Page 43 of 301 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I really wish they'd do a Gen X reunion story whether its a oneshot or mini. Maybe even an annual. Put Emma with Banshee, Skin, Jubilee, Monet, Chamber and heck even Artie and Leech
    Makes me wish even more that this X-Team got to happen.
    Dt2S63CU4AAKwuo.jpg
    Ya got Emma, Chamber, and Monet back together. Replace Armor with Jubilee, replace Mystique with Husk, make Monet smaller so she's not the same size as Creed & Bishop, lol, and it's golden in more ways than one. Heaven knows, Monet & Emma could have a Hell of a reunion.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-11-2019 at 12:56 PM.

I am more and more convinced with today's image that they're gonna have Emma be stupidly evil for Uncanny, and then maybe go turncoat at the very end. Basically a run back of the Mothervine arc of Blue. So I'm probably not going to buy anything other than the JJ Trade for a while.

I forgot he was alive
    LOL...so embarassed. I was thinking Husk and was thinking about her powers more than codename

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    But that would require that they admit (indirectly) that they whole argument of IvX and after was fundamentally wrong.
    I dont see what IvX has to do with anything

LOL...so embarassed. I was thinking Husk and was thinking about her powers more than codename

IvX's whole argument was that Emma was always stupidly evil and just being held in check by Scott's dick.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    IvX's whole argument was that Emma was always stupidly evil and just being held in check by Scott's dick.
    I dont see why that has to be acknowledged at all for Gen X to get a reunion.

I dont see why that has to be acknowledged at all for Gen X to get a reunion.
    Because Gen X shows when she was a good teacher and a decent person genuinely helping students because she wanted to, and wasn't just there for the sake of Scott's dick.

I am more and more convinced with today's image that they're gonna have Emma be stupidly evil for Uncanny, and then maybe go turncoat at the very end. Basically a run back of the Mothervine arc of Blue. So I'm probably not going to buy anything other than the JJ Trade for a while.
    I something in the art thread that some people are think that Emma isn't herself in this arc (the Mystique and Miss Sinister vibes in the covers). I don't know how'd I'd feel about that. It would be throwing Emma under the bus again, but would it be worth it to get her back to where she belongs? Also, that's where I am at. Not buying a thing until I hear how it is. They don't have a track record support.

One of the common things with IvX was it felt like they were saying that without Scott, Emma wasn't a hero. It was a big point people kept bringing up. But Gen X directly refutes that.
    Last edited by RAWRlrus; 03-11-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

One of the common things with IvX was it felt like they were saying that without Scott, Emma wasn't a hero. It was a big point people kept bringing up. But Gen X directly refutes that.
    Were she & Banshee an item there? If so,never underestimate Marvel's ability to screw some characters.If she was romantically with Sean, they'll turn it around & say he was the one who reigned her in for a bit. lol It'd be a retcon that makes no sense, but JDW has outright stated over a year ago that some stuff gets sacrificed for the sake of a good story.

Sadly, even as fans, we gotta be careful on what we wish for. Because even if it's good stuff, Marvel will find a way to screw up the execution. So even if we get a proper GenX reunion, that just opens the doors for a writer to start retconning stuff & screw something up. Since nobody does research.

I read one early 2000 issue of New X-Men with Monet in it. The team suggests using their school code-names, and Monet says she;ll stick with her real name because she got bullied in school. When the hell did that happen?

Same here. I hope we turn out to be wrong, but I have zero hope that this will be the case
    Last edited by AnaFrost01; 03-11-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Because Gen X shows when she was a good teacher and a decent person genuinely helping students because she wanted to, and wasn't just there for the sake of Scott's dick.
    My point is who cares about IvX? Its been two years and there is no reason to reference what that story did for Emma in a Gen X story. Its best ignored as it doesnt add anything

I
    And IvX refutes alot of things. Its best to leave that where it is. IVX does not need to be brought up for Gen X to reunite.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Were she & Banshee an item there? If so,never underestimate Marvel's ability to screw some characters.If she was romantically with Sean, they'll turn it around & say he was the one who reigned her in for a bit. lol It'd be a retcon that makes no sense, but JDW has outright stated over a year ago that some stuff gets sacrificed for the sake of a good story.

Sadly, even as fans, we gotta be careful on what we wish for. Because even if it's good stuff, Marvel will find a way to screw up the execution. So even if we get a proper GenX reunion, that just opens the doors for a writer to start retconning stuff & screw something up. Since nobody does research.

I read one early 2000 issue of New X-Men with Monet in it. The team suggests using their school code-names, and Monet says she;ll stick with her real name because she got bullied in school. When the hell did that happen?
    I don't think they were an item. People shipped them because they worked well together.
    And with how the X-books have been of late, they're sacrificing the good for the story.

Hmm, there was a lot of sexual tension (imo) between Emma and Sean, but they were never an item, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Hmm, there was a lot of sexual tension (imo) between Emma and Sean, but they were never an item, as far as I know.
    Nope. He was faithful to Moira during that entire run

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

Well he kinda did. Banshee was there to act as a counter balance to Emma which is why Xavier felt comfortable moving his school over to Massachussets. The two did clash at times. No romance though, just different perspective on things

fyi this was my first issue of Gen X

Last edited by Havok83; 03-11-2019 at 01:27 PM.

My point is who cares about IvX? Its been two years and there is no reason to reference what that story did for Emma in a Gen X story. Its best ignored as it doesnt add anything

And IvX refutes alot of things. Its best to leave that where it is. IVX does not need to be brought up for Gen X to reunite.
    Because Emma is the only character IvX stills gets brought up about by the editorial board. Any Gen X book would have to go through them, and they would use it against her.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaFrost01 View Post
    Same here. I hope we turn out to be wrong, but I have zero hope that this will be the case
    Is going to be Miss Sinister at the end with the real Black King saving the day. One could dream right?