Page 256 of 301 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 4503

I'm really looking forward to a Hellion reunion. Or, better, all her students being resurrected and she reuniting with them.

This scene is so powerful, they could have one with a similar impact should they meet on page again.
    FB_IMG_1570705282993.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think they don't know who she is going to pick as Red King/Queen.

I am starting to think that Emma has some doubts about Charles and Erik and that she ends up picking Kate because Kate is a skeptic like herself. Emma knows that Kate always questions authority so she is a good person to bring on the council if you have doubts about others on the council. Emma also knows she can trust that Kate will be open and honest about her feelings about Emma herself, she doesn't have to worry about Kate backstabbing her, Kate would just barge into Emma's office and yell at her for an hour or so.

I think Moira, Charles, and Erik are not sure who she is going to pick and they are worried that the person Emma picks is someone that is not going to be easy to control.
    But why would Xavier, Magneto and Moira care about Emma's pick for the third seat? Its only one seat and even if Shaw and Kate vote in lock step with Emma (not guaranteed) its still 3 against 9. I still believe that this council is a sham, just a way for Charles and Erik to keep the others occupied or distracted from what's truly going on. Let them believe that they have a voice or power in guiding the direction of Krakoa. When in reality its Xavier, Mags and Moira who holds the real power and know the truth. Council seats are ultimately meaningless in the grand scheme of things; Charles, Mags and Moira have bigger things to concern themselves with. And if any other council member were to be brought into the fold it would most likely be Apocalypse. Not Emma or Storm or even Jean. And if Mystique proves to be a problem (the Destiny resurrection thing) she may just have to be gotten rid of. Charles, Mags and Moira have set themselves upon a course of action, they are fully committed and I don't think they are going to let anything or anyone stop them. Let the other council members play at governance, let them jockey for influence and power. Emma appointing Kate as the Red King on the council matters not to the big 3, they are playing the long game on a much higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    But why would Xavier, Magneto and Moira care about Emma's pick for the third seat? Its only one seat and even if Shaw and Kate vote in lock step with Emma (not guaranteed) its still 3 against 9. I still believe that this council is a sham, just a way for Charles and Erik to keep the others occupied or distracted from what's truly going on. Let them believe that they have a voice or power in guiding the direction of Krakoa. When in reality its Xavier, Mags and Moira who holds the real power and know the truth. Council seats are ultimately meaningless in the grand scheme of things; Charles, Mags and Moira have bigger things to concern themselves with. And if any other council member were to be brought into the fold it would most likely be Apocalypse. Not Emma or Storm or even Jean. And if Mystique proves to be a problem (the Destiny resurrection thing) she may just have to be gotten rid of. Charles, Mags and Moira have set themselves upon a course of action, they are fully committed and I don't think they are going to let anything or anyone stop them. Let the other council members play at governance, let them jockey for influence and power. Emma appointing Kate as the Red King on the council matters not to the big 3, they are playing the long game on a much higher level.
    I think it's because they need the unanimity for bigger matters (like for Sabretooth)? Or maybe they can't proceed if an entire Season disagrees with them. There must be some kind of rule like that. So someone holding 3 votes against them is actually powerful. And Emma holds control of the drugs trade, so that could definitely matter to the big 3.

Also, Xavier, Magneto and Moira aren't going to accomplish much working alone. I think the whole point was for mutants to be united this lifetime (and the results can be witnessed by stuff like Resurrection), so having the whole Hellfire Club and their influence against them isn't going to help (the Hellfire Club even had a role in the building of Sentinels in the past...).

Mystique is a complicated matter. I would have never put her on that seat, because she only cares about herself at the end of the day, while all of the others (maybe except for Sinister) still follow a cause that is - for now - adherent to the big plan about mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    It depends if you think Emma's plan is selfish or altruistic.

You talk about the council being a sham, and Emma expressed a concern about this council being permanent which means she leans toward a democratically elected government or a rotating government. I think you hit the nail on the head that Charles, Erik, and Moira kind of see the council as a sham, whereas Emma has a desire to keep it fair and balanced. So Emma brings in a strong voice who will advocate very strongly for a fair council. Emma was making sure she could put someone on the council whose actions she can understand and respect. Emma knows that she and Katherine are not always going to get along, but Katherine is straightforward and truthful and she is a voice to help Emma balance out Shaw's influence on the council and to try and keep the council and the Hellfire Club on the up and up.

I think you might be reading the threat Emma poses incorrectly, it's not that she will want to have power and influence for herself, it's that she has a vision for Krakoa too and she wants it to be a successful country. Emma's concern is probably that in order for Krakoa to be successful then power cannot be allowed to consolidate with Charles and Erik and it needs to get spread out among multiple people.

I bet when they vote for who the chairman is, I bet Emma either nominates or votes in favour of someone like Kurt to be chairman of the council. Emma's worry is that Erik and Charles' egos will mess this up, I bet she has some of the same worries that Moira has, it's just that Moira sees Emma as a threat to her own control over Krakoa because right now Moira has massive influence of Erik and Charles even if they don't always agree with her.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It depends if you think Emma's plan is selfish or altruistic.

You talk about the council being a sham, and Emma expressed a concern about this council being permanent which means she leans toward a democratically elected government or a rotating government. I think you hit the nail on the head that Charles, Erik, and Moira kind of see the council as a sham, whereas Emma has a desire to keep it fair and balanced. So Emma brings in a strong voice who will advocate very strongly for a fair council. Emma was making sure she could put someone on the council whose actions she can understand and respect. Emma knows that she and Katherine are not always going to get along, but Katherine is straightforward and truthful and she is a voice to help Emma balance out Shaw's influence on the council and to try and keep the council and the Hellfire Club on the up and up.

I think you might be reading the threat Emma poses incorrectly, it's not that she will want to have power and influence for herself, it's that she has a vision for Krakoa too and she wants it to be a successful country. Emma's concern is probably that in order for Krakoa to be successful then power cannot be allowed to consolidate with Charles and Erik and it needs to get spread out among multiple people.

I bet when they vote for who the chairman is, I bet Emma either nominates or votes in favour of someone like Kurt to be chairman of the council. Emma's worry is that Erik and Charles' egos will mess this up, I bet she has some of the same worries that Moira has, it's just that Moira sees Emma as a threat to her own control over Krakoa because right now Moira has massive influence of Erik and Charles even if they don't always agree with her.
    Xavier and Magneto see things at a macro level, they see the bigger picture and all their actions are geared towards mutantkind's survival. Emma also wants that but she and the other members see things on micro level, only in the present. She as no idea or concept of what mutants truly face, no one does outside the triumvirate. I think Xavier and Magneto created this council for their own benefit, they were not obligated to do so, no one was calling for its creation. They see it as help rather than a hindrance. It keeps the other major players occupied, it stops them from asking questions. Krakoa is the culmination of Moira, Charles and Erik's hard and desperate work. No one is as invested in its survival as they are because on one else knows the truth. I don't think they will let anyone undermine their goals, so they have no problem letting Emma have a third seat or letting her oversee the drug shipments or even letting her act as an ambassador. But if they think for a minute that she poses a threat or problem for them then all bets are off. Moira is practically halfway there already.

So who do we think is correct, Moira or Xavier/Magneto? Is Emma up to something that could risk what those three are doing, or is she just up to something to put her ahead of the council?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

But while Xavier. Magneto and Moira look to the Macro vision, "what mutants truly face"...someone has to be overseer of the Micro vision. How the decisions that are made by the Council will affect the daily lives of all Krakoans living in the here and now.
    Emma is absolutely the right person to fulfill that role.
    With Kate on her side, and Storm (as team member in Marauders) she does have influence within two Seasons of the Council.
    Any undermining will definitely (most likely) come from the likes of Sinister and Mystique...not Emma, as she made her position quite clear when she said: "For the Children."
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Will Kitty finally confess her love for Emma?
    Poor Rachel, her daddy and now the love of her life falling for Emma.

Please they need to Rachel to the book so I can have my laughs lol. I love Emma

I think we're taking Moira's words to literally.

Emma always has some cards under her sleeve, true, but I don't think it's that she's planning something now just that she's... resourceful, and we know she's always up to something or at least planning a couple steps ahead.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    But while Xavier. Magneto and Moira look to the Macro vision, "what mutants truly face"...someone has to be overseer of the Micro vision. How the decisions that are made by the Council will affect the daily lives of all Krakoans living in the here and now.
    Emma is absolutely the right person to fulfill that role.
    With Kate on her side, and Storm (as team member in Marauders) she does have influence within two Seasons of the Council.
    Any undermining will definitely (most likely) come from the likes of Sinister and Mystique...not Emma, as she made her position quite clear when she said: "For the Children."
    Yeah, I think Emma is actually happy with what she has already. She wants Krakoa to be successful and she wants everyone to be safe. She will definitely disagree if Erik tries to make too many aggressive moves against the humans because I think Emma is the type who would want to avoid a war at all costs and negotiate for peace. Emma has concerns about including Shaw in this, but Erik and Charles wanted Shaw, so Emma asked them for a 3rd seat so that she could balance out Shaw's influence. It's no wonder Emma picks Kate, she picks someone she thinks is the polar opposite of Sebastian Shaw.

Personally I don't think Emma has any plan to undermine this, I think she wants it to be successful and she is probably more concerned with Erik and Charles keeping secrets from everyone about their true intentions. There is a reason she wanted the 3rd seat and a reason she picks Kate Pryde to sit in that seat. It could just be to counter Shaw, but I wonder if picking Kate is also to help keep the council itself honest.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Exactatiously.

She (Emma) is the one who is possibly more "concerned" with what the Big-Three have planning and is devising a possible counter-measure(s) by having Kate Pryde on her seat. It's definitely a maneuvre someone with her position and experience will make.
    Moira is just being skeptical because Emma's is keeping things very close to her corset...as she rightly should.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    I think we're taking Moira's words to literally.

Emma always has some cards under her sleeve, true, but I don't think it's that she's planning something now just that she's... resourceful, and we know she's always up to something or at least planning a couple steps ahead.
    Basically. All it amounts to is that Moira doesn't really trust Emma, which like ... fair enough. Hickman seems to be interested in making Emma into a player that will impact his story in some way, so I'm sure that'll eventually amount to something or other. But I wouldn't put any bets down that it'll be something beyond her ensuring that she has some kind of protection when the humans come calling.

Fun interview with Duggan about Marauders and some talky talk about Miss Frost. https://www.newsarama.com/47369-mara...t-grudges.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously.

She (Emma) is the one who is possibly more "concerned" with what the Big-Three have planning and is devising a possible counter-measure(s) by having Kate Pryde on her seat. It's definitely a maneuvre someone with her position and experience will make.
    Moira is just being skeptical because Emma's is keeping things very close to her corset...as she rightly should.
    Well Emma doesn't know about Moira's involvement in Krakoa, no one does. And I keep asking myself what does Kate bring to the table, how does Emma naming her Red King affect anything that Xavier and Magneto are doing? She is just one vote and there is no guarantee that she will vote with Emma in a council dispute. Emma can be as skeptical as she wants about Charles and Erik but as the founders/creators of the nation of Krakoa they hold the true power. Emma's position on Krakoa is not as secure as it may seem, another mutant could assume her role; maybe even Shaw himself or Shan or Warren or any number of them. On the political side Ororo or Jean could take over. No one save the big 3 and possibly Doug are indispensable to Krakoa. Yes currently Emma plays an important role in Krakoa's dealings but she is not as vital as she thinks. Xavier, Magneto and Moira created Krakoa without her, they brought her into the fold to serve a function like they did with the others. If they decide that she is more hindrance than help she could be in trouble. Mags would have no issue removing her and Moira already has misgivings. And as ruthless as Moira has become I don't think she would think twice about getting rid of Emma if she thought it best. Emma has no idea that Moira is alive and involved with Krakoa and how can one prepare for a potential enemy that they don't even know exists. So long as Emma plays ball and doesn't rock the boat all is good, she starts causing trouble then all bets are off. And having Kate as Red King will not matter at all.

Well...to answer your self-directed questions...How about you read the book when it actually comes out?

If no one else but the Big-3 knows what the future(s) hold then everyone else will be operating on a day-by-day basis, focusing on the here and now. That's all they can do. They're obviously not going to obsess over something about which they know absolutely nothing...so...

And how do you know Emma's not as "vital" as she thinks she is? Are you Duggan? Have you read the first arc? Are you from the future?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-10-2019 at 02:05 PM.