Page 85 of 301 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 4503
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Why in OAA's name would they ever reference IvX again?
    In universe, I don't think they will. But seems like a softball question with a softball answer- "she keeps in a basement or whatever".

To be honest, if they went with an answer like "We actually discarded the idea" they would gain a ton of my respect back. IvX was dumpster fire but if they at least get to own their mistakes and just deviate from a decision that was clearly upsetting the fans and didn't make sense (Judge Emma), then I can respect that.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    To be honest, if they went with an answer like "We actually discarded the idea" they would gain a ton of my respect back. IvX was dumpster fire but if they at least get to own their mistakes and just deviate from a decision that was clearly upsetting the fans and didn't make sense (Judge Emma), then I can respect that.
    I agree 100%. Specially considering how clearly IvX and the Terrigen status quo was influenced from orders from above. A simple "we decided to go in another direction" would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Happy mothers day!
    I know Emma and her girls have a complicated relationship but they are related, their connection hits a soft spot for a charater that i sometimes don't like.

I hope they get to interact more one day. It will never be perfect but it doesn't have too.
    Attachment 82246
    It is difficult for them. It's all of the problems of Jean and Rachel (not giving birth to them, them being older when you first meet them) combined with all of the problems of Logan and Laura (created as a weapon to destroy you). Add on top of it that they have Frost personalities (bitchy at the best of times), and it makes their relationship difficult even when the school hates Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    And they only got rid of the least important thing too.
    In all seriousness, as much as I'd like them to come out and say it was a stupid idea (and hint IvX was as a whole), I'm concerned that answering the question. I can't see them actually admitting to how massive a mistake anything involved in IvX was.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It is difficult for them. It's all of the problems of Jean and Rachel (not giving birth to them, them being older when you first meet them) combined with all of the problems of Logan and Laura (created as a weapon to destroy you). Add on top of it that they have Frost personalities (bitchy at the best of times), and it makes their relationship difficult even when the school hates Emma.
    That literally sounds like a gold mine of a maxi-series. I'd read it.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's hard to know now that Hickman will be changing things drastically, possibly taking the X-men off-Earth altogether, but it would certainly be an interesting scenario Scott & Emma leading a small band of X-men working in the shadows, without most people even knowing they exist. Of course, Scott and Emma being a couple is not only interesting in itself, but has the added benefit of making sure they don't revert to "classic" mode (meaning the mode writers and editors loved them growing up)- meaning Emma as a villain and Cyke the boyscout the never kills or break the rules too much. They keep each other in a much more interesting middle ground.
    Cyclops being a boyscout was a lot better and longer for the character

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    That literally sounds like a gold mine of a maxi-series. I'd read it.
    Yeah, it would be interesting, specially as the girls get older and begun to become more different/have different interests, which is something Bendis seemingly was going for, but then was ignored (perhaps one wants to be more like Emma, the other hates her, the third just wants to go college an be alone, etc); even better if you add Scott to the story, since he actually worked with them at least as much as with Emma (they were in X-force and in his Corsairs squad before M-Day; the Cuckoos were clearly very disturbed with losing him and having to lie about it in DoX) and you could explore them as a surrogate, unique family.

Alas, I doubt that anything like that will ever happen, writers seem more interested in the Cuckoos as a cool visual of three blonde copies of each other rather than as characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, it would be interesting, specially as the girls get older and begun to become more different/have different interests, which is something Bendis seemingly was going for, but then was ignored (perhaps one wants to be more like Emma, the other hates her, the third just wants to go college an be alone, etc); even better if you add Scott to the story, since he actually worked with them at least as much as with Emma (they were in X-force and in his Corsairs squad before M-Day; the Cuckoos were clearly very disturbed with losing him and having to lie about it in DoX) and you could explore them as a surrogate, unique family.

Alas, I doubt that anything like that will ever happen, writers seem more interested in the Cuckoos as a cool visual of three blonde copies of each other rather than as characters.
    I really liked where Bendis took them. Celeste was becoming more like her mom, Phoebe was becoming more independent, and Mindee was... something?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Cyclops being a boyscout was a lot better and longer for the character
    Longer? Yes. Better? No. Being Xavier's lapdog did the character no favors, especially since it has been revealed the dream was a hypocritical lie from the beginning.

Longer? Yes. Better? No. Being Xavier's lapdog did the character no favors, especially since it has been revealed the dream was a hypocritical lie from the beginning.
    There was a retcon to make Xavier the big bad. I'm not on team edgy is kewl.
    Guy from Matrix: what if I told you Cyclops could be boy scout and not being Xavier lapdog?
    Last edited by spirit2011; 05-12-2019 at 03:48 PM.

There was a retcon to make Xavier the big bad. I'm not on team edgy is kewl
    Xavier has been portrayed as manipulative and a SOB since the 60's; and there was also Onslaught, the Micronauts stuff, etc.

I can't believe this guy has been portrayed as a heel

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

There was a retcon to make Xavier the big bad. I'm not on team edgy is kewl.
    Guy from Matrix: what if I told you Cyclops could be boy scout and not being Xavier lapdog?
    He was always a huge dick, starting in the 60s. The whole incident with Gabriel. Mindwiping his team repeatedly. The changes in the 2000s were just extensions of who he was before: every bit as bad as Magneto, just on the X-Men's side.

He was always a huge dick, starting in the 60s. The whole incident with Gabriel. Mindwiping his team repeatedly. The changes in the 2000s were just extensions of who he was before: every bit as bad as Magneto, just on the X-Men's side.
    no discussion, Xavier was never prefect. But his badness was dialed 100 to 100000 with the retcons. It just broke X-men to the core