Page 86 of 301 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 4503

Charles is the cold scalpel, Erik is the bloody axe.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    no discussion, Xavier was never prefect. But his badness was dialed 100 to 100000 with the retcons. It just broke X-men to the core
    Xavier cut Beast off from his friends of family permanently. Then made him part of his army as he had no where else to turn in the 60s. The man was diabolical in the 60s

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Xavier cut Beast off from his friends of family permanently. Then made him part of his army as he had no where else to turn in the 60s. The man was diabolical in the 60s
    Part of what made the whole thing with the JGS stupid is that Wolverine is acting like Cyclops sending teenagers to fight, with adults side by side fighting and leading them, is that Xavier was doing that since the 60's, without the adults fighting and leading them.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Xavier has been portrayed as manipulative and a SOB since the 60's; and there was also Onslaught, the Micronauts stuff, etc.
    I reread the original Secret Wars a while back and Xavier was so egotistical and arrogant in that. Once he could walk again he tried to force Storm and Cyclops to back off as leaders and allow him to be in charge all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I reread the original Secret Wars a while back and Xavier was so egotistical and arrogant in that. Once he could walk again he tried to force Storm and Cyclops to back off as leaders and allow him to be in charge all the time.
    Xavier named the X-gene. He founded the X-Men. He recruited and trained the members. He funded the entire operation at his own expense.

And then he wants to be in charge?! Preposterous!

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Xavier named the X-gene. He founded the X-Men. He recruited and trained the members. He funded the entire operation at his own expense.

And then he wants to be in charge?! Preposterous!
    But by that time, he was no longer qualified to be in charge. Scott and Ororo had been running things for a while, and doing better than him at it.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    But by that time, he was no longer qualified to be in charge. Scott and Ororo had been running things for a while, and doing better than him at it.
    He also made the X-men stand apart from the other heroes rather than work with them.

Emma and Marrow! LOVE this dress/boots combo too.

Some great discussion about Emma in this week, and it sounds like there is quite a lot in the works for her going forward.

But yeah, as we move forward, how to strike that balance–giving Emma, one of the best characters in X-Men, the screen time she needs to show off how great she is without necessarily putting her on the traditional X-Men team–is something we have put a lot of thought into. And I am probably not talking about the story you think I am talking about.
    I don't really see her caring about NFL, but it's certainly a fun comedic scenario to imagine:

AiPT!: As AiPT! is a Boston-based website, we had to ask Te X’s (@cafenightwing) question: How heavy is Emma’s real Boston accent and does it come out when she’s angry?

Jordan: When she’s decked out for a Pats game, enjoying a grinder, and Brady blows a sketchy pass, it can get wicked heavy while she whips the clicker at the set.

It is seen that when Hickman said White Queen was not wrong when talking about House of X.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan goD White

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan goD White
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I don't know how I feel about most of the answers (not being on an X-team and such), but I did like the kinda tongue in cheek helmet answer. Are all the images new (with the exception of the car one)?

Was going well until he said he loved Gillen's Emma, the AvX and UXM issues destroying her relationship with Scott, and the Extinction team as a Brotherhood, meaning villains. With that and the remarks of Scott going too far because he killed Xavier (and the in-universe remarks about Cyke being bad for...reasons, plus the whole thing that the school should just be a front, seems clear, IMO, that he's not really all that big on nuance or really much that isn't "classic" X-men. On a more positive note, the fact that he seems to be giving mostly free reign is promising, as well as the fact he essentially did what we said and just recognized the helmet thing was silly and moved on.

Oh god. I just read the interview. Why do people insist on bringing up the worst parts, like the helmet and X-Men First Class (lol at the gif at the end)?

Also, AvX was awful. Scott choking the Phoenix Force out of her ... they were both character assassinated in that series, and Bendis' X-Men was the icing on the cake!!

But maybe nothing counted since they were both under possession of the Phoenix Force. :shrugs:

Wonder why they think Emma can't be a true hero or a real X-Men. There are so many X-characters who are reformed baddies... Gambit, Wolverine, Rogue... but you don't hear people say they'll never truly be X-Men! Emma Frost has been a hero since the 90s too, and yet everyone remembers her as a villain. She's been part of the X-Men longer than she was a villain. I think because she has a bitchy attitude is why they conflate her with being a villain. LOL.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 05-13-2019 at 08:39 AM.

I liked the art teasers at least, the interview though was kind of meh at parts.

Also we can all have different opinions so I respect JW's take on Extinction team but I disagree, it was indeed one of the best teams (in my opinion ofc) but it didn't really read as a secret Brotherhood, it was badass AF though.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue