Page 91 of 301 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 4503
    BANNED

Found it on twitter.
    D7BtCyYXkAcn0kY.jpg large.jpg

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I don't think Hickman is going to give us Hellfire Club Emma, Generation X Emma, or New X-Men Emma. I also don't think we're getting Scemma redux. He likes taking characters in new and often unexpected ways and pushing the brand forward. Look at what he did for 2 of his other favorite X-characters, Sunspot and Cannonball, in Avengers. He created new status quos for them by making Sunspot a major global power player and had Cannonball start a family with a new character Hickman created. I'm looking forward to Hickman's Emma because she needs a new direction and he's most likely going to give us something not seen before with her.
    Well, the character can go to a new direction even if she works with the X-men and/or is in a relationship with Scott.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I don't think Hickman is going to give us Hellfire Club Emma, Generation X Emma, or New X-Men Emma. I also don't think we're getting Scemma redux. He likes taking characters in new and often unexpected ways and pushing the brand forward. Look at what he did for 2 of his other favorite X-characters, Sunspot and Cannonball, in Avengers. He created new status quos for them by making Sunspot a major global power player and had Cannonball start a family with a new character Hickman created. I'm looking forward to Hickman's Emma because she needs a new direction and he's most likely going to give us something not seen before with her.
    Yeah, maybe Emma should move on from Scott.....she knows that even though he was with her, his mind and heart was still on Jean.....so much it’s how Emma figured the Phoenix had Jean after raising her from the grave, as it was where of course Scott and Jean had a private moment before Dark Phoenix....... Perhaps Emma would be dating a new Team Member.....or a character who was obscure (Manifold)......or even another hero on a different team (Avengers, Squadron Supreme, Alpha Flight)
    Last edited by Decoy; 05-20-2019 at 10:15 PM.

Comic Geek in General

I figure Emma’s persona in Hickman’s Era would be similar to her later Hellfire Appearance, Generation X and maybe a bit her more modern characterization.......a bit cold, sarcastic and lacking empathic people skills
    Last edited by Decoy; 05-20-2019 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The fact that Hickman said Gen X is where Emma begun to get his attention (and not her Hellfire Club days) it's the best news we've gotten in a long time.
    Seems pretty obvious now with hindsight, hard to see how the White Queen version alone would make his top 5 list.

Yes, very promising interview, but not the first good news by a long shot, been quite a bit of that lately and started mainly from X-Men Black.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I am glad that Emma is going to be used in Hickman's X-men. Emma deserves to be an X-man. I am hoping that she will be an X-man even though it is hinted she will be working outside of the main X-men team. I don't really understand the views of JDW or even Rosenberg when it comes to Emma Frost. Emma has been such an important character in the X-men for so many years now. You can't just erase that.

There are so many great characters that I hope get a lot of attention going forward and Emma is definitely one of them. I do anticipate her interaction with Scott. Thanks to the Jean Grey solo we already saw Emma interact with (Ghost) Jean.
    Hate to admit it, but you make a valid point......even though she wasn’t as warm as Jean, Emma seemed to often to have the Teams best interests in mind.......retconning her time with the team would be counter productive.......the middle ground approach would be to say Emma loved Scott, but he was still in love with Jean, whom she still couldn’t compete with, even being saved by Jean’s Ghost/ White Phoenix Self a couple times despite their history.......Emma accepted that Scott would probably never fully give himself over to her as much as with Jean, nor was she going to try to force him, and despite their history she was at times a better X-Men Member than a Hellfire Inner Circle Member...........the sticking point for some is how their relationship started......had there not been any telepathic fooling around , had they just decided to try to see where things went after Jean’s death, maybe the fandom wouldn’t attack Emma and Scott as much as they do (the Scott, Jean individual threads are degenerating into Cyclops bashing again ........) that’s why the drama exists.......all over fictional characters.......

The reasonable thing would be for Emma not to stalk Scott, maybe I don’t know, become platonic friends with both him and Jean, regardless on where they stand in Hickman’s Run, have them act like adults, and not teenagers.....

BANNED

some PR person or something probably prevented him from explicitly stating that Lobdell was the best Emma writer but it was totally implied, Hickman knows whats up

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    some PR person or something probably prevented him from explicitly stating that Lobdell was the best Emma writer but it was totally implied, Hickman knows whats up
    I got that vibe too.....maybe Emma would start shippers between her and Namor or her and say Wolverine or, though it would be some retconning, Iceman (waiting for some writer to say Iceman goes both ways, if one catches my drift)

Emma x Jean? :/

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Looks like Emma is not going anywhere soon. Really good news and maybe some of us were wrong (myself included) in our perception of what Jordan White was going to do with her. If that's the case I just feel like an idiot for falling into some click-bait article.
    What I hope now is some kind of understanding between Emma and Jean. We know this story, we've seen their rivalry growing, maybe it's time for them to overcome it.
    Like Jean and Betsy, after the Kwannon influenced flirtation with Scott died down? I hope so

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Emma and Jean's differences aren't only about Scott, I don't think they should be friends.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Don’t tempt some people......(Not sure if Marvel would turn one of the Stan Lee originated women either lesbian or bi.....they’d do it to one of the later creations, not say Jean, Sue, Janet, Wanda, etc.......it would be kinda interesting, but no.....won’t happen maybe)

Or, just to annoy half the fans
    Emma x Jean x Scott x Betsy (I’m sure there’s fan slash fiction that’s done this......)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I would very much like to see that...

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Well, let's look at the facts we have available and then check if that hypothesis holds:

Currently Emma is #2 on his top-5 list and Monet is at #4.

Hickman had this to say about Monet and Generation X: "I’m super partial to that Generation X line. She was my favorite from that crowd (it’s also probably where my Emma Frost appreciation started), but I love that whole group."

So going by Generation X alone it seems Monet should be above Emma on the list. Logically then, it follows that some later run must have pushed Emma further upwards, which casts some serious doubt on your claim.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Emma and Jean's differences aren't only about Scott, I don't think they should be friends.

True, they first encountered Emma as a super villain.....for some it’s harder to fully accept (I know Rogue was a enemy at first, but her fragile mental state led her to eventually become a break out Member of the team, though when Rogue joined, or even encountered Ms Marvel, the Avengers and the X-Men, Jean was in a Phoenix cocoon) or is it because Emma uses her powers in ways that Jean would disagree with (changing others minds/ making people do something remotely, that’s something Jean was against, while the Phoenix was guilty of that also), or the fact Emma always came off as more.....rich and ........hedonistic than Jean’s Well Off Middle Class Background (Emma was raised in luxury and used her powers offensively early on, Jean lived with her ordinary parents and immediate older sister, and her powers caused her to be almost catatonic for a few years....). Also it seems Jean actually had friends (besides the other 4 Founder X-Men, Scott in particular, she had Storm) while Emma was isolated privately, forming alliances/ relationships of convenience........

At best, I see Emma and Jean perhaps saying don’t get in the other’s way, and let the past be in the past......at worst, I see cat fights and both needing to be put on different teams (and coasts).......Hickman would go with the first option........
    Last edited by Decoy; 05-21-2019 at 07:50 AM.