Page 79 of 301 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    imo, it got bad when Cyclops became everyone's self-insert character and when they focused heavily on Cyclops for everything, so post-MCX.
    It's been a downward trend for a while, but IMO it really plunged basically after Bendis' run with DoX/IvX.

we can all debate when the line fell to darkness but no wait we can't I declare that it was after secret wars and my word is law

emma has been written better outside of x-books in recent years not because of the absence of emperor white's dark spells, but because marvel comics have been better outside of x-books, iceman being an example of an outlier that was neither mediocre nor cucked by editorial
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    we can all debate when the line fell to darkness but no wait we can't I declare that it was after secret wars and my word is law

emma has been written better outside of x-books in recent years not because of the absence of emperor white's dark spells, but because marvel comics have been better outside of x-books, iceman being an example of an outlier that was neither mediocre nor cucked by editorial
    Everyone is written better outside the X-books in recent years- Scott himself in Champions, Sunspot in the Avengers books, and from what I've read, that applies to Storm and Sabretooth too, just to mention a few examples.

That was ok I guess. I think it glosses over some of the changes in Emma though. Over the years she has slowly changed her clothing to be slightly less provocative. Her outfits are always sexy, but she toned it down a bit. In Gen X she often wore business suits. In the X-Men she pretty much always wore pants with a somewhat revealing top. I felt like the article didn't really cover how effective Emma was as co-leader of the X-Men, for a long time she was a powerful driving force. I know most of her efforts were to back Scott up, but I liked how they showed how Emma would discuss issues with Scott in private, always keeping whatever arguments they had private and not public, that's actually a sign of a really good leader, she doesn't undermine the person in charge in front of everyone, she talks to them in private about her concerns.

Scott and Emma were at their best when together, although sometimes they were at their worst. The thing about the times when they were at their worst is we have to remember the state of desperation they were in because of the Decimation, that event colored everything about the X-Men for years and left the X-Men in a state of war for a very long time. AvX tried to course correct that, but of course Marvel wanted to make the Avengers look awesome so they made Scott and Emma look as bad as they could. It's funny even after all that though the Avengers still come across as jerks who don't even want to give Scott and Emma a chance to figure things out with them. It's the same with IvX where they try to make the super arrogant Inhumans look remotely sympathetic with their release of a deadly genocidal gas that kills mutants. If Emma hadn't fought as hard as she could against the Inhumans there is a very good chance the mutants would have gone extinct, she made the hard choices, she took on everyone's hate and anger so she could make the choices no one else was willing to make.

It's funny how Marvel tries very hard to make things even between the Inhumans and Avengers vs the X-Men, but the problem is because Emma was always doing everything she could to save mutantkind it's hard to compete with stance like that. Her purpose is always better than theirs because no matter how you play it, the Avengers and Inhumans both came across as groups who wanted to undermine and destroy mutant kind.

I think that's what I have a hard time with, they try so hard to make her look like a villain, but to me she just looks like a realistic leader who is making hard choices to save her people from oppression, genocide, extinction, and destruction. I am sure Rosenberg will try to make her out to be some villain, but if she comes across in any way as someone who is trying to save mutants from extinction she will still look like a hero even if she uses underhanded means to achieve that goal. She isn't a leader for humans, she is a leader for mutants, and Emma's priorities will always be saving mutants by any means necessary.

If they ever visit a new version of DoFP in the regular 616 I think they should have it that the humans don't get to win so easily, people like Emma with the HFC and Frost International could release her own Sentinels (or reprogram the human released ones) with the prime directive to "protect and defend mutants by any means necessary".

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

This is pretty damn old. But Idk if it's funny, interesting, or gross. lol Found it on twitter.

Leah Williams is a fan of, and wants a commission for, some Emma x Monet girl on girl action.
    https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/...92319856119808
    Memma?

That pairing would certainly end the Scemma vs. Jott feud. lol Then again, she always wants a commission for cuck'd Cyclops. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-05-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    This is pretty damn old. But Idk if it's funny, interesting, or gross. lol Found it on twitter.

Leah Williams is a fan of, and wants a commission for, some Emma x Monet girl on girl action.
    Memma?

That pairing would certainly end the Scemma vs. Jott feud. lol Then again, she always wants a commission for cuck'd Cyclops. lol
    I'll pass on Emma/Monet. I wouldn't normally support Emma/Jean other than for the laughs, but there was a black and white picture in one of these threads of those two and well... damn...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I'll pass on Emma/Monet. I wouldn't normally support Emma/Jean other than for the laughs, but there was a black and white picture in one of these threads of those two and well... damn...
    I didn't like Jemma at the start but it seems like it is the only way the X-men fans will know peace. Also Scogan needs to happen at the same time.

Emma bringing the horny to anyone who was her student:

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Memma?

I'm surprised she'd want a picture of a cuckolded Scott, which would basically be a humiliating moment for him. It'd mean he walks in on Emma or Jean having sex with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I didn't like Jemma at the start but it seems like it is the only way the X-men fans will know peace. Also Scogan needs to happen at the same time.
    Yes, both of you have finally joined the dark side and we can ship Jean and Emma at last.

Memma?

Monet was a student of Emma and was basically a minor during Generation X. Wasn't Emma like ten years older? That's really gross. I can't support underage relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Monet was a student of Emma and was basically a minor during Generation X. Wasn't Emma like ten years older? That's really gross. I can't support underage relationships.
    Well the sliding timescale is in effect. I think Jordan D. White said Emma is only in her 20's. So when Monet was 16 in GenX, Emma was only 21. lol

I always placed Monet's age at 21 currently, so Emma would be around 26, the age he said Jean was.

Well the sliding timescale is in effect. I think Jordan D. White said Emma is only in her 20's. So when Monet was 16 in GenX, Emma was only 21. lol

I always placed Monet's age at 21 currently, so Emma would be around 26, the age he said Jean was.
    I hate getting into the timescale/age debate. It makes no true sense in any case.
    p
    Monet and Emma don't work for me cause a lot of their dynamic is muddled because of the M-twins/Penance retcon so I barely see a relationship there. Plus. it's hard to read where M is these days personality wise.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I hate getting into the timescale/age debate. It makes no true sense in any case.
    p
    Monet and Emma don't work for me cause a lot of their dynamic is muddled because of the M-twins/Penance retcon so I barely see a relationship there. Plus. it's hard to read where M is these days personality wise.
    I'm not into it either.

Monet never seemed to be Emma's biggest fan, and Emma only has anything close to eyes for Scott. Hell, if she did go lesbo, I could see her with a better written Mystique (the freedom fighter Destiny knew) before any of her former students.