Page 254 of 301 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Why is Shaw part of the council? He is such a joke at this point. He was ousted from the HFC in the 90s by Emma, Magneto, and selene. Emma has destroyed him like 10 times.
    He still has connections, and it looks like he'll be the face/fall guy for the shadier parts of the Hellfire Trading Club.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Why is Shaw part of the council? He is such a joke at this point. He was ousted from the HFC in the 90s by Emma, Magneto, and selene. Emma has destroyed him like 10 times.
    He's Emma's main "rival" so he comes with the package if there's lots of focus on her and the HFC.

Plus, as noted, he may still have some good connections and his wealth may not hurt anything.

From this weeks X-Men Monday, Interview with Matteo Lolli
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...omic-con-2019/

AiPT!: Which of the Marauders characters are you having the most fun drawing?

Matteo: Emma Frost–I love her. I wanted to draw her since I started drawing for Marvel, so finally.

AiPT!: A few of your character designs were revealed in last week’s X-Men Monday. Do you enjoy designing the various looks for Emma and the other characters?

Matteo: I love it. One thing I wanted is, each time Emma appears, to give her a different look because I see her as a posh character–high-fashion, super-rich, super-intelligent. I received help from my wife who’s really into fashion, she likes her a lot. She said she is THE fashion woman, so I tried something different and started doing some tests. In the latest issue I’m drawing her, I give her another look that isn’t in the thing you’ve seen. Hopefully people will enjoy it. I feel like Emma is seen a bit too much as a super-sexy character, which she is, obviously, but I wanted to show she can be sexy and fashionable.

This is truly what Emma deserves, I love that he is planning on giving Emma a new outfit every issue. I've been wanting this for so long, I was so tired of her wearing the same pieces of clothing when she literally has shitloads of money
    Last edited by Diammandis; 10-07-2019 at 06:21 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

Matteo: Emma Frost–I love her. I wanted to draw her since I started drawing for Marvel, so finally.

AiPT!: A few of your character designs were revealed in last week’s X-Men Monday. Do you enjoy designing the various looks for Emma and the other characters?

Matteo: I love it. One thing I wanted is, each time Emma appears, to give her a different look because I see her as a posh character–high-fashion, super-rich, super-intelligent. I received help from my wife who’s really into fashion, she likes her a lot. She said she is THE fashion woman, so I tried something different and started doing some tests. In the latest issue I’m drawing her, I give her another look that isn’t in the thing you’ve seen. Hopefully people will enjoy it. I feel like Emma is seen a bit too much as a super-sexy character, which she is, obviously, but I wanted to show she can be sexy and fashionable.

This is truly what Emma deserves, I love that he is planning on giving Emma a new outfit every issue. I've been wanting this for so long, I was so tired of her wearing the same pieces of clothing when she literally has shitloads of money
    Given what Hickman's said about mutant fashion etc in prior interviews, I'd really like to see MOST of the X-Men cycling through their past and present costumes.
    But it makes the most sense for Emma especially to be changing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    So is this Christian as White Knight? That is promising if so....

Christian, huh? I never really expected to see him again after Sina Grace left, will be impressed if that's actually him.

Did he ever wear glasses?

The sentiment is great, hopefully the execution will be too!

I love that his wife is helping him pick out Emma's outfits for each issue, it really sounds like they are going to be presenting Emma as super posh and fashionable going forward.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I'm gonna be honest here and say that I was a little let down when we found out that Emma wasn't gonna be on the boat with the rest of the team, but with all the little bits of info. we have gotten I'm super excited again.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    I'm gonna be honest here and say that I was a little let down when we found out that Emma wasn't gonna be on the boat with the rest of the team, but with all the little bits of info. we have gotten I'm super excited again.
    I have a feeling she'll be on the boat occasionally, and I think she'll be leaving Krakoa a lot more often than we think since she is technically the Secretary of State for the nation of Krakoa. There's a good chance that the team will have to go with her to trade summits from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Yeah, that's something that concerns me as well. I don't see how she'll get good screen time in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Yeah, that's something that concerns me as well. I don't see how she'll get good screen time in the long run.
    Going by what was said about the book, it will hardly spend all of its time following what happens to the boat and crew.

So I would not worry on account of that. And who knows how long the book will last? Could well be replaced by something else later on.

==

Marauders will see Kitty Pryde and her crew working under the Hellfire Trading Company.
    White promises a lot of Emma Frost content in the book as well.

Hickman says "Marauders is the one playing the deepest into the mythology they built"

Extended cast includes Emma and Shaw. "Hyperviolent soap opera" is how Duggan describes Marauders. Also they are holding some things back for Marauders still

“Its a much bigger book than we’ve let on.” - @GerryDuggan on Marauders #NYCC19 #XMen

“If you want to know where the #XMen are going the next few years you need to read this book.” - @JHickman on Marauders. #NYCC19

I'm pretty sure the first arc will have two storyline, one on the boat one on the Hellfire Club. Maybe later they'll converge.

What do you guys think of Christian Frost on the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm pretty sure the first arc will have two storyline, one on the boat one on the Hellfire Club. Maybe later they'll converge.

What do you guys think of Christian Frost on the book?
    I love it, I hope Christian and Bobby start dating. Plus I want to see how Emma feels when she finds out Christian is dating Bobby. I am sure she will be ok with it, but I bet she gives Bobby "the talk", if you hurt my brother there is no place on Earth you can hide from me!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I love it, I hope Christian and Bobby start dating. Plus I want to see how Emma feels when she finds out Christian is dating Bobby. I am sure she will be ok with it, but I bet she gives Bobby "the talk", if you hurt my brother there is no place on Earth you can hide from me!
    But I have a doubt.. Is that guy on the cover confirmed to be Christian? Because from the tweet it did not look like confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    But I have a doubt.. Is that guy on the cover confirmed to be Christian? Because from the tweet it did not look like confirmation.
    It's just speculation. It could be Pyro in a bathrobe after him and Bobby hooked up. It could be Christian and Bobby taking a pleasure trip together. It could be lots of things. It's going to be fun either way, so I am looking forward to it.