Page 7 of 301 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I kinda liked the new issue of Jessica Jones, which I got because of Purple Girl (I have a weakness for the Alpha Flight mutants like Purple Girl, Madison Jeffries, Wild Child, Aurora etc)
    I think Emma is supposed to appear in one of the next issues

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I thought she was this issue, so that was disappointing.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    They’re just evening things out, as she was the only screwed by editorial in IvX. But we need some actual news soon, not just a radon appearance here or there.
    Here are some semi-news then to tide you over.

First, Emma will show up in both issue #2 and #3 of Jessic Jones Season 2. So might want to get the first issue as well to read the full arc, should only be the three issues in total.

https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...he-pages-of-jj

Then, Emma was not included in Disassembled for "reasons". Probably because she will appear elsewhere while AoX is going on then. So something will have to be revealed very soon, or maybe she'll just show up in e.g. Uncanny as a surprise.

https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...h-uncanny-that

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    let me tell you...im so damn glad Emma isn't is this event right now cause truly its honestly trash, and to think I wanted her to appear el oh el
    Emma must be aging well these days since she minds her business and avoids these terrible stories that have been coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

First, Emma will show up in both issue #2 and #3 of Jessic Jones Season 2. So might want to get the first issue as well to read the full arc, should only be the three issues in total.

Then, Emma was not included in Disassembled for "reasons". Probably because she will appear elsewhere while AoX is going on then. So something will have to be revealed very soon, or maybe she'll just show up in e.g. Uncanny as a surprise.

Reasons being the X-office/editorial is trying to bury her. We already know the Uncanny team, and she’s not on it. Her appearing there wouldn’t be anything more than the random Iceman cameos or two appearances in JJ. I’m talking about something substantial, like being on a team in an ongoing. It’s been an eternity since there’s been a book tha was positive for her.

BANNED

I'm glad to see that she's graduated to being above it all and not involved in these messy crossovers *knock on wood*

She works better in the greater MU.

I agree. I am all for Emma as an Avenger. It is about time to broaden her horizons.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I agree. I am all for Emma as an Avenger. It is about time to broaden her horizons.
    I believe I read Hickman wanted to use her instead of Beast for his New Avengers title but wasn't allowed to because Bendis wanted to use her as glorified wallpaper.

Can you imagine the great exposure Emma would have had being on an Avengers team during the height of their mainstream popularity? Thanks Marvel. Its like hearing Singer was going to use her in his version of X3.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

If statue collectors have a stupid amount of money, XM Studios is rolling out an Emma Frost Statue

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I believe I read Hickman wanted to use her instead of Beast for his New Avengers title but wasn't allowed to because Bendis wanted to use her as glorified wallpaper.

Can you imagine the great exposure Emma would have had being on an Avengers team during the height of their mainstream popularity? Thanks Marvel. Its like hearing Singer was going to use her in his version of X3.
    yay for the Avengers...boo for Singer. He makes questionable decisions.

I'll never understand the X-office saying "you can't use this character" and then holding them back because they want to do a two-piece story instead of a series long arc.

I just got the Jessica Jones series and it really good. Emma is not someone Kilgrave would like to mess with if it is Kilgrave

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant;4143172[B
    ]I believe I read Hickman wanted to use her instead of Beast for his New Avengers title but wasn't allowed to because Bendis wanted to use her as glorified wallpaper. [/B]

yep. Which is a shame cause I’m pretty sure he would’ve done a solid Emma, that’s also how we ended up with Black Swan, he created her in Emma’s likeness I’ve heard…
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Reasons being the X-office/editorial is trying to bury her. We already know the Uncanny team, and she’s not on it. Her appearing there wouldn’t be anything more than the random Iceman cameos or two appearances in JJ. I’m talking about something substantial, like being on a team in an ongoing. It’s been an eternity since there’s been a book tha was positive for her.
    They don't need to try, they can just do it. It's not as if there would be anything to stop them.

But going by statements from both the X-editor and many creatives this is not the case. Unless you think they are all just deflecting of course.

That said, if you want her to appear on an ongoing basis you are probably out of luck as I don't see that happening anytime soon. (Happy to be wrong though!) But a ramping up of appearances should happen quite soon it seems.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    If statue collectors have a stupid amount of money, XM Studios is rolling out an Emma Frost Statue

I literally came back here just to show this statue!

Amazing work from XM studios, at least from the preview (sometimes the final product isn't as good as the digital form).

My only complaint about this piece, though a minor one, is that it's confusing in which era Emma is represented here... the uniform is clearly from the X-Men (an X on the belt and on the chest as well), but there's a Hellfire Club symbol on the base...

Interesting. I hope Kelly Thompson has a chance to write Emma, if not in Jessica Jones, then in another X-book at some point. She seems to be a fan of the character and wants to guide her story moving forward. Emma is in a powerful new position as the Black King. There are a lot of different paths she could take at this point and I think someone like Thompson is in a unique position to tell her story.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.