Page 57 of 301 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

JJ trusted her in the purple daughter series, no one was questioning her intensions and complaining about her being there to help... that was so refreshing and good I just wish I would see more of that.

But Emma is amazing she thrives in any situation, so is not something that bothers me that much

Quote Originally Posted by AnaFrost01 View Post
    JJ trusted her in the purple daughter series, no one was questioning her intensions and complaining about her being there to help... that was so refreshing and good I just wish I would see more of that.

But Emma is amazing she thrives in any situation, so is not something that bothers me that much
    I do understand why the X-Men will be reluctant to trust he after X-Men Black, she did trick them into helping her take absolute control over the HFC. I think we should give it time though, if Emma truly returns to the X-books there is going to be tension at the beginning but eventually things will calm down. I would like it though if she gets to use her HFC and Frost International resources to help the team from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaFrost01 View Post

I loved how Jessica wasn’t even mad Luke was staring at Emma’s boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I loved how Jessica wasn’t even mad Luke was staring at Emma’s boobs.
    Haha, that was because Jessica was looking at Emma's boobs too.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Haha, that was because Jessica was looking at Emma's boobs too.
    Emma’s introduction and farewell to the series involve comments about her boobs.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Did everything in Purple Daughter work out?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Did everything in Purple Daughter work out?
    yeah, it's Jessica's book so she was obviously the star of the 3 parter, but Emma was portrayed positively in the series. She was mostly in book 2 (part 3 and 4) and she showed up a tiny bit in book 3 (part 4 and 5). Emma, Jessica, and Luke had some banter at the end with each other about allying together at some point in the future to take down the Purple Man's son. The fun thing is that Jessica is sarcastic and Emma is sarcastic so the banter between them is actually really good, they play well off each other because they both have similar acerbic personalities.

Kelly Thompson needs to write Emma for the movies. Her voice is exactly how Emma should be in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Kelly Thompson needs to write Emma for the movies. Her voice is exactly how Emma should be in the movies.
    I'd prefer a writer who can sell more than 20K on a regular basis. Given the X-Office we have, I get that it seems to require boundless talent to not write Emma as terrible, but it actually doesn't...

BANNED

Lobdell should write her for the movies, being her best writer and having successful movie experience and everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I'd prefer a writer who can sell more than 20K on a regular basis. Given the X-Office we have, I get that it seems to require boundless talent to not write Emma as terrible, but it actually doesn't...
    Lol that's ridiculous. How many books sold isn't really reflective of quality, and it's not all on the writer to sell books.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Lol that's ridiculous. How many books sold isn't really reflective of quality, and it's not all on the writer to sell books.
    When writers turn out a crappy product it doesn't sell because people can read previews or the first issue and figure it out pretty quick. That seems reflective of quality to me.

Kelly's books don't tear up charts because all of her projects are culty things that aren't suited for the direct market. Now that she has a flagship, post first issue drop she's outselling other flagships and top writers.

And if you can get 17 issues out of a series about Hawkeye II, you must be doing something right.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    When writers turn out a crappy product it doesn't sell because people can read previews or the first issue and figure it out pretty quick. That seems reflective of quality to me.
    Because SIXIS and Civil War II are the pinnacle of quality.

events are outliers due to their promotion and scale, coupled with their importance, the best way to see how reception affects the direct market is to find a flagship title with DM strength, and watch to see if it's steady

*cough*Black Panther*cough*

secret empire actually was the pinnacle of quality, tho
    and that story had emma, not a coincidence
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate