current work.

^^ QFT.
    1) And now he's actually MEETING THE PERSON. It's like you're intentionally ignoring that or something.

2) Maybe because the affair is the one moment X-fans remember from all of Morrison. It has shaped every perception of all three characters for two decades. God forbid we actually get some closure on the most important character moment in series history.

3) All I ever want for the series is for characters to be written consistently. None of this psychotic and psycho in one issue, and completely normal the next, then a weeping idiot the next like every character has schizophrenia. I don't give two shits about "feats" or "power levels" or whatever BS. I just want the characters to be consistent. They haven't been consistent for 15-20 years, which is my primary complaint. Emma's just the leading example of this.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I might just be cynical, but this issue didn't really do anything for me. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop, this Age of Xavier or whatever to be over, and then see where the status quo is. I just have zero patience for constant "Age of Blank" stories. So this is just Emma being part of the World Council in Age of Apocalypse or Doom's lover in Old Man Logan. It's an interesting role that likely won't mean jack squat six months from now when Hickman jumps ship, and the next writer reboots everything.
    It is very clear that Hickman loves Emma (which is not a problem, I'm just jealous). Sure sooner or later, on a few months or a few years things will change but for now you can rest a little.
    He has treated her well and done a great job. He will be in charge for a few years.

This is 616. Also, if you think it like "this will only last until the next writer", why bother reading it? Enjoy the ride, Emma is shining.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is very clear that Hickman loves Emma (which is not a problem, I'm just jealous). Sure sooner or later, on a few months or a few years things will change but for now you can rest a little.
    He has treated her well and done a great job. He will be in charge for a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    This is 616. Also, if you think it like "this will only last until the next writer", why bother reading it? Enjoy the ride, Emma is shining.
    It's 616 until the next writer decides it isn't.

And while Emma is my favorite character, this stinks of Age of X-Man. It's hard to be happy for her to be queen of the dolls that Hickman moves from point to point to tell his story. Everyone is being written off, either subtlety or (in Jean's case) really horribly. So I don't want to celebrate her being a prominent character in a story that won't last. If it does last, I don't want to celebrate her being the best by virtue of Hickman gutting everyone else.

And while Emma is my favorite character, this stinks of Age of X-Man. It's hard to be happy for her to be queen of the dolls that Hickman moves from point to point to tell his story. Everyone is being written off, either subtlety or (in Jean's case) really horribly. So I don't want to celebrate her being a prominent character in a story that won't last. If it does last, I don't want to celebrate her being the best by virtue of Hickman gutting everyone else.
    That’s how series that no one really pays attention to works, not entire franchises moving in tandem with the wider Marvel Universe.

Emma is shining in this series. Shes probably the best written series and is one of the top featured characters. Emma's popularity among writers has really cemented her place as a pillar and key player in the franchise.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah, and I like that they showed Emma questioning Xavier and Magneto and doubting that this plan of theirs was going to work at all. I loved that Emma expressed some of the same concerns we readers have about what's happening. I loved that Emma is suspicious enough that she bargained for the right to choose one of the council members herself. Now we know Emma chose Kitty Pryde to be her Red Queen and take the 3rd council seat that was granted to the Hellfire Club, that shows Emma wants someone she trusts on both the Hellfire Club and on the ruling council too.

This paints Emma as a business woman and a politician and a hero. She is all three of those things and sometimes she walks a fine line, but in the end they even showed that she is doing this "For the Children" and that means something too.

If you were worried about Emma appearing like a villain I don't think you have to worry anymore. Xavier and Magneto don't even want Emma to do anything illegal they want her to run the legitimate legal trade for the island of Krakoa. They want Shaw to handle the black market operations. This tells me that Xavier and Magneto want to make sure that none of the illegal stuff comes back to Emma if possible and that it all sticks to Shaw instead.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Well, I don't know what to reply to that hahaha Hickman is going to last and this is now 616. I see no reason in not being happy now

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, and I like that they showed Emma questioning Xavier and Magneto and doubting that this plan of theirs was going to work at all. I loved that Emma expressed some of the same concerns we readers have about what's happening. I loved that Emma is suspicious enough that she bargained for the right to choose one of the council members herself. Now we know Emma chose Kitty Pryde to be her Red Queen and take the 3rd council seat that was granted to the Hellfire Club, that shows Emma wants someone she trusts on both the Hellfire Club and on the ruling council too.

This paints Emma as a business woman and a politician and a hero. She is all three of those things and sometimes she walks a fine line, but in the end they even showed that she is doing this "For the Children" and that means something too.

If you were worried about Emma appearing like a villain I don't think you have to worry anymore. Xavier and Magneto don't even want Emma to do anything illegal they want her to run the legitimate legal trade for the island of Krakoa. They want Shaw to handle the black market operations. This tells me that Xavier and Magneto want to make sure that none of the illegal stuff comes back to Emma if possible and that it all sticks to Shaw instead.
    I totally get why everyone is pumped. Emma was written well, and wasn't tying virgins to railroad tracks for a change.

I'm naturally pessimistic. I want to see why the characters are acting weird before getting pumped about the new status.

I totally get why everyone is pumped. Emma was written well, and wasn't tying virgins to railroad tracks for a change.

I'm naturally pessimistic. I want to see why the characters are acting weird before getting pumped about the new status.
    awe, you need a hug again!

We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

If anyone has scans of the Emma pages and/or the intro/extro quote pages I'd love a DM. Can't see the book for a bit.

BANNED

It's an interesting role that likely won't mean jack squat six months from now when Hickman jumps ship, and the next writer reboots everything.
    He's not leaving for years. This is the new status quo.

2) Maybe because the affair is the one moment X-fans remember from all of Morrison. It has shaped every perception of all three characters for two decades. God forbid we actually get some closure on the most important character moment in series history.
    Again: He's here for years. Maybe wait to see what happens with those characters as opposed to expecting them to unpack their almost 20 year old love triangle in the worldbuilding macro-focused miniseries?

Age of Blank
    Please stop trying to make this happen. It's not working.

I grew up watching the X-Men go to **** before my eyes in the 1990s, so I can understand skepticism. But trying to say 'well, it doesn't matter because eventually another writer will come along' is kind of the last resort of clinging to a need for negativity. It's also not being fair to either the present or an honest rendering of the nature of comic books, whether the past is good or bad. The fact is new writers and new regimes come and go and some add a lot to the mix and change things fundamentally. Not everything, and sometimes not forever, but some things just the same. Asking any one writer to shoulder the burden of every past run's mistakes or your resentments is not fair or logical. You can either engage with the new run or not, but you can't expect Jonathan Hickman or any other writer to do the impossible for you and make you forget every problem you've had with the X-books in the past. You can choose to either let live with what he's doing now, or disengage completely. But you can't honestly claim he is doing the same as Rosenberg or whoever else you dislike.