Page 243 of 301 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    He's not leaving for years. This is the new status quo.

Again: He's here for years. Maybe wait to see what happens with those characters as opposed to expecting them to unpack their almost 20 year old love triangle in the worldbuilding macro-focused miniseries?

Please stop trying to make this happen. It's not working.

I grew up watching the X-Men go to **** before my eyes in the 1990s, so I can understand skepticism. But trying to say 'well, it doesn't matter because eventually another writer will come along' is kind of the last resort of clinging to a need for negativity. It's also not being fair to either the present or an honest rendering of the nature of comic books, whether the past is good or bad. The fact is new writers and new regimes come and go and some add a lot to the mix and change things fundamentally. Not everything, and sometimes not forever, but some things just the same. Asking any one writer to shoulder the burden of every past run's mistakes or your resentments is not fair or logical. You can either engage with the new run or not, but you can't expect Jonathan Hickman or any other writer to do the impossible for you and make you forget every problem you've had with the X-books in the past. You can choose to either let live with what he's doing now, or disengage completely. But you can't claim he is doing the same as before.
    I thought things started to go down hill after the first Genosha story. I liked the outback years, Inferno, and then finally the Genosha story X-Tinction Agenda. I felt things kind of went back to generic action because of Rob Liefeld's bad influence on the X-Line.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Emma picking Kitty is kinda meh. Because Kitty is so meh.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Ha ha I am def also waiting for that shoe, but I'm thinking Frost will be in a good spot, now, if she's working with Kitty and only begrudgingly with Shaw. I love evil, long cigarette Emma more than the next person, but I'm not digging another villain run.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    If anyone has scans of the Emma pages and/or the intro/extro quote pages I'd love a DM. Can't see the book for a bit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I thought things started to go down hill after the first Genosha story. I liked the outback years, Inferno, and then finally the Genosha story X-Tinction Agenda. I felt things kind of went back to generic action because of Rob Liefeld's bad influence on the X-Line.
    It was pretty much a long slide down the instant Claremont left, AFAIC. The writing instantly devolved. Which is not to say his last few years were all genius, as you've noted, but they weren't Lobdell and Nicieza on the main books (Fabes had one skill, and it was entirely useful on X-Force, which I read most of his run on, and nowhere else)

I stayed in touch and read casually but outside of a handful of bright spots (Ellis, some of AoA, Waid's abortive run, maybe Loeb X-Force and some of PAD X-Factor) I disengaged more and more with every year until the millennium. Claremont's return was of course a hysterical mess, but it wasn't Lobdell. And then we got Morrison. Anyway, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Ha ha I am def also waiting for that shoe, but I'm thinking Frost will be in a good spot, now, if she's working with Kitty and only begrudgingly with Shaw. I love evil, long cigarette Emma more than the next person, but I'm not digging another villain run.

Do you have the rest of the scene?

Also, by intro/outro I mean the text with no art quotes that have been at the beginning and end of each issue.

Feel free to DM. Thank you!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

It was pretty much a long slide down the instant Claremont left, AFAIC. The writing instantly devolved. Which is not to say his last few years were all genius, as you've noted, but they weren't Lobdell and Nicieza on the main books (Fabes had one skill, and it was entirely useful on X-Force, which I read most of his run on, and nowhere else)

I stayed in touch and read casually but outside of a handful of bright spots (Ellis, some of AoA, Waid's abortive run, maybe Loeb X-Force and some of PAD X-Factor) I disengaged more and more with every year until the millennium. Claremont's return was of course a hysterical mess, but it wasn't Lobdell. And then we got Morrison. Anyway, YMMV.
    I mostly followed comics peripherally after 1995 I believe. I sold my collection around that time. It was after Rachel's last appearance in Excalibur, my favorite character written out completely and I just felt kind of down about the whole thing after she was gone. There were reasons of money too, but I just started losing interest in keeping up.

About 3 years ago I saw the Blue/Gold crossover with Rachel and it got me curious about what was happening with her lately so I subscribed to Marvel Unlimited and went through all of Rachel's story after Excalibur. Then I read Emma Frost after that, then Jean Grey. Now I just pick and choose various stories that have me curious. Marvel Unlimited is pretty great for accessing the back catalogue and catching up on stories I missed. There are a few gaps here and there but over all it's pretty good having access to all that.

I like reading some of the obscure stuff like Mekanix with Kitty and Xi'an. I wish they had all of the old Excalibur issues filled out, there is still a big chunk that is not in there yet.

BANNED

I would try Unlimited but IIRC it doesn't even allow for a trial.

I remember Mekanix being a debacle, but I was glad Shan got some face time even if I found Claremont doing yet another lesbian tease with Kitty to be tacky. Certainly the relationships with Illyana and Rachel have basis, but like, everyone she comes across? Chill, old man.

I would try Unlimited but IIRC it doesn't even allow for a trial.
    I just subscribed for a year. I use it often enough that it's good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I totally get why everyone is pumped. Emma was written well, and wasn't tying virgins to railroad tracks for a change.

I'm naturally pessimistic. I want to see why the characters are acting weird before getting pumped about the new status.
    Understood. But we can thankfully celebrate that the queen was written beautifully here. Finally!

My LCS store owner told me he was allowed to read Marauders 1 and 2 and he said as an Emma Frost fan you will be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    My LCS store owner told me he was allowed to read Marauders 1 and 2 and he said as an Emma Frost fan you will be pleased.
    #2 aint out until November. Its already printed and available in the LCS stock room 2 months out?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    #2 aint out until November. Its already printed and available in the LCS stock room 2 months out?
    Apparently so, but I don't think they have copies they were just allowed to read it

That's what they said about X-Men Black.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    That's what they said about X-Men Black.
    Duggan wrote Secret Wars and they have fill control over the narrative Leah didn't. She wasn't allowed to write her as a full hero.

Duggan wrote Secret Wars and they have fill control over the narrative Leah didn't. She wasn't allowed to write her as a full hero.
    ThE part about hero/villain didn't bother me with X-Men Black. It's the confirmation of that godawful retcon that paints Emma as some little girl plucked off the stripper pole and groomed by Shaw. So gross and retroactive to her White Queen history.