Page 50 of 301 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That line wasnt indicative of Jean moving on. She had just found out about the affair and attacked Emma the night before. It doesnt make sense that she had come to terms with it that fast. She was bonded to the PF and it had a higher purpose. Human emotions were ultimately inconsequential to that. That line was foreshadowing what we would ultimately learn in HCT. The Phoenix needed Emma alive for Scott bc the X-men fall without her around. I didnt see anything about Jean's words or action being about forgiveness but rather doing what needed to be done
    So what you are saying is to you Jean was useless meat puppet for the PF. Jean was always empathic. She felt Emma's love for Scott. But to you she was not capable of her own agency or decisions. Sounds like we were reading two different comics

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    So what you are saying is to you Jean was useless meat puppet for the PF. Jean was always empathic. She felt Emma's love for Scott. But to you she was not capable of her own agency or decisions. Sounds like we were reading two different comics
    Nope you just said that

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't want Emma with them. Their whole thing is doing stuff that needs to be done for everyone, but I can't see Emma willingly taking orders from a council of people she barely agrees with most of the time.
    While ir was a great story, being part of the Illuminati wasn't good for anyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaFrost01 View Post
    About Emma o new JJ issue, short but so good. Since I am not very optimistic about Emma's role in Uncanny X-men it is good to see her being well written somewhere else
    I loved how Jessica, Luke, and Emma were all telling each other that when they find the Purple Man's son they all want to take him down together.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I loved how Jessica, Luke, and Emma were all telling each other that when they find the Purple Man's son they all want to take him down together.
    "You find him and I'm your first call Jones"

"You find him and I'm your first call Jones"
    I loved seeing Emma get a chance to show her own agency and desires, even in a story that is ostensibly about mind control. Too often with the X-Men she's relegated to a subordinate role, but here, even in a small appearance in the last issue, she absolutely shone with purpose. (And in her appearance in #2 too, of course.)

Also, the "diamond boobs" exchange was gold. I would love more Emma from Kelly Thompson and Mattia De Iulis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I loved seeing Emma get a chance to show her own agency and desires, even in a story that is ostensibly about mind control. Too often with the X-Men she's relegated to a subordinate role, but here, even in a small appearance in the last issue, she absolutely shone with purpose. (And in her appearance in #2 too, of course.)

Also, the "diamond boobs" exchange was gold. I would love more Emma from Kelly Thompson and Mattia De Iulis.
    In the scene where she was strapped down to the bed in diamond form, you can tell that Purple Man's son was doing that so that if she changed back to normal form she would be instantly doused the way he was dousing Luke. So Emma was staying in diamond form to keep herself from being mind controlled by the blood gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post

Yes, I just loved the story telling so much, the art was stunning and it complemented it so well.

props to Mattia de Iulis and Kelly Thompson, if this ever get to paperback trade I am definitely buy it again.

Yes, I just loved the story telling so much, the art was stunning and it complemented it so well.

props to Mattia de Iulis and Kelly Thompson, if this ever get to paperback trade I am definitely buy it again.
    That's a nice idea actually. I bought the digital versions, but the art was pretty amazing I wouldn't mind owning the paper trade version of the whole 3 part series.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    That's a nice idea actually. I bought the digital versions, but the art was pretty amazing I wouldn't mind owning the paper trade version of the whole 3 part series.
    Count me in too, I would love to own a paper trade of this mini, digital is nice and serve me well for most of the comics I read, but the really good ones deserve a space on my shelf

Emma in JJ´s was brief but enjoyable. It shows the potential of the character when writen from adults to adults. The current 90s revival X Men are infantile and not the place for Emma. I am dreading of UXM...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Emma in JJ´s was brief but enjoyable. It shows the potential of the character when writen from adults to adults. The current 90s revival X Men are infantile and not the place for Emma. I am dreading of UXM...
    I'm so so so concern about what is in store for Emma in Uncanny since that book feels all over the place in terms of tone, content and direction.

But yeah, I hope we get more Emma in these JJ stories if that's how it's going to be. I really hope the Hellfire Club and Emma get folded into another larger MU book and she can continue on this leave of absence from the X-Books.

Like I said I was totally against this before, I don't like to read avengers books, rogue is one of my favorite characters and I couldn't read avengers even when she was there, but since the last appearances of Emma outside the x-books has been so good and well written, I'm right now preferring her to be more involved in the broader MU books than with the x-men. And having her own agenda in this appearances gives the possibility for the character to grow and even get a solo builded from there.

I love the x-men, but I don't like what we are getting now and I have no hopes that her in Uncanny will be a good thing, probably a dubious action that will have all the other characters winning and complaining about how mean and untrustworthy Emma is....

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I'm so so so concern about what is in store for Emma in Uncanny since that book feels all over the place in terms of tone, content and direction.

But yeah, I hope we get more Emma in these JJ stories if that's how it's going to be. I really hope the Hellfire Club and Emma get folded into another larger MU book and she can continue on this leave of absence from the X-Books.
    I am concerned too, I don't want Emma back as a villain, I want her to do her own hero thing in the Marvel Universe, either with the X-Men or away from the X-Men. I would love it if they give Emma an ongoing and call it Hellfire X or something like that and have her run her own team separate from the X-Men. It would be really interesting too if some very unexpected members of the X-Men decided to go to Emma's team because they feel she is more proactive to threats against mutant kind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That line wasnt indicative of Jean moving on. She had just found out about the affair and attacked Emma the night before. It doesnt make sense that she had come to terms with it that fast. She was bonded to the PF and it had a higher purpose. Human emotions were ultimately inconsequential to that. That line was foreshadowing what we would ultimately learn in HCT. The Phoenix needed Emma alive for Scott bc the X-men fall without her around. I didnt see anything about Jean's words or action being about forgiveness but rather doing what needed to be done
    I think you're over interpreting it because you want Jean to feel angry at Emma. Jean is a hero first and foremost. She would never let someone die because her marriage is falling apart. She knew the relationship was in trouble before the affair. Jean had moved on. Even after Jean's return, you don't see her mad at Scott or Emma. For that matter, ghost Jean appearing in the Jean Grey book wasn't particularly mad at Emma either. Jean had moved on, and it was her decision to save Emma.

Granted, this is in a reality constructed by X-Man, but we now see Jean with Bishop. Whether she's Phoenix or just plain Jean she has a life and desires OUTSIDE of Cyclops