Page 46 of 301 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

It's yet to be seen if whatever JDW says or has said will actually translate to anything in the comics. It's not as if he's going to give away the plot in advance on twitter.

He's also not writing the books as far as I know and comes across as the type that likes to poke fun at these things.

When did he last say anything objectionable btw? I did not see anything offensive in this weeks session at least.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Which all lends credence to my "evilly evil evil until she betrays the others to try and get back with Scott" storyline that I'm terrified and certain of.
    Well people were saying that she was being controlled by Sinister so I don't know that leads to her betraying anything...

As for Scott, crappy situation for sure, but to be fair, we really don't know 100% where Marvel is going to take this. Ideally Emma never lets us see her sweat over this stuff, even if we know how she feels underneath because you know, there are X-Men who never get over some people. Lot's of them actually. Many members of at least the senior team have someone that they just can't be with, but just can't forget about either. Emma should be uniquely and intimately familiar with this phenomena and as I recall, she wasn't sympathetic when the shoe was on the other foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Well people were saying that she was being controlled by Sinister so I don't know that leads to her betraying anything...
    Has Sinister ever controlled someone like some people believe is the case here?

Seems to be more of a Malice thing.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

So Marvel is once again trying to shoehorn Mama into villainy where as other books still respect the fact she's a hero? I swear I can't wait until White and those who openly support the Emma Hate Train are GONE!!!
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

A number of references to Emma and Christian showed up in Iceman´s birthday party.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    So Marvel is once again trying to shoehorn Mama into villainy where as other books still respect the fact she's a hero? I swear I can't wait until White and those who openly support the Emma Hate Train are GONE!!!
    I agree. JDW has been/is being a disgrace for any adult reader of the X Men books.. now they are simplistic and childish. Of course he got rid off Emma.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    A number of references to Emma and Christian showed up in Iceman´s birthday party.
    I wonder what the morlocks did with all that money, since they still live in sewers.

I have a feeling that Emma will be funding Scotts Uncanny Team

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I wonder what the morlocks did with all that money, since they still live in sewers.

I have a feeling that Emma will be funding Scotts Uncanny Team
    I can see it now...

Cyclops: "Emma babe, how have you been, I know you are responsible for every single bad thing that has happened to the X-Men in the last 10 years, but that aside can you lend me a million dollars to fund my new X-Men. You know like how you sold your company a few years ago to fund Utopia for me because I was broke."

Emma: "Do I know you? Security why did you let this riff raff into the club chapter house?"

Emma probably gives him an extra million to buy something nice and a slap on the ass.

I doubt the Morlocks even have a bank account to deposit that check

I agree. JDW has been/is being a disgrace for any adult reader of the X Men books.. now they are simplistic and childish. Of course he got rid off Emma.
    You act like Emma had much presence in the X-books before he took over.
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-14-2019 at 09:34 AM.

BANNED

Age of X-Man is probably the smartest and mature X-Men stuff since Gillen and Spurrier.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I can see it now...

Cyclops: "Emma babe, how have you been, I know you are responsible for every single bad thing that has happened to the X-Men in the last 10 years, but that aside can you lend me a million dollars to fund my new X-Men. You know like how you sold your company a few years ago to fund Utopia for me because I was broke."

Emma: "Do I know you? Security why did you let this riff raff into the club chapter house?"
    Unlikely. AFAICT Scott hasn’t said a bad word about Emma to a third party ever. The only time he ever really criticized her was when she wanted to get back together. I find it implausible that he would start now. Other characters and Marvel narration already have that covered. Scott’s basically been an Emma booster ever since She joined in NXM.

I don’t believe he’s ever asked her for money either. I’m sure she was more than happy to volunteer financial assistance and that only ever came up during Utopia.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Age of X-Man is probably the smartest and mature X-Men stuff since Gillen and Spurrier.

lol AoX isn't smart or mature at all

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I am liking parts of it to be sure but keep in mind it's AU we'll have to find out about the canon still

Would still like for NuHellfire to be more "grey"/noble in ways, or at least portrayed as such (we readers can interpret it however we wish but it'd be nice for it to be given more official credence)

Mystique there isn't a great sign unless they start reeling her in more

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Which all lends credence to my "evilly evil evil until she betrays the others to try and get back with Scott" storyline that I'm terrified and certain of.
    Isn't that exactly what many people seem to WANT? Basically EF to go totally binary and switch from villain to hero and become X-Men again? I mean she literally JUST started up a new Hellfire Club so to me that's a colossal waste of story potential but a lot of people clearly would seem to be fine with that direction. I agree with your implicit premise that it's kind of misogynist and degrading though if it happens
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 03-14-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I am liking parts of it to be sure but keep in mind it's AU we'll have to find out about the canon still

Would still like for NuHellfire to be more "grey"/noble in ways, or at least portrayed as such (we readers can interpret it however we wish but it'd be nice for it to be given more official credence)

Mystique there isn't a great sign unless they start reeling her in more

Isn't that exactly what many people seem to WANT? Basically EF to go totally binary and switch from villain to hero and become X-Men again? I mean she literally JUST started up a new Hellfire Club so to me that's a colossal waste of story potential but a lot of people clearly would seem to be fine with that direction. I agree with your implicit premise that it's kind of misogynist and degrading though if it happens
    Leah Williams' plan was clearly for Emma to not be stupidly evil, but to use the HFC as an alternative to the X-Men, or perhaps a rival. But having her work with two she despises like Miss Sinister or Mystique is not a good sign.