Page 300 of 301 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301 LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 4503
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

How old was Emma when she made her school?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Sliding timeline's made it murky. She used to be closer to in terms of years to Sean, and spoke to Charles and Erik like an age-peer. Then she became the same age as Scott and the O5, which would now mean she opened her original school as an early-mid twenty-something.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

I dont recognize the Emma that is in Maraurders. Her personality is just off and Duggan has molded it so it can fit this mother/daughter relationship he wants for she and Kitty that doesnt fit their history. His Emma is too saccharine compared to how she is typically portrayed. She tends to be cold and distant except to a very select few (most notably Scott), so to see her be so warm, sweet and open with Kitty of all people (and for Kitty recieve it), does not ring true. Untrusting frenemies would have worked better than surrogate mother/daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont recognize the Emma that is in Maraurders. Her personality is just off and Duggan has molded it so it can fit this mother/daughter relationship he wants for she and Kitty that doesnt fit their history. His Emma is too saccharine compared to how she is typically portrayed. She tends to be cold and distant except to a very select few (most notably Scott), so to see her be so warm, sweet and open with Kitty of all people (and for Kitty recieve it), does not ring true. Untrusting frenemies would have worked better than surrogate mother/daughter
    I don't know, I think Emma is being selective in some ways, she still is very particular about who she allows herself to be close to, just in this case she decided to bring Kate into the fold. I feel like this is full circle for them, Emma always wanted Kate to "choose" her and now she has, so Emma is happy that she finally has Kate in her "family". She'll still cut Sebastian Shaw and her enemies down with razor blades, she just likes to protect the select few people she sees as family!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Untrusting frenemies would have worked better than surrogate mother/daughter
    Yeah, I think it is more fun when they can be rude with each other rather than hugging. Emma should be hugging the Cuckoos not Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah, I think it is more fun when they can be rude with each other rather than hugging. Emma should be hugging the Cuckoos not Kitty.
    I do agree with you on that part, I hope that Emma and the Cuckoos get to have some more upcoming scenes together. It's almost like how much Rachel and Jean need to have a serious on panel conversation, Emma, Esme, and Sophie definitely need to have a conversation, and Emma needs to restore her connection to Celeste, Irma, and Phoebe!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I don't know, I think Emma is being selective in some ways, she still is very particular about who she allows herself to be close to, just in this case she decided to bring Kate into the fold. I feel like this is full circle for them, Emma always wanted Kate to "choose" her and now she has, so Emma is happy that she finally has Kate in her "family". She'll still cut Sebastian Shaw and her enemies down with razor blades, she just likes to protect the select few people she sees as family!
    thats the thing, there hasnt been any chracter development between the two in years to show how they'd have logically become family. I feel like if this is where Duggan wanted to go, he should have worked towards it instead of having things be the way they are from the start. I dont think theres even been any indication that they've been bonding off panel in the time between Age of X-man and Maraurders.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

It's SUPPOSED to be in those backstory reunions that were supposed to have happened before united mutantkind began executing Plan Krakoa in HoxPox. We'll never see it because the story of the NOW and the TOMORROW is all that matters.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

thats the thing, there hasnt been any chracter development between the two in years to show how they'd have logically become family. I feel like if this is where Duggan wanted to go, he should have worked towards it instead of having things be the way they are from the start. I dont think theres even been any indication that they've been bonding off panel in the time between Age of X-man and Maraurders.
    They are taking advantage of the 6 to 8 month gap between Uncanny ending and HoX. It was implied in Marauders #1 that Kate and Emma have been having several telepathic conversations for a while, perhaps the entire time Kate was making her way to Krakoa. I think Emma decided after Uncanny that she can't try to stand by herself anymore she needs allies and Kate is one of the few people she actually trusts and likes. For all of Emma's sarcasm toward Kate, Kate in the past is also one of the few people that Emma trusts as much as she used to trust Scott. She has told Kate things that she hasn't told anyone else.

It depends on how you want to look at it. Emma was captured by the O.N.E., saw former students turned into Hybrid Sentinels, tortured for several weeks until she broke, had a bomb put in her head, convinced that all the X-Men were dead and that she was on her own with no help or succor from anyone, created a drastic plan to try and save the few mutants who were left behind during the Age of X-Man, and even succeeded in her plan to save mutants.

That has an impact on a person, that's a lot of tragedy she went through in a short period of time, and I think that can really drive someone to seek out allies that can be trusted. I think Emma desperately wanted one of the X-women to join her inner circle, either Storm, Jean, Betsy, or Kate. I also think if Storm had said yes, Emma would have still tried to bring Kate in as White Bishop or White Rook, because Emma is trying to build an alliance of allies she trusts, people she trusts far more than Eric and Charles.

He didn’t bother to show the development to the relationship they have now, instead he just jumped to it and we’re all supposed to believe Emma just loves Kitty now—it’s jarring. Really dumb and I dislike it greatly. She’s better off in X-Men than in Marauders. He writes her like a caricature of herself.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    He didn’t bother to show the development to the relationship they have now, instead he just jumped to it and we’re all supposed to believe Emma just loves Kitty now—it’s jarring. Really dumb and I dislike it greatly. She’s better off in X-Men than in Marauders. He writes her like a caricature of herself.
    yeah I have had issues with Hickman's characterization but he writes a much better Emma

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Emma wept when Kitty dissappeared in the bullet. Those are her true feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Emma wept when Kitty dissappeared in the bullet. Those are her true feelings.
    This is what I meant. Kate and Emma have had a lot of interactions from Joss's Astonishing run onward where they were shown to be growing closer. Emma went crazy after Scott and the children died on Muir Island, but she eventually recovered and worked to repair some of the damage that she had done. I think they are showing that Emma worked really hard to repair that damage with Kate because Kate is important to her.

Astonishing Member

I agree
    I also always saw Emma as those women that get along better with men than with women, because she is so competitive with women.