Page 247 of 301 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 4503

With how Marvel Studios operates, I could honestly see them leaning heavily on Whedon’s Astonishing run. The MCU has a bit of a recency bias like that.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    With how Marvel Studios operates, I could honestly see them leaning heavily on Whedon’s Astonishing run. The MCU has a bit of a recency bias like that.
    I just hope they don't keep Jean out of it. I hope they correct that old mistake and have Jean and Emma active on the team at the same time even if it's as rivals. There is no need to substitute one for the other and personally I think the whole thing is better having them both.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Duggan has cryptically liked some tweets about queer Kitty, I think there’s a tweet by him that cryptically responded to one.
    He was actually responding to a tweet I sent! (the links I included were to some essays on Kitty’s queerness)

52499D26-06F0-489C-B9AD-2E4C6EA9EC48.jpg

I didn’t draw attention to it at first because I felt like the way I framed it maybe guilted him into saying more than he otherwise would have wanted to, but since all the Red Queen news increases the likelihood that that’s all he meant (hey, she gets to wear red pirate clothes!) I figure it doesn’t matter so much. Who knows though; maybe it has something more than that!

At the very least he’s aware of those perspectives, so at a certain point keeping certain characters totally straight becomes an active choice on the part of the writers and editors, instead of just that they grew up reading through hetero-tinted glasses and plausibly could have never known other perspectives existed. I hope, with Hickman wanting to explore ‘mutant sexuality’ and with at least three queer writers on upcoming books, those conversations happen more and editorial starts to loosen the reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    He was actually responding to a tweet I sent! (the links I included were to some essays on Kitty’s queerness)

52499D26-06F0-489C-B9AD-2E4C6EA9EC48.jpg

I didn’t draw attention to it at first because I felt like the way I framed it maybe guilted him into saying more than he otherwise would have wanted to, but since all the Red Queen news increases the likelihood that that’s all he meant (hey, she gets to wear red pirate clothes!) I figure it doesn’t matter so much. Who knows though; maybe it has something more than that!

At the very least he’s aware of those perspectives, so at a certain point keeping certain characters totally straight becomes an active choice on the part of the writers and editors, instead of just that they grew up reading through hetero-tinted glasses and plausibly could have never known other perspectives existed. I hope, with Hickman wanting to explore ‘mutant sexuality’ and with at least three queer writers on upcoming books, those conversations happen more and editorial starts to loosen the reigns.
    They are definitely taking Kitty in a bit of a new direction, at least it seems that way. They are emphasizing Emma's positive qualities, particularly her love of her students, to show why she is supporting this endeavour in spite of being a bit skeptical.

I think we are going to be surprised at the direction for the whole team and what everyone's role on the team is. I do hope Kurt gets to join them at some point on missions, come on the poor guy dreams about being a pirate you have to let him join everyone on the ship for pirate shenanigans.

When Emma is on the ship she'll probably frown and side eye everyone if they get too into the pirate concept. I could see Emma saying something like, "Katherine, I didn't ask you to be Red Queen so you could play pirate games on the high seas!"

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    They are definitely taking Kitty in a bit of a new direction, at least it seems that way. They are emphasizing Emma's positive qualities, particularly her love of her students, to show why she is supporting this endeavour in spite of being a bit skeptical.

I think we are going to be surprised at the direction for the whole team and what everyone's role on the team is. I do hope Kurt gets to join them at some point on missions, come on the poor guy dreams about being a pirate you have to let him join everyone on the ship for pirate shenanigans.

When Emma is on the ship she'll probably frown and side eye everyone if they get too into the pirate concept. I could see Emma saying something like, "Katherine, I didn't ask you to be Red Queen so you could play pirate games on the high seas!"
    Didn’t Hickman say at the SDCC panel that Kurt has an important role to play, when an audience member asked where he is in DOX? There better be a good reason he’s not getting to play pirate, is all I’m saying!

Hmmm I’m picturing Emma being like Joan Crawford in Johnny Guitar if Johnny Guitar was an Errol Flynn swashbuckler instead of a western. (if no one else has seen Johnny Guitar... Joan Crawford is the lead/best part.)

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Didn’t Hickman say at the SDCC panel that Kurt has an important role to play, when an audience member asked where he is in DOX? There better be a good reason he’s not getting to play pirate, is all I’m saying!

Hmmm I’m picturing Emma being like Joan Crawford in Johnny Guitar if Johnny Guitar was an Errol Flynn swashbuckler instead of a western. (if no one else has seen Johnny Guitar... Joan Crawford is the lead/best part.)
    Kurts not in this book

BANNED

I think I’ve seen Lolli art with Kurt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Kurts not in this book
    I suppose we should really be talking Marauders stuff in the Marauders thread rather than Emma's thread. I just thought I would answer your comment. I know Kurt isn't on the book, and so does everyone else. What we are saying is that Kurt has always loved being a pirate, swashbuckler stories, and sword fighting. It's his favourite hobby and he loves it. We are just speculating that at some point he might join the Marauders for an adventure or two because the idea of being a real swashbuckling pirate will probably make Kurt's heart sing.

Also, Kurt is one of the X-Men that Emma likes the most, so there is a good chance they might end up doing something together as Quiet Council members. Marauders has 4 Quiet Council Members directly involved in it's stories, (Emma, Kitty, Storm, and Sebastian). I expect that it will cross over with the other council members at some point simply because this book is so heavily connected to the Quiet Council members as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I suppose we should really be talking Marauders stuff in the Marauders thread rather than Emma's thread. I just thought I would answer your comment. I know Kurt isn't on the book, and so does everyone else. What we are saying is that Kurt has always loved being a pirate, swashbuckler stories, and sword fighting. It's his favourite hobby and he loves it. We are just speculating that at some point he might join the Marauders for an adventure or two because the idea of being a real swashbuckling pirate will probably make Kurt's heart sing.

Also, Kurt is one of the X-Men that Emma likes the most, so there is a good chance they might end up doing something together as Quiet Council members. Marauders has 4 Quiet Council Members directly involved in it's stories, (Emma, Kitty, Storm, and Sebastian). I expect that it will cross over with the other council members at some point simply because this book is so heavily connected to the Quiet Council members as it is.
    To be honest i hope this is more One Piece and less Eroll Flynn.

In any case i was just saying i dont recall Hickman saying anything regarding anything because that's just not like him.

And just so people dont get their hopes up with rumours then turn around and say Hickman lied or whenever when he didn't.

The cast size here is perfect Kurt will probably be in the wave 2 books

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    To be honest i hope this is more One Piece and less Eroll Flynn.

In any case i was just saying i dont recall Hickman saying anything regarding anything because that's just not like him.

And just so people dont get their hopes up with rumours then turn around and say Hickman lied or whenever when he didn't.

The cast size here us perfect Kurt will probably be in the wave 2 books
    He implied Kurt has an important role to play, it probably means that Kurt is going to be Chairman of the Quiet Council or something along those lines and will be a recurring character in some of the books, but not a regular. At the very least he may appear in X-Men because that is a rotating team under Scott's leadership.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I might just be cynical, but this issue didn't really do anything for me. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop, this Age of Xavier or whatever to be over, and then see where the status quo is. I just have zero patience for constant "Age of Blank" stories. So this is just Emma being part of the World Council in Age of Apocalypse or Doom's lover in Old Man Logan. It's an interesting role that likely won't mean jack squat six months from now when Hickman jumps ship, and the next writer reboots everything.
    How on earth is House of X an alt dimension story?

Also, I'm assuming that you haven't read a single interview by Hickman or JDW in the last 6 months or so to come to such an off to mark conclusion?

Emma Concept for Marauder's
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I am glad we didn't get the 3rd / middle one.

But I only really like the one on the far right. Least from what I can see of it under the logo.

I hope we see all of them.