Page 59 of 301 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

I'm just going to say, Jean and Emma shouldn't be friends with eacth other, they have good reasons to not be friends. Same with Scott and Logan. Coworkers with some level of mutual respect?, sure, but friends? nah, too many differences to make it work.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Overwhelmingly, guys will go to blows quickly, but will get over it just as quickly.
    World history will not agree with you.

Incredible Member

I, too, don't think they should become friends.
    But there's a time to stop this vicious circle and they should at least come to an understanding.

That said, even in their practice of telepathy they're different. Emma is all about control while Jean being an empathic person is more about letting it flow. For Emma, being an empathic telepath is something dangerous, like inviting disaster to your table.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    World history will not agree with you.
    The interactions of politics works a lot differently than personal interaction. If they worked closer, the world would have a lot fewer problems.

I never said they should be besties. I said I want to see Emma and Jean interact. It's ridiculous we get to see Cyclops and Wolverine or even a Wolverine and Sabretooth (who has done worse things to Wolverine than Emma did to Jean) brofest but we can't get any Emma and Jean interaction except the Ghost Jean. People really like reading about Emma and Jean in books too.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The interactions of politics works a lot differently than personal interaction. If they worked closer, the world would have a lot fewer problems.
    Hmmm but men are overwhelmingly in a lot of prisons for violent crimes. :thinking_face:
    Last edited by ButterRum; 03-28-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    I never said they should be besties. I said I want to see Emma and Jean interact. It's ridiculous we get to see Cyclops and Wolverine or even a Wolverine and Sabretooth (who has done worse things to Wolverine than Emma did to Jean) brofest but we can't get any Emma and Jean interaction except the Ghost Jean. People really like reading about Emma and Jean in books too.

Hmmm but men are overwhelmingly in a lot of prisons for violent crimes. :thinking_face:
    The simple answer is testosterone, but the links to violence merge with the desire to enable dominance. There's still a lot to study in regards to its effects.

As for Jean and Emma interacting, sure, I'm all for it. Their interactions could parallel Scott and Logan. Will it happen, and do fans actually want it? I don't know...
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post

I just want to see Jean and Emma talking to each other about something other than Scott. Even if they argue regularly I still want to see them interact with each other more than any of the other characters. I would definitely prefer reading a book with Jean and Emma in it over a book with Scott and Logan.

Jean and Emma should build the new school and act as co-headmistresses of the school. Logan and Scott can keep running their team out of a bar.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I just want to see Jean and Emma talking to each other about something other than Scott. Even if they argue regularly I still want to see them interact with each other more than any of the other characters. I would definitely prefer reading a book with Jean and Emma in it over a book with Scott and Logan.

Jean and Emma should build the new school and act as co-headmistresses of the school. Logan and Scott can keep running their team out of a bar.
    I guess Logan and Scott could continue with the bar and rename it Cheers. Maybe it would make mutants more accepted since it would eventually become a place everyone wants to go.

Maybe Hickman has some Jean and Emma interactions devoid of Scott? Then again...
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Not to mention that Jean now has memories of her being mentored by Emma and remaining friends during her formative years. Even with the Morrison stuff, that should change up their dynamic at least a little bit.
    I kinda want aknowledgement of this.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Why does everyone want them to be friends so badly? Can’t they just coexist at the same time, why do we need to see them interacting? They have never been friends, Emma purposely sabotaged Jean’s marriage, Jean saved Emma, Emma helped teen Jean and Ghost Jean. Can’t that just be enough? What’s wrong with characters having some rivalry?

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Why does everyone want them to be friends so badly? Can’t they just coexist at the same time, why do we need to see them interacting? They have never been friends, Emma purposely sabotaged Jean’s marriage, Jean saved Emma, Emma helped teen Jean and Ghost Jean. Can’t that just be enough? What’s wrong with characters having some rivalry?
    I don't know about everyone else but their interactions have always been great. I don't need them to be nice to each other I just want them talking. Preferably with alcohol involve in some form.

You know, I think Emma would have a more interesting chemistry with Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I don't know about everyone else but their interactions have always been great. I don't need them to be nice to each other I just want them talking. Preferably with alcohol involve in some form.
    Yeah really. All we want is SOME interaction that isn't shitty and one-sided and magnifies both their characters because they go great together!!!!

Wasn't there a poll here about the most anticipated reunion and Emma and Jean won by a landslide!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Yeah, this is how I view the situation.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah, this is how I view the situation.
    Haha, I could see Emma sitting on a balcony at the new X-Mansion and Jean walks up to her and takes the glass out of Emma's hand and drinks from it. I don't mind if they have an adversarial relationship, I just think that it would be a lot of fun to have Emma and Jean interacting regularly, even if it's just to say snarky things at each other during team meetings. They can even have insulting nicknames for each other that they always use in mixed company. Then when someone tries to hurt one of the students or a teammate, that's when people need to be afraid because when Jean and Emma actually set aside their differences to work together that is when you really don't want to be their enemy. You know you are in serious trouble if Jean and Emma are both angry at you at the same time.