Page 47 of 301 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    A number of references to Emma and Christian showed up in Iceman´s birthday party.
    I was a bit annoyed by this. Suddenly Bobby is saying that Emma is a horrendous villain? What was that about. He said something along the lines that Cyclops was in a relationship with one of the X-Men's greatest villains. Plus acting like Christian's money was somehow dirty or something. Bleh, it ticked me off that Winters End leaned back into the X-writers idea that Emma should be a villain. I hate it.

I came across this sketch by Caio Marcus and wanted to color it. This is the result that came out of my efforts. I claim no right to the original or the colored version of the image. I simply did this for fun.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 03-16-2019 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I was a bit annoyed by this. Suddenly Bobby is saying that Emma is a horrendous villain? What was that about. He said something along the lines that Cyclops was in a relationship with one of the X-Men's greatest villains. Plus acting like Christian's money was somehow dirty or something. Bleh, it ticked me off that Winters End leaned back into the X-writers idea that Emma should be a villain. I hate it.
    Considering Sina Grace wrote both the earlier heroic Emma and now suddenly turning on her makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Isn't that exactly what many people seem to WANT? Basically EF to go totally binary and switch from villain to hero and become X-Men again? I mean she literally JUST started up a new Hellfire Club so to me that's a colossal waste of story potential but a lot of people clearly would seem to be fine with that direction. I agree with your implicit premise that it's kind of misogynist and degrading though if it happens
    Nobody wants a badly written Emma here. Her returning to the X men is not the deal breaker, is her potentially just being viewed as a cartoony villian. i want the hellfire storyline to happen but i want it to feel right for her not just a way to keep Emma on the side of bad and continue to bash the revolution era like this bad thing that is her fault cause she "corrupted" scott.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Considering Sina Grace wrote both the earlier heroic Emma and now suddenly turning on her makes zero sense.
    I'm trying to take the Winter's End stuff less of an actual commentary on Emma from Bobby (and Sina for that matter) and more of an outburst from a frustrated guy who feels everyone gets a pass but him. The only thing that bugged me was Jean's angry attitude towards Christian that seemed to come out of nowhere, but she never said anything about Emma either.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Nobody wants a badly written Emma here. Her returning to the X men is not the deal breaker, is her potentially just being viewed as a cartoony villian. i want the hellfire storyline to happen but i want it to feel right for her not just a way to keep Emma on the side of bad and continue to bash the revolution era like this bad thing that is her fault cause she "corrupted" scott.

I'm trying to take the Winter's End stuff less of an actual commentary on Emma from Bobby (and Sina for that matter) and more of an outburst from a frustrated guy who feels everyone gets a pass but him. The only thing that bugged me was Jean's angry attitude towards Christian that seemed to come out of nowhere, but she never said anything about Emma either.
    The worst part of how the X-Men were acting is that Emma and Christian helped them in Iceman #5 to fight the minions sent by Mr Sinister. I hope they don't make her a villain in Uncanny X-Men #18. I really want to see an Emma using HFC resources to help mutants as much as possible under the current fascist state of anti-mutant racism in the world.

Oh, almost forgot, Phoenix Emma looks awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Kitty hates Emma. Her attitude towards her in WE is consistent with how Sina wrote her in Iceman in that she does not trust her at all. Both Kitty and Jean projected their feelings about Emma onto him but yea Kitty is the one that seemed over the top with it

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kitty hates Emma. Her attitude towards her in WE is consistent with how Sina wrote her in Iceman in that she does not trust her at all. Both Kitty and Jean projected their feelings about Emma onto him but yea Kitty is the one that seemed over the top with it
    Kitty slamming Emma is nothing new. Jean obviously shouldn't like any member of the Frost family, that's acceptable. But Bobby slamming Emma and Christian after helping them and feeling good about it feels incorrect.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...el-eccc-panel/

"We’ll find out where Hope and Banshee have been in this Wednesday’s Uncanny X-Men, said Rosenberg. Readers will also find out where Emma Frost, Mystique, and other characters have been lately."

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...el-eccc-panel/

"We’ll find out where Hope and Banshee have been in this Wednesday’s Uncanny X-Men, said Rosenberg. Readers will also find out where Emma Frost, Mystique, and other characters have been lately."
    Yay, a preview of how disappointed we'll be for UXM 18. Wonder if he'll show the reason he has Emma and Mystique paired.

Anyone have any hopes/theories about Emma for C2E2?

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Yay, a preview of how disappointed we'll be for UXM 18. Wonder if he'll show the reason he has Emma and Mystique paired.

Anyone have any hopes/theories about Emma for C2E2?
    Does C2E2 even have a X-men panel this year? I doubt we’ll be getting anything substantial coming from these cons regarding the X-men
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Does C2E2 even have a X-men panel this year? I doubt we’ll be getting anything substantial coming from these cons regarding the X-men
    JDW mentioned in the X-men Monday thing they do now that there would be news for the X-men. Probably in the next big thing panel, and it makes sense IMO. The June solicits are nearly out, and that's the last of AoXM month, so they could preview the believed relaunch at that point.

Does anyone remember he Issue of Xmen Blue where Emma beats miss Sinister with telepathy.

I can't remember well, but I think miss Sinister was able to fight Xavier.

I have always seen Emma Frost able to beat Xavier also according to the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I have always seen Emma Frost able to beat Xavier also according to the circumstances.
    Emma can beat Xavier 1 on 1. A lot of that is telepaths like Emma, Jean, and Rachel being elevated while Charles keeps in his usual place.

I don't get why Jean and Kitty were rude to Christian. They've never met him before ... how did they know who he was? And I imagine Jean tries blocking that part of her memory when she ripped into Emma's mind that one time.

Can't believe it's been over a year since Jean's return, and we see no Emma and Jean interaction (except that Ghost thing if it counts), but when Wolverine and Cyclops are back, the first thing we get is a bro-fest.