Page 78 of 301 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 4503
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because Emma's treatment in main X-books has only gotten worse since JDW took charge.
    Has she committed mass child murder under JDW? Tried to rape a teenager? Wore that fucking Judge Dredd helmet?

Her only appearance in the JDW era afaik is Black and the upcoming Uncanny, of which we have no idea what she's actually doing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Has she committed mass child murder under JDW? Tried to rape a teenager? Wore that fucking Judge Dredd helmet?
    When did she ever commit mass child murder?

BANNED

When did she ever commit mass child murder?
    At the end of IvX. It was stated the aircraft she shot down had Inhuman children in it.

At the end of IvX. It was stated the aircraft she shot down had Inhuman children in it.
    You mean the "War Blimps"? Civilians brought to an active battlefield by Medusa, which is a high war crime?

Considering Medusa and Black Bolt were chilling at the nightclub the instant the event ended makes me they didn't really care either.

Because Emma's treatment in main X-books has only gotten worse since JDW took charge.
    As mentioned before, her characterization took a down turn way before JDW.

It is, as is her redemption. But White completely ignores that part. I know the old Clairemont stories, but I started with Gen X. Ignoring everything after Clairemont is insulting.

You cut out the other parts I said where I said Gen X Emma is my favorite and 2002-2007 Emma. ._.

BANNED

You mean the "War Blimps"? Civilians brought to an active battlefield by Medusa, which is a high war crime?

Considering Medusa and Black Bolt were chilling at the nightclub the instant the event ended makes me they didn't really care either.
    I don't care for it either, but it's part of the much worse treatment that she received in that event (editors: Nick Lowe* and Marc Paniccia) and period than she is now.

*Lowe is a massive Scemma shipper and defended Emma's status as an X-Man yet also didn't let his personal opinions prevent Bendis from breaking them up or seemingly lift much a finger at her going full villain in IvX.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Old school is always 80s Hellfire Club Emma.

Well, I loved old school Emma. She was unapologetic and pragmatic. Just... a bit abrasive and evil. It's an important part of her character history. I do prefer her as a hero though. I would say my favorite is Generation X Emma. It was the best balance of her. But I also loved her in Morrison's, Whedon's, and that 2nd series of the New X-Men run so, basically, 2002-2007 was a great Emma run. There were plenty of writers who wrote her well during that time, and it wasn't just Whedon. Bendis wrote an excellent Emma in House of M. The writers of the 2nd series of New X-Men did too.
    To be honest, I watched from afar after Whedon, Bianchi revulsed me, then Fraction came and it's strange, but I no longer cared for those characters. For me it wasn't only Whedon, I liked morrison's Emma, Milligan's Emma, well I just like Emma and her redemption is part of her story. The fact that she experienced the seduction of good is part of what makes her special.

As mentioned before, her characterization took a down turn way before JDW.

You cut out the other parts I said where I said Gen X Emma is my favorite and 2002-2007 Emma. ._.
    I quoted you before you edited it in.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    To be honest, I watched from afar after Whedon, Bianchi revulsed me, then Fraction came and it's strange, but I no longer cared for those characters. For me it wasn't only Whedon, I liked morrison's Emma, Milligan's Emma, well I just like Emma and her redemption is part of her story. The fact that she experienced the seduction of good is part of what makes her special.
    Yeah, Milligan wrote a great Emma too. So did Mike Carey.

Post-2009, I would say Kathryn Immonen, Charlie Huston, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa wrote really good Emma's, and it's unfortunate none of them got to write her in an ongoing! Kelly Thompson makes the list too! And James Asmus' Emma wasn't bad, but she also played the "I'm a victim" thing with Shaw.

I don't care for it either, but it's part of the much worse treatment that she received in that event (editors: Nick Lowe* and Marc Paniccia) and period than she is now.

*Lowe is a massive Scemma shipper and defended Emma's status as an X-Man yet also didn't let his personal opinions prevent Bendis from breaking them up or seemingly lift much a finger at her going full villain in IvX.
    Emma was written really well when she was under Nick Lowe's management. Didn't he move onto something after Messiah CompleX? I would say things got bad for Emma after MCX..

I quoted you before you edited it in.
    Ah, gotcha.

Incredible Member

Post-2009, I would say Kathryn Immonen, Charlie Huston, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa wrote really good Emma's, and it's unfortunate none of them got to write her in an ongoing! Kelly Thompson makes the list too! And James Asmus' Emma wasn't bad, but she also played the "I'm a victim" thing with Shaw.

Emma was written really well when she was under Nick Lowe's management. Didn't he move onto something after Messiah CompleX? I would say things got bad for Emma after MCX..

Ah, gotcha.
    Grrr! I haven't read Mike Carey's Emma, looks interesting.
    So they're deciding to go backward? To rewind time with Emma?
    Instead of going forward and make characters evolve?
    And mutants will still go from a tragedy to the next without any hope, that's their plan?
    Because that's what made me stop reading comics regularly. The absence of hope and evolution is killing my empathy for those characters.

And the senseless deaths!

BANNED

Ah, gotcha.
    His (assistant) editor credits go back to 2005 (he worked on Whedon Astonishing and Claremont Uncanny at the time) and he was X-Men group editor from 2011 to early 2014.

His (assistant) editor credits go back to 2005 (he worked on Whedon Astonishing and Claremont Uncanny at the time) and he was X-Men group editor from 2011 to early 2014.
    So part way through Bendis' run (although probably after his run was completed). Interesting that everything falls off a cliff afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    So part way through Bendis' run (although probably after his run was completed). Interesting that everything falls off a cliff afterwards.
    imo, it got bad when Cyclops became everyone's self-insert character and when they focused heavily on Cyclops for everything, so post-MCX.

She's distrusted and hated and feared when written in books directly overseen by JDW. In ones where she isn't (Iceman, Jessica Jones, Whatever the Infinity Stone event was) she is written exactly as she was in the 90s. That screams all kind of messed up to me.
    Don't really see anything wrong with that, stories need conflict and this kind of dynamic seems like a good breeding ground for that. As long as we don't get another IvX I'm good.

UXM 18 is supposed to be a walk through the past. I think wiping herself from everybodies minds is something she has said in the past when she met sentry it's a do over. But also it serves as protection from all the anti mutant organisation's.

I'd laugh if issue 18 is an issue of Scott getting his memories back while Emma shows him everything she gave up for the cause. And there's a lot of stuff he did that he couldn't have done without her.