Page 61 of 301 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

I was just checking some dates of the debut of each member of Emma's family

Cordelia Frost - Gen X #3 - 1995
    Adrienne Frost - Gen X #48 - 1999
    Winston Frost - New X-Men #139 - June 2003
    Christian Frost - New X-Men #139 - June 2003
    Hazel - New X-Men #139 - June 2003

Emma solo - August 2003

Is funny to think that Cordelia was the first introduced. And apparently they were already thinking on expanding on Emma's past, since from Jean Grey's invasion of Emma Frost's mind till her solo debut is only 2 months apart.

Also even with the covers pushing away some readers from picking up the issues, the solo is well loved and a lot of authors keep referencing and building upon it, which is rare now a days when a lot of things that happen outside the main book gets ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaFrost01 View Post
    I was just checking some dates of the debut of each member of Emma's family

Cordelia Frost - Gen X #3 - 1995
    Adrienne Frost - Gen X #48 - 1999
    Winston Frost - New X-Men #139 - June 2003
    Christian Frost - New X-Men #139 - June 2003
    Hazel - New X-Men #139 - June 2003

Emma solo - August 2003

Is funny to think that Cordelia was the first introduced. And apparently they were already thinking on expanding on Emma's past, since from Jean Grey's invasion of Emma Frost's mind till her solo debut is only 2 months apart.

Also even with the covers pushing away some readers from picking up the issues, the solo is well loved and a lot of authors keep referencing and building upon it, which is rare now a days when a lot of things that happen outside the main book gets ignored.
    It was slow but I loved it. I also loved that it definitively place Emma as near in age to Scott and Jean, just that one moment with the X-Men on Christian's TV in the background while Emma walks into the hospital room to check on Christian. There were touches included that were very subtle to keep her linked to the X-Men. I also loved how the anti-mutant demonstrations were escalating at ESU which was a huge part of her first year of college and the impact it had on Emma's future. If she completely finished her degree before joining the HFC, then I could see her becoming incredibly jaded with humans by the end of her program. It's not even about seeing herself as superior, it's about seeing humans as nothing more than rabid racists and that she needs to defend herself and mutants against humans.

I think this layers into the difference between Emma and Magneto, Magneto wants to prove mutant superiority and rule, Emma wants to have enough power to defend mutants against humans. That's probably the reason that Emma agreed to go to Genosha to be a teacher and gave up everything else, because Genosha represented a free state where mutants were not going to be persecuted ever again and she wanted to support that state in a way that she was best capable of doing so, as a teacher.

I hope that this fall that they bring back Emma as a teacher because I love seeing her interactions with the younger mutants and I would love them to continue to explore that part of her character.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It was slow but I loved it. I also loved that it definitively place Emma as near in age to Scott and Jean, just that one moment with the X-Men on Christian's TV in the background while Emma walks into the hospital room to check on Christian. There were touches included that were very subtle to keep her linked to the X-Men. I also loved how the anti-mutant demonstrations were escalating at ESU which was a huge part of her first year of college and the impact it had on Emma's future. If she completely finished her degree before joining the HFC, then I could see her becoming incredibly jaded with humans by the end of her program. It's not even about seeing herself as superior, it's about seeing humans as nothing more than rabid racists and that she needs to defend herself and mutants against humans.

I think this layers into the difference between Emma and Magneto, Magneto wants to prove mutant superiority and rule, Emma wants to have enough power to defend mutants against humans. That's probably the reason that Emma agreed to go to Genosha to be a teacher and gave up everything else, because Genosha represented a free state where mutants were not going to be persecuted ever again and she wanted to support that state in a way that she was best capable of doing so, as a teacher.

I hope that this fall that they bring back Emma as a teacher because I love seeing her interactions with the younger mutants and I would love them to continue to explore that part of her character.
    I think it was more Gen X that establish her as being around the same age as Scott/Jean, they even have a issue that tells a little bit about the beginning of Emma in trading and with the HFC and how she was young at the time

Yeah I also love Emma teaching moments and wish to see more of that side in the future, but I understand if she fells that right now she should focus more in using her power position to help mutants in general and is a bit reluctant and resistant to go back to teaching again, given how many of her students have died no matter what she tries to do to avoid that fate.

I know she's about the same age as Scott but it's very rare that both "officially" are only 28 years old to keep them the same age as Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I know she's about the same age as Scott but it's very rare that both "officially" are only 28 years old to keep them the same age as Peter Parker.
    Yeah the sliding time scale is weird sometimes. The only person that they have allowed to age even a little bit is Reed Richards, but I think he still is and always will be in his 40's with some grey hair.

Is funny how the young teens seem to age at some point, but once they are adults it stops there, no one passes 30/40 in comics...Xavier and Magneto ages don't even make sense anymore
    Last edited by AnaFrost01; 03-31-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Just going by what it printed, not even by what is implied, but just using stuff like "three months later" or "six months later", Emma, Scott, and Jean should be 34 or 35 at the current time. I don't know why they even bother using time as a metric when it literally means nothing.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Just going by what it printed, not even by what is implied, but just using stuff like "three months later" or "six months later", Emma, Scott, and Jean should be 34 or 35 at the current time. I don't know why they even bother using time as a metric when it literally means nothing.
    The problem really is Peter Parker - as long as Marvel insists that he can't be over 30, that will continue with a lot of characters who are well established to be his age or close enough from the start (Johnny, O5, etc).

Regarding Emma specifically, while she clearly is younger now that she was originally conceived to be, it does make sense that she would want to seem older- both because people of younger age are usually less respected, and also to not draw attention to the fact she was rising too fast, partially due to her telepathic powers.

For me Scott and Emma are 35 years old and Beast 40. I know it's not true but it makes more sense than reality.

For me Scott and Emma are 35 years old and Beast 40. I know it's not true but it makes more sense than reality.
    LOL...Beast definitely isnt that much older than Scott. 2 years tops

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The problem really is Peter Parker - as long as Marvel insists that he can't be over 30, that will continue with a lot of characters who are well established to be his age or close enough from the start (Johnny, O5, etc).

Regarding Emma specifically, while she clearly is younger now that she was originally conceived to be, it does make sense that she would want to seem older- both because people of younger age are usually less respected, and also to not draw attention to the fact she was rising too fast, partially due to her telepathic powers.
    I think they made the right choice bringing Emma in line with the O5. I like your idea that she may have pretended to be older so the members of the Inner Circle took her more seriously, but I still like her the same age as Scott and Jean.

I do agree that realistically based on their maturity, education levels, and experience the O5 and Emma should all be in their mid thirties. I think Jean has a degree in something too doesn't she, Hank definitely has a PhD. Emma has finished her degree at ESU.

Heck in Spider Man you have MJ, Felicia, Flash, etc... who are all close in age to Peter, so they are all stuck too.

Susan and Reed are the only one who got older and that's because of Franklin. But they probably portray it that Susan is just a little bit older than Johnny and she got pregnant in her early 20's, while Reed was in his 30's. So Susan will only be a few years older than the O5 X-Men who are around the same age as Johnny.

Besides all that though, I would love to see Emma and Jean as co-headmistresses of the new school, I honestly don't want Xavier running it, better that Emma and Jean run the school instead of him.

We could just say this is Franklin's Fault.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Emma always struck me as older, like 45-ish. She’s just too well seasoned to be what 27-32? Gen X made her come off as older than the O5, but in Astonishing X-Men her, Scott and Hank come off as pushing 50.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Emma always struck me as older, like 45-ish. She’s just too well seasoned to be what 27-32? Gen X made her come off as older than the O5, but in Astonishing X-Men her, Scott and Hank come off as pushing 50.
    In Gen X the writers had her down as 24

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    In Gen X the writers had her down as 24
    And she claimed to be 28 at the time of the affair during the Morrison run.