Page 48 of 301 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    I don't get why Jean and Kitty were rude to Christian. They've never met him before ... how did they know who he was? And I imagine Jean tries blocking that part of her memory when she ripped into Emma's mind that one time.

Can't believe it's been over a year since Jean's return, and we see no Emma and Jean interaction (except that Ghost thing if it counts), but when Wolverine and Cyclops are back, the first thing we get is a bro-fest.
    There's a theory for that, courtesy of my old geometry teacher.

He worked at an inner city school in Kansas City. His rule for breaking up the common fights was simple:

1) If it's two guys, you let them wail on each other for around three minutes, then break it up. They're usually fine after that. Obviously step in if one of them is getting completely pasted.

2) If it's two girls, you call the police. He once saw girl A look at girl B's guy. Girl B and her friends held Girl A to the ground, Girl B took out a razor and slapped Girl A's inner thighs with it (she was wearing a skirt). Nearly killed her.

Scott and Logan are frienemies. They don't like each other most of the time, but they can work together and maybe hit the bar afterwards.

Jean and Emma are two wet cats in a sack that will only tolerate each other if the world is at stake (which it kind of was during Jeen's solo).

Logan and Scott have a common goal and a story of friendship and mutual respect between them. Also, right now they do not have much more than each other (Ok, Logan has the Avengers and Scott the Champions but).

Emma and Jean do not have either. Beyond Scott they do not even have much in common. Without him, there was no trigger for them to meet.

I am just keeping my fingers crossed that they portray Emma as just a bit morally grey, but still on the side of the heroes. I felt they already did that in Iceman #2 and #5, and even more so in Jessica Jones. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that Emma ends up helping the X-Men in some way or form, like helping them build a base of operations, or just outright rebuilding a new version of the school. I would kind of love it if Emma takes Scott and Logan to a site where she is already constructing the new school.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    I don't get why Jean and Kitty were rude to Christian. They've never met him before ... how did they know who he was? And I imagine Jean tries blocking that part of her memory when she ripped into Emma's mind that one time.

Can't believe it's been over a year since Jean's return, and we see no Emma and Jean interaction (except that Ghost thing if it counts), but when Wolverine and Cyclops are back, the first thing we get is a bro-fest.
    They're best friends with Bobby not to mention Jean is a telepath

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Scott and Logan are frienemies. They don't like each other most of the time, but they can work together and maybe hit the bar afterwards.
    This also described Emma and Kitty before Guggs' character assassination though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    This also described Emma and Kitty before Guggs' character assassination though.
    Kitty was mostly fine until IvX, then she really turned the Emma hate on full blast. She is the writers voice for how much they hate Emma, just like how Bobby was during Scott's post AvX era.

Adult Jean has teen Jean's memories now, doesn't she? Not that it means adult Jean would forgive Emma for everything in the past, but didn't Emma and teen Jean have a breakthrough in heir relationship in Uncanny X-Men?

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...aughter_2019_3

Jessica Jones - Marvel Digital Original: Purple Daughter (2019) #3
    Published: March 20, 2019

Writer: Kelly Thompson
    Penciler: Mattia De Iulis
    Cover Artist: Martin Simmonds

PURPLE DAUGHTER Parts 5 & 6! A DOUBLE-SIZED Marvel Digital Original you don't want to miss! Jess and Luke must escape from a nightmare that's masked as a 'perfect' reality. But where's Emma Frost?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Kitty was mostly fine until IvX, then she really turned the Emma hate on full blast. She is the writers voice for how much they hate Emma, just like how Bobby was during Scott's post AvX era.
    Sadly, that seems to be the standard for most X-characters when it comes to her post IvX.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...aughter_2019_3

Jessica Jones - Marvel Digital Original: Purple Daughter (2019) #3
    Published: March 20, 2019

Writer: Kelly Thompson
    Penciler: Mattia De Iulis
    Cover Artist: Martin Simmonds

PURPLE DAUGHTER Parts 5 & 6! A DOUBLE-SIZED Marvel Digital Original you don't want to miss! Jess and Luke must escape from a nightmare that's masked as a 'perfect' reality. But where's Emma Frost?
    Emma to the rescue? Makes sense we're seeing her again after how part 4 ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Adult Jean has teen Jean's memories now, doesn't she? Not that it means adult Jean would forgive Emma for everything in the past, but didn't Emma and teen Jean have a breakthrough in heir relationship in Uncanny X-Men?

Teen Jean had a relationship without the context. Its complicated bc she didnt have those memories or experiences so it was easier to let Emma in. I expect adult Jean to be more empathetic to Emma but definitely not her friend. IvX, Secret Empire and Mothervine all happened after that scene above and those are reasons enough to not trust Emma and be on guard when it comes to her

It's so primed for Emma, especially since there's X-Men precedent with JJ:

Can't wait - Emma's appearance was so good last issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Teen Jean had a relationship without the context. Its complicated bc she didnt have those memories or experiences so it was easier to let Emma in. I expect adult Jean to be more empathetic to Emma but definitely not her friend. IvX, Secret Empire and Mothervine all happened after that scene above and those are reasons enough to not trust Emma and be on guard when it comes to her
    But teen Jean was flooded with the memories of her older self when she first arrived in the future and her telepathy was activated prematurely. So even though she didn't experience everything first hand, the memories of her future selve's life should have had some sort of influence. Especially, since telepaths often say that memories as felt by them are often like experiencing them themselves. I just feel since teen Jean and future Jean now both have the full set of memories and "experiences" that Jean and Emma's relationship should be cautious and not hostile. At least not without provocation.

I haven't kept up with the X-Men as closely as I maybe should have, but I suppose there were other reasons for her not to trust Emma. But I found the reaction to her brother's arrival a little overexaggerated?
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 03-19-2019 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    But teen Jean was flooded with the memories of her older self when she first arrived in the future and her telepathy was activated prematurely. So even though she didn't experience everything first hand, the memories of her future selve's life should have had some sort of influence. Especially, since telepaths often say that memories as felt by them are often like experiencing them themselves. I just feel since teen Jean and future Jean now both have the full set of memories and "experiences" that Jean and Emma's relationship should be cautious and not hostile. At least not without provocation.

I haven't kept up with the X-Men as closely as I maybe should have, but I suppose there were other reasons for her not to trust Emma. But I found the reaction to her brother's arrival a little overexaggerated?
    Those werenÂ’t her memories. It was all second hand info she got from Beast (I believe it was him) and he had a different relationship with Emma. ThatÂ’s why teen Jean wasnÂ’t hostile towards Emma bc she was a stranger to her. She didnÂ’t have any strong opinion of her bc she hadnÂ’t experienced the pain that she caused

The reasons not to trust Emma are IvX, Secret Empire and Mothervine. Emma hasnÂ’t had the best track record lately
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-19-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Those werenÂ’t her memories. It was all second hand info she got from Beast (I believe it was him) and he had a different relationship with Emma relationship. ThatÂ’s why teen Jean wasnÂ’t hostile towards Emma bc she was a stranger to her. She didnÂ’t have any strong opinion of her bc she hadnÂ’t experienced the pain that she caused

The reasons not to trust Emma are IvX, Secret Empire and Mothervine. Emma hasnÂ’t had the best track record lately
    By that logic Jeans only first hand memories of Emma are when the Hellions died, a BBQ during Gen X and Morrisons X-Men where her marriage already fell apart and she forgave Emma.

The rest was second hand off the Phoenix Force.

Also Mothervine was Havoks plan Emma went along to sabotage it. And in Secret Empire Emma saved mutants. As well as Iceman 5.

Additionally, Sina was much kinder to Emma in Winters End. At the start Iceman uses a tough love approach with one of the students and describes it as Emma Frost tough love. Added to the contrast he wrote between Emma protecting Icemams secret and Jean exposing it. Jean came off the worst in that issue

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    By that logic Jeans only first hand memories of Emma are when the Hellions died, a BBQ during Gen X and Morrisons X-Men where her marriage already fell apart and she forgave Emma.

The rest was second hand off the Phoenix Force.

Also Mothervine was Havoks plan Emma went along to sabotage it. And in Secret Empire Emma saved mutants. As well as Iceman 5.

Additionally, Sina was much kinder to Emma in Winters End. At the start Iceman uses a tough love approach with one of the students and describes it as Emma Frost tough love. Added to the contrast he wrote between Emma protecting Icemams secret and Jean exposing it. Jean came off the worst in that issue
    Jean didn’t forgive Emma in New X-men. She died before she could resolve her feelings

Emma did awful things to the X-men in SE. She attack them and Jean and mindraped Scott. Jean has reasons not to trust her for that

Emma changed her mind in MV but she still linked up with the other villians and initiated that plan. She bares responsibility for the damage she caused even if she defected. This event just proved that she is inconsistent and can’t fully be trusted. No one knows where Emma’s head is at nor what she’s willing to do to achieve her goals bc she’s been all over the map lately. Jean doesn’t have good history with her to give her the benefit of the doubt do it make sense that she’d be weary of her