Page 71 of 95 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1423
  1. #1051
    Mighty Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Most X-Men had been portrayed better outside the X-Office in this last few years, Emma is the most recent example. Last year the best Wolverine story came from a Venom Special and a Venom Annual, to quote another example.
    That's slightly disappointing to hear. I should probably track those issues down then. Both Jessica Jones and Venom.
    "I've done abominable things. I don't ask for forgiveness. I don't deserve it. I'm happy to spend what remains of my life paying for my crimes. But I'd do it all again."
    -Cyclops
    "Life sucks sometimes...but it's always worth living."
    -Spider-man

  2. #1052
    Incredible Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    So it's better than X-men Black's portrayal?
    Yeah, I really liked Emma in Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter. She only got a few panels overall (it is Jessica's book after all) but I loved the dynamic between Jessica and Emma because they are both so acerbic and they seem to actually get each other in a way a lot of characters don't. Haha, Jessica also thinks Emma is super hot and admires her boobs.

  3. #1053
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    So it's better than X-men Black's portrayal?
    Black was solid, but Williams using the stripper with a heart of gold backstory hurt. JJ's Emma was unabashedly Emma.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  4. #1054
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    As Cyclops’ cleanup mission nears its close, all the problems the X-Men face come together. The truth behind the Hellfire Club’s intentions, the culmination of the O.N.E.’s assaults on mutantkind and even the inner struggles within the team... It all ends here. This is forever.

    Thank you solicits for somehow managing to lower my expectations for next month.

  5. #1055
    Incredible Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    600

    Default

    <sigh> I feel like Emma and Rachel are both getting shafted this year. At least Emma will probably live, I think they are going to kill Rachel. At least that means that some writer down the road can fix things with Emma, but unfortunately I think Rachel is getting mandated out (killed off) by the Marvel editorial decisions.

  6. #1056
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,208

    Default

    It depends on Hickman. Emma is one of his top 5 fav mutants. Though he specifically mentioned "White Queen." So who knows what version of Emma we'll get. But with him on board, she probably won't be mustache twirlingly evil.

    Monet was also one of his top 5s. Be nice to see a reunion with them. I can just imagine the snark. lol

  7. #1057
    Incredible Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It depends on Hickman. Emma is one of his top 5 fav mutants. Though he specifically mentioned "White Queen." So who knows what version of Emma we'll get. But with him on board, she probably won't be mustache twirlingly evil.

    Monet was also one of his top 5s. Be nice to see a reunion with them. I can just imagine the snark. lol
    Yeah, Emma was on the poster in her Black King outfit so I think she is going to be back in some capacity for the fall. Hero or Villain, I have no idea, I think she will be back. It would be nice to see her teamed with Monet again, a nice call back to the Gen X days.

  8. #1058
    Mighty Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    <sigh> I feel like Emma and Rachel are both getting shafted this year. At least Emma will probably live, I think they are going to kill Rachel. At least that means that some writer down the road can fix things with Emma, but unfortunately I think Rachel is getting mandated out (killed off) by the Marvel editorial decisions.
    Yep, I'm not really optimistic with what's coming up ahead either. At this point, having extremely low standards seems the best way to go.
    "I've done abominable things. I don't ask for forgiveness. I don't deserve it. I'm happy to spend what remains of my life paying for my crimes. But I'd do it all again."
    -Cyclops
    "Life sucks sometimes...but it's always worth living."
    -Spider-man

  9. #1059
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, Emma was on the poster in her Black King outfit so I think she is going to be back in some capacity for the fall. Hero or Villain, I have no idea, I think she will be back. It would be nice to see her teamed with Monet again, a nice call back to the Gen X days.
    I think JDW stated that not everyone in the poster is involved. And it still is up in the air about how much damage would be done before.

  10. #1060

  11. #1061
    Incredible Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Is this drawn by someone who thinks Emma ruined Scott, the imagery implying she cut off his head is a bit much.

  12. #1062
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Old french cover with Emma (sorry for the quality, that was the best I could find!)
    TITANS-N°73-collection-LUG-super-héros-version.jpg

  13. #1063
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Old french cover with Emma (sorry for the quality, that was the best I could find!)
    TITANS-N°73-collection-LUG-super-héros-version.jpg
    That art is... certainly something.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  14. #1064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Is it extreme? Yes, it is.

    Is it something Emma might do if she were feeling especially vindictive? Absolutely.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!


    Or if you want, check out my official publishing blog.

  15. #1065
    Incredible Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    600

    Default

    I disagree, Emma has come a really long way and she tries to avoid hurting members of the X-Men. So no I don't think Emma would cut someone's head off, unless it was an enemy who was threatening mutant kids, then yes in that situation she would use any means necessary to take the threat down.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •