Page 83 of 301 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 4503
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan D. White View Post
    OK, then I guess I will take every X-Man back to the 80s.
    I know you weren't the editor back then, but wasn't that the point of X-men Gold? And (again, not your book, I know) we have just seen Dan Slott's F4 reverse decades of Doom's development And of course, there's OMD...

My problem is that some Marvel editors and writers want to appeal to nostalgia and seem to ignore what made Marvel's most popular runs of the past, like Claremont's first X-men one, was exactly that they were innovative and weren't trying to repeat old stories. No one read Claremont's X-men in the 70's and 80's because they wanted classic X-men. When they did, back in the 00's, it didn't work, in quality and sales.

Regarding Emma specifically, there's no one quite like her in the X-men, while you could just use Selene or even one of the Mastermind sisters if you want a "hot telepath in the HFC" story. Plus, make her a villain again now because that's "classic Emma" would be like someone made Black Widow a villain in the 90's because that was "classic Natasha".
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 05-07-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Yup, but I don't know what answer they want short or Marvel apologising for those covers I dont know what they want. The series sold very well.

I don't know why waste a question on it
    There's no question limit, only way to waste them is to not ask any in the first place.

So go ahead and add some more interesting questions yourself and they might be picked instead. Not always easy to come up with non-spoilery questions though.

I just want to make a list of Emma's companies.

Frost International is her own company develops shipping and air transport
    Frost Enterprises is her dad's which she took control of
    Meridian Enterprises is Adrienne company which Emma inherited

Emma took over Bianca Le Nieges Industrial in a hostile take over.

She also has shares in Stark Industries, Wakanda Airlines and Reed Richards unstable molecule patent

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I just want to make a list of Emma's companies.

Frost International is her own company develops shipping and air transport
    Frost Enterprises is her dad's which she took control of
    Meridian Enterprises is Adrienne company which Emma inherited

Emma took over Bianca Le Nieges Industrial in a hostile take over.

She also has shares in Stark Industries, Wakanda Airlines and Reed Richards unstable molecule patent
    Lol, Emma is a young and pretty Warren Buffett!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan D. White View Post
    OK, then I guess I will take every X-Man back to the 80s.
    It's not like we want to see that. We just don't want 26 years of character history retconned away.

it's not even 80's emma until every year she comes up with a plan to screw with and then capture kitty like she's pikachu
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    it's not even 80's emma until every year she comes up with a plan to screw with and then capture kitty like she's pikachu
    haha now I want Emma to throw a Pokemon ball at Kitty and capture her.

Next Monday is probably going to be a good read then! Can't wait.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

I asked 3 questions, because I have no chill when it comes to Emma Frost.

Is there interest in exploring Emma Frost outside of/adjacent to the Mutant lens? She must be quite a figure in the wider Marvel world, and I bet her parties are astonishing!

Emma Frost is a psychic, a teacher, she weaponizes her femininity, she can be both cruel and loving, and she is business woman who isn't afraid to throw down in a fight. Do you think her multifaceted character is difficult to convey in limited panel time?

Do you agree that with her resources, abilities and influence, Emma Frost could (and should) be a foremost leader/representative for Mutantkind?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post

Is there interest in exploring Emma Frost outside of/adjacent to the Mutant lens? She must be quite a figure in the wider Marvel world, and I bet her parties are astonishing!

Emma Frost is a psychic, a teacher, she weaponizes her femininity, she can be both cruel and loving, and she is business woman who isn't afraid to throw down in a fight. Do you think her multifaceted character is difficult to convey in limited panel time?

Do you agree that with her resources, abilities and influence, Emma Frost could (and should) be a foremost leader/representative for Mutantkind?
    1) She was a figure until her status as a mutant was revealed. A lot of the high society groups disavowed her when that happened. So the mutant cause is a lot of what she has left.

2) In certainly is. Especially in ways that give strength to what she does rather than use it for fanservice. The line can be hard to walk. Bayonetta is an excellent example as well.

3) She wants to be, and sees herself as that. But her cutthroat decision making and inability to trust any living person makes that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post

Great questions, Jumpyshark. I hope at least one gets answered next week. VIVA EMMA!

by Garrie Gastonny

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

by Garrie Gastonny
    That's a great piece.

I'm so confused why Wolverine refers to Emma has "Frost Lady" in the new issue of Uncanny. Does he not have his memories or something? I'm not up to date.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'm so confused why Wolverine refers to Emma has "Frost Lady" in the new issue of Uncanny. Does he not have his memories or something? I'm not up to date.
    all of the x-men's memories of emma are gone and they only know she ever existed because juggernaut mentioned her
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate