Page 89 of 301 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Looks like we’ll be seeing Emma in both the present/past and Future storylines with POX and HOX. And I think there’s a huge chance we’ll also get a lot more Emma in Wave 2 after this event is over, whether it be good or bad is up in the air though
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05...e-powers-of-x/
    We already know of the series drawn by Matteo Lolli, so at least one, sure. But that is Wave 1, since it's already under work.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Also on the POX #2 cover which I believe takes place in the future we see Emma donning a “X” insignia on her new costume(which by the way looks good I’m loving the fur the chain) this can show that Emma is apart of the X-men in some capacity in the future
    Powers of X is about the history of mutants, both past and future as I understood it, so this scene could take place when she was a member of the X-Men, i.e. in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    I haven't been following the Infinity nonsense. How did Emma get mixed up in all that?
    Loki went on a recruitment spree to find people who would better wield the stone for what he wanted to do. That included a telepath so he thought of Emma. It was actually a pretty fun guest appearance.

Also that interview doesn't calm any of my worries but it is probably the most positive news we have got so far. I do like the art teases and I do trust Hickman.

Emma is back on the team?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Unclear. On one hand, she appears on a cover that features Magneto, Mystique, Toad and Sabretooth. On the other, her uniform has a very clear X on it (and doesn't seem to be a past thing since Mags at least has his current uniform).

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I think she'll just be a big player in the mutant landscape and work with people but not actually be on the team. The X on her chest may just be because Emma likes to stay on brand.

I think everyone on that cover will probably be aligned with the X-Men. Emma will probably bring Mystique over, Magneto's currently with the X-Men, Toad will follow his silver-haired dom anywhere, and Sabretooth might get re-inverted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I think everyone on that cover will probably be aligned with the X-Men. Emma will probably bring Mystique over, Magneto's currently with the X-Men, Toad will follow his silver-haired dom anywhere, and Sabretooth might get re-inverted.
    Yeah, I doubt they're going with that route for Creed again, they only did because Logan was dead anyway.

I am glad that Emma is going to be used in Hickman's X-men. Emma deserves to be an X-man. I am hoping that she will be an X-man even though it is hinted she will be working outside of the main X-men team. I don't really understand the views of JDW or even Rosenberg when it comes to Emma Frost. Emma has been such an important character in the X-men for so many years now. You can't just erase that.

There are so many great characters that I hope get a lot of attention going forward and Emma is definitely one of them. I do anticipate her interaction with Scott. Thanks to the Jean Grey solo we already saw Emma interact with (Ghost) Jean.

Well, JDW said she wouldn't necessarily fit a traditional X-men team, but she might fit a less conventional one. Apparently, he didn't read Whedon's AXM, which is really the only traditional team run that worked greatly in the last 20 years or so. Anyway, since Hickman likes her, I imagine he'll use her a lot, maybe even in a less traditional team.

As for Scott, I hope I'm right, but I don't see him too interested in classic, X-men-never-kill Scott, so I imagine they'll interact a lot.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Creed is evil again, and the X-Office didn't do much when he was Inverted. So I doubt they're doing it again when they just undid it.

The House of X cover seems to feature the clear cut heroes. Meanwhile Powers of X seems to fit for grey characters. Prior to the steady character assassination, Mystique used to be more grey & Hickman may take her back to those times which explains the partnership with Emma. Rather than the steady decline of Mystique from a complex freedom fighter to a sadistic psycho. Plus, we see Destiny in some promo stuff. And as you said, Toad is with Magneto last we saw.

The only odd one here Creed. Unless, GOD willing, they plan to do something with him besides be a villain parody. lol Or true to fashion, he's there for everyone else in the book to beat up.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-14-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

where can I find the White interview?

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    where can I find the White interview?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-12-(05-13-19)
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Creed is evil again, and the X-Office didn't do much when he was Inverted. So I doubt they're doing it again when they just undid it.

The House of X cover seems to feature the clear cut heroes. Meanwhile Powers of X seems to fit for grey characters. Prior to the steady character assassination, Mystique used to be more grey & Hickman may take her back to those times which explains the partnership with Emma. Rather than the steady decline of Mystique from a complex freedom fighter to a sadistic psycho. Plus, we see Destiny in some promo stuff. And as you said, Toad is with Magneto last we saw.

The only odd one here Creed. Unless, GOD willing, they plan to do something with him besides be a villain parody. lol Or true to fashion, he's there for everyone else in the book to beat up.
    I don’t know that either mini will have a defined roster, esp since we see Emma, Magneto, and Mystique on a HOX cover & Nightcrawler and Magik on a POX cover. I can see Emma staying with the X-Men because it looks like they’re all “locked down” to one location but operating under rules a bit different from everyone else. Which is....what you were saying uhhhhh ignore this whole comment. Anyway I hope Destiny comes back and a competent Creed gets to run Weapon X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Unclear. On one hand, she appears on a cover that features Magneto, Mystique, Toad and Sabretooth. On the other, her uniform has a very clear X on it (and doesn't seem to be a past thing since Mags at least has his current uniform).
    The characters on the cover are not necessarily from the same time period. Could be that Powers of X jumps back and forth in time instead of following a straight line from start to finish.