Page 274 of 301 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 4503

I do not like Scott's treatment of Emma. I sincerely think Emma needs a better love interest.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Emma/Banshee 2020, make it happen Marvel.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

In addition to UXM/NM villain...this (Gen-X) is the Emma I know and appreciate and love. Then came Morisson Emma...and I loved her too, very much.
    Then...ugh!
    And now I have HiX-Man/Marauders Emma...and all is right an beauty-full in my world, once more.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Scott's overall treatment of Emma is very good, considering some of the stuff she pulled...when not written by Rosenberg, of course. But like I said at the time, that entire run was designed to be a big fuck you to anyone that liked Scott and Emma's characters and relationship in the 21st century, designed as one last attempt to make readers buy into the whole Scott WAS EVIL AND WRONG in Schism and AvX thing, since they knew Hickman not only was very much a Cyclops is right guy, but is doing Utopia on steroids now.

Now, they are all poly and happy and everything is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Scott's overall treatment of Emma is very good, considering some of the stuff she pulled...when not written by Rosenberg, of course. But like I said at the time, that entire run was designed to be a big fuck you to anyone that liked Scott and Emma's characters and relationship in the 21st century, designed as one last attempt to make readers buy into the whole Scott WAS EVIL AND WRONG in Schism and AvX thing, since they knew Hickman not only was very much a Cyclops is right guy, but is doing Utopia on steroids now.

What did she pull?

Scott's treatment of Emma wasn't bad, but I'm hesitant for them to be together, considering they ended up timing Emma's "redemption" with Scott's return. Garbage writing/editing really needs to be undone by Hickman, not just ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    What did she pull?
    Hiding her participation in the Cabal, including having there an ex that was actively trying to sleep with her (and while there is a paralallel with X-force, Scott was the leader of the X-men and was his call to make; also, no one there was trying to seduce him); firing Dani after M-Day without informing him; using Scott's image without his consent against the Inhumans and tarnishing it, etc. Not that Emma wasn't great for Scott overall, but some fans treat her as the perfect girlfriend.

Don't forget that time she forced all the remaining powered students to have a battle royale to determine who would be on her special squad. Also that time she jumpscared everyone with a fakeout Sentinel during her trust speech.

BANNED

Hiding her participation in the Cabal, including having there an ex that was actively trying to sleep with her (and while there is a paralallel with X-force, Scott was the leader of the X-men and was his call to make; also, no one there was trying to seduce him); firing Dani after M-Day without informing him; using Scott's image without his consent against the Inhumans and tarnishing it, etc. Not that Emma wasn't great for Scott overall, but some fans treat her as the perfect girlfriend.
    The double standard for Scott is particularly glaring. She was his partner professionally as well, and it’s not like he was legally obligated to keep it secret, so his choice to withhold X-Force isn’t some how more righteous. That’s just giving him a pass for being a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    The double standard for Scott is particularly glaring. She was his partner professionally as well, and it’s not like he was legally obligated to keep it secret, so his choice to withhold X-Force isn’t some how more righteous. That’s just giving him a pass for being a dude.
    I was about to post this about X-Force. He was just as shady as she was during that time. Namor... She did nothing while she was with him when not under the Phoenix influence.

Using his image... I can see Scott being happy about it hahahha he even asked her not to have it end like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I was about to post this about X-Force. He was just as shady as she was during that time. Namor... She did nothing while she was with him when not under the Phoenix influence.

Using his image... I can see Scott being happy about it hahahha he even asked her not to have it end like that.
    Yeah, I don't think he could really blame her for positioning him as the hero saving mutants from extinction when no one else cared, and having those same people somehow turn around and think he's the one committing war crimes. But this is Marvel, so he probably does.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Honestly they both had their problems. I'm not sure one comes off particularly better looking from anything.

Although to Marvel it didn't matter. Both were deemed as villains for a short time. At least that's over.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Don't forget that time she forced all the remaining powered students to have a battle royale to determine who would be on her special squad. Also that time she jumpscared everyone with a fakeout Sentinel during her trust speech.
    The fakeout was a teaching plan that worked: she wanted to see which students would cower in a situation like that, and which wanted to fight, and the latter would be used as X-Men in training.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    No, it's giving him a pass for being the leader of the X-men.