Page 54 of 301 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I would hate for Emma to rejoin the X-men again, especially if it meant her getting rid of her Black King status. Sis has so much power and influence as the leader of the HFC so it wouldn’t make any sense for her to get rid of that. However, I would not be opposed to her being a close ally to the X-men while still holding onto her status
    Well, still have to see anything of this supposed power and influence, so far the only visible effect is the color of her costume.

Personally I would think the HFC to be quite run-down by now, considering all the recent changes in leadership (including Aaron's brats) and being attacked and dismounted multiple times the last year, last by Magneto and then by X-Men.

Maybe the coming UXM issues will show another picture.

I would hate for Emma to rejoin the X-men again, especially if it meant her getting rid of her Black King status. Sis has so much power and influence as the leader of the HFC so it wouldn’t make any sense for her to get rid of that. However, I would not be opposed to her being a close ally to the X-men while still holding onto her status
    While there's a lot of potential with Emma as Black King, I'd rather have her back with the X-men for a couple of reasons.

A) It means IvX is finally behind us. Her as Black King is due not being trusted because of IvX, and the sooner its gone the better. There have been plenty of X-men who have done **** that is promptly forgotten once they return to the status quo, which IMO means her rejoining the X-men, not just allied with them.
    B) Security. If she's part of the Hellfire Club, it's only time until someone joins the X-books who didn't pay attention or doesn't care, and she's stupidly evil again. Obviously being part of the X-men won't save her from character assassination (hello IvX, although she and Scott didn't really feel like part of the X-men during DoX/IvX), but I think it's more likely for something like that to happen again if she's part of the HFC.
    C) She'd be more likely to be involved in the X-books. I was surprised that she showed up here, but she wasn't part of the last big X-event, and we don't know how often she'll pop up before or after. I know pretty much everyone who is in this thread frequently would buy a Hellfire Club book, but I don't think it could sustain it self. It likely wouldn't have "X-men" in the title, which I think is a huge selling point. It probably won't be a flag ship, and it probably wont' have a team full of big names (which is usually reserved for the flagships). Her as part of the HFC feels like it will be a continuation of this Uncanny run, everyone being surprised she's showing up for two issues, regardless of how those two issues are.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    While there's a lot of potential with Emma as Black King, I'd rather have her back with the X-men for a couple of reasons.

A) It means IvX is finally behind us. Her as Black King is due not being trusted because of IvX, and the sooner its gone the better. There have been plenty of X-men who have done **** that is promptly forgotten once they return to the status quo, which IMO means her rejoining the X-men, not just allied with them.
    B) Security. If she's part of the Hellfire Club, it's only time until someone joins the X-books who didn't pay attention or doesn't care, and she's stupidly evil again. Obviously being part of the X-men won't save her from character assassination (hello IvX, although she and Scott didn't really feel like part of the X-men during DoX/IvX), but I think it's more likely for something like that to happen again if she's part of the HFC.
    C) She'd be more likely to be involved in the X-books. I was surprised that she showed up here, but she wasn't part of the last big X-event, and we don't know how often she'll pop up before or after. I know pretty much everyone who is in this thread frequently would buy a Hellfire Club book, but I don't think it could sustain it self. It likely wouldn't have "X-men" in the title, which I think is a huge selling point. It probably won't be a flag ship, and it probably wont' have a team full of big names (which is usually reserved for the flagships). Her as part of the HFC feels like it will be a continuation of this Uncanny run, everyone being surprised she's showing up for two issues, regardless of how those two issues are.
    I think she can stay leader of the Hellfire Club and still be part of the X-family again. It just means she brings her HFC and Frost International resources into play as a team member, just like Warren brings Worthington Industries. I forgot about Christian Frost though, he should definitely get a chance to become part of the X-books too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    That's a nice black and white, I like it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Well, still have to see anything of this supposed power and influence, so far the only visible effect is the color of her costume.

Personally I would think the HFC to be quite run-down by now, considering all the recent changes in leadership (including Aaron's brats) and being attacked and dismounted multiple times the last year, last by Magneto and then by X-Men.

Maybe the coming UXM issues will show another picture.
    Shaw was basically in hiding by the time Emma got to him and killed him, and whatever Hellfire Club leaders the X-Men took down where people not of note. Aaron brats are forgotten of course (thank god). It seemed like the HFC is just Emma Frost herself. I mean she might have taken over whatever companies or accounts they had, but really there's not much to go on.

Now Emma could recruit a new inner circle if they want her to go the villain route again. I'd rather her lead an X-Team. Maybe she joins X-Force or something. Because the HFC just seems really washed up, though I liked the story of how she took down Shaw and had the X-Men wipe out what was left of the Hellfire Club (ragtag at that point).

In fact, the HFC was so ragtag the X-Men didn't have to take down what was left of it on PANEL. LOL

Emma has been Lord Imperial for a while, I definitely think she has consolidated power to ensure she runs all HFC operations just like she runs Frost International. Maybe she isn't doing anything seriously dramatic though, it might be as simple as running an underground railroad for mutants worldwide to get them out of oppressive countries including the USA.

SHE BACK BABY
    Interesting...

Most characters are with a costume from different eras or new ones, but Emma is with her current one....I wonder if this image mean anything or if we are just looking to much into it haha

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

All this. Joining the X-men is never really a bad thing. In fact, it's already ridiculously out of character that Emma wouldn't be there with Wolverine when Cyclops called the X-men, if only to avoid him getting killed again when, inevitably, the anti-mutant terrorists appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaFrost01 View Post
    Interesting...

Most characters are with a costume from different eras or new ones, but Emma is with her current one....I wonder if this image mean anything or if we are just looking to much into it haha
    There was a theory in another thread that it was her Dark Cabal outfit. I don’t remember if there was difference.

There was a theory in another thread that it was her Dark Cabal outfit. I don’t remember if there was difference.
    There's a difference, and this is not the Cabal outfit.

As for others having the current costume, I guess you can say Cyclops and Wolverine also use current costumes. I think they are using these ones in Uncanny right now at least.

Same for Magneto, Apocalypse, Archangel and Xavier, the ones on the teaser are probably close enough to their last real appearance costumes (Age of X-Man versions does not count as those are temporary remakes).

This one?

image.jpg

slightly different.... for me it looks more like her current costume (basically astonishing costume dyed black)

Quote Originally Posted by AnaFrost01 View Post
    This one?

image.jpg

slightly different.... for me it looks more like her current costume (basically astonishing costume dyed black)
    This is the pinnacle of perfection wtf
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    There's a difference, and this is not the Cabal outfit.

As for others having the current costume, I guess you can say Cyclops and Wolverine also use current costumes. I think they are using these ones in Uncanny right now at least.

Same for Magneto, Apocalypse, Archangel and Xavier, the ones on the teaser are probably close enough to their last real appearance costumes (Age of X-Man versions does not count as those are temporary remakes).
    Well Magneto, Apocalypse, Archangel and Xavier even when they change costumes they end up back to the "classics" soon enough. Didn't know about Cyclops and Wolverine though...

But I think this costume thing might not mean anything too

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    This is the pinnacle of perfection wtf
    I like this costume more than the current one, I am fine with it, after all Emma can rock anything, but for me it just looks like the astonishing costume with the wrong color