Page 266 of 301 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 4503

Emma and Storm have a long complicated history and their most recent run ins have not been good. I think Storm is still upset about IvX and Emma playing her for a fool so I can see why she wont give Emma any rope to play her again

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The dynamic between these two has ALWAYS fascinated me, aaaaaaaaaaaall the way back from their first encounters and more so in conjunction with the more and more we learn about Emma in later years -- her temperament, her shattered idealism, her brutal heart, etc etc.
    I've always wondered if Emma saw in Kate, the girl she used to be, and in that same vein Jean is the girl Emma could have become, and that's part of why those 3 are often at odds. This mirroring, this reflection of what could have been or what was and the emotional gravity it all.

Sara Bareilles "She Used to be Mine" lyrics are popping in my head now.
    This is a wonderful post. I love this.
    Kate represents who Emma was when she was young in High School and her first year of college.
    Jean represents who Emma could have been if she had the same love and support that Jean had.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

I came across this article:

http://pixelvulture.com/2019/08/richest-superheroes/

It lists the five richest super heroes. And Emma is on it. Her net worth is 1-3 billion dollars. I knew she was wealthy but I had no idea that she was that loaded. It really makes me glad as a corporate mutant and a long time SH. Emma is my 2nd favourite SH right behind Batman (also on the list) . Calling them the male/female of each other would be a bit much. But they do seem to have the same mindset, and outlook towards the world and attitude towards themselves and life. I have a sketch of Emma over my desk at home and work. It's my vision board.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    The conversation between Mama and Kate today proved something I always believe about Emma/Mama. If Mama truly respect or admires you as a person the bitchy White Queen persona of her fades and she talk to you like any good friend would talk. The White Queen only appears if she doesn't like you or she's in business mode. Otherwise Mama is pretty damn chill
    Yeah. I'd also like to add that she just not into you and she wants to make you back off.

Emma never struck me as being mean just for the sake of it. I hated authors who did the mean girl thing. It was just lazy writing and definitely not her. Being a cow (British slang for an unpleasant person) diminishes you more than the other pers.
    Last edited by Mia; 10-24-2019 at 10:42 AM.

BANNED

I wonder how Emma would feel about Iceman hooking up with and/or dating her brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post

It lists the five richest super heroes. And Emma is on it. Her net worth is 1-3 billion dollars. I knew she was wealthy but I had no idea that she was that loaded. It really makes me glad as a corporate mutant and a long time SH. Emma is my 2nd favourite SH right behind Batman (also on the list) . Calling them the male/female of each other would be a bit much. But they do seem to have the same mindset, and outlook towards the world and attitude towards themselves and life. I have a sketch of Emma over my desk at home and work. It's my vision board.
    Those lists are garbage, the numbers are just pulled out of thin air or copied from other sites that made similar lists first.

The original sources (the comics) usually do not specify the net worth of a character, at least not that I've noticed.

But sure, she's one of the characters known for being rich, so there's that at least in favor of the article.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    This is a wonderful post. I love this.
    Kate represents who Emma was when she was young in High School and her first year of college.
    Jean represents who Emma could have been if she had the same love and support that Jean had.
    Precisely.
    And thank you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I wonder how Emma would feel about Iceman hooking up with and/or dating her brother.
    Iceman helped rescue Christian, so it wouldn't be surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post

Yeah. I'd also like to add that she just not into you and she wants to make you back off.

Emma never struck me as being mean just for the sake of it. I hated authors who did the mean girl thing. It was just lazy writing and definitely not her. Being a cow (British slang for an unpleasant person) diminishes you more than the other pers.
    She isn't mean for the sake of it, she's mean because she doesn't trust any living person around her and maintains a cold exterior to avoid being hurt.

Screw Kitty. Its all about Emma and Illyana

this is going to be sickening
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

I’m so ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    this is going to be sickening
    Good or bad? I feel like there's going to be no middle ground here.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Forum's gonna be a crapshow in February.
    "Cable was right!"

its going to be interesting to see how they work together, and see if they are able to put aside their differences to save their new "home". Im quite excited cause if done right we could possibly see a much better relationship form between Emma and the rest of the X-women
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    its going to be interesting to see how they work together, and see if they are able to put aside their differences to save their new "home". Im quite excited cause if done right we could possibly see a much better relationship form between Emma and the rest of the X-women
    I feel like they already did as seen in HoX