Page 94 of 301 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 4503

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    You mean dragging her around in the literal sense, right? I think I recall Cyclops actually pulling Emma along by the hair.
    No that does not happen, she was in shock while they were being attacked by the helions and later banshee, but was also in her diamond form all along because she was holding "the void"...then she recognizes Blink when she comes and stops wolverine from killing Kevin, but the Wither goes and kills some other new mutant child... when they leave to meet Selene and the x-force says they are going after them she says that they should not only go after her, they should kill her and the Wither too

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Well the attack on Emma in Morrison's run would appear transphobi especially with the use of the cosmetic surgery line.
    You are really reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    You are really reaching.
    I agree, Emma Frost is not a character who is an allegory for transgender people. If anything I would say she is a bisexual character, she had pretty intense feelings for those two women who were vying for White Queen with her, she actually told Kitty that she loved them and that her flippant playing along with Shaw got her two friends killed.

Lots of women get plastic surgery, having a boob job doesn't make a woman transgender.

There are lots of things you can find in Emma's back story:
    - abused by her father
    - abused by her sort of coworker/boyfriend Sebastian Shaw
    - female body image issues
    - panic/anxiety attacks (when she sees children dying around her - this one is a big one for Emma, the Helions, Onslaught, Adrienne's attack on the Gen X school, Genosha, the bus incident after decimation, the Terrigen Mist)

During Onslaught, Emma took the Gen X kids to Canada and was over-protectively hiding them so Onslaught wouldn't find them.
    Emma's secondary mutation triggered when she tried to use her own body to shield the kids in her classroom in Genosha.
    Emma went super crazy when the Terrigen Mist killed Scott, but also it killed a lot of children, and pretty much everyone on Muir Island.

The one thing I would take from this, Emma has an obsessive need to protect her students, and she will go to any means to protect her students.

Of course if you peel the layers of any member of the X-Men, you are going to find serious PTSD issues everywhere, the X-Men are truly prime candidates for suffering from PTSD.

too bad hickman won't let mutants go to human therapists
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    too bad hickman won't let mutants go to human therapists
    What I always say, the X-Men need a therapist at home, like every superhero team, but more than them given the amount of hate and tragedy they're exposed to.

Scott went to a therapist and everyone in this thread knows how that ended.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Scott went to a therapist and everyone in this thread knows how that ended.
    Therapy never works if your therapist hates your wife and has the hots for you. It's a bad combination.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    You are really reaching.
    I'm not Morrisons Emma was a Lord Fanny clone. Who is a trans women

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I agree, Emma Frost is not a character who is an allegory for transgender people. If anything I would say she is a bisexual character, she had pretty intense feelings for those two women who were vying for White Queen with her, she actually told Kitty that she loved them and that her flippant playing along with Shaw got her two friends killed.

Lots of women get plastic surgery, having a boob job doesn't make a woman transgender.

There are lots of things you can find in Emma's back story:
    - abused by her father
    - abused by her sort of coworker/boyfriend Sebastian Shaw
    - female body image issues
    - panic/anxiety attacks (when she sees children dying around her - this one is a big one for Emma, the Helions, Onslaught, Adrienne's attack on the Gen X school, Genosha, the bus incident after decimation, the Terrigen Mist)

During Onslaught, Emma took the Gen X kids to Canada and was over-protectively hiding them so Onslaught wouldn't find them.
    Emma's secondary mutation triggered when she tried to use her own body to shield the kids in her classroom in Genosha.
    Emma went super crazy when the Terrigen Mist killed Scott, but also it killed a lot of children, and pretty much everyone on Muir Island.

The one thing I would take from this, Emma has an obsessive need to protect her students, and she will go to any means to protect her students.

Of course if you peel the layers of any member of the X-Men, you are going to find serious PTSD issues everywhere, the X-Men are truly prime candidates for suffering from PTSD.
    I wouldn't be surprised if she experienced earlier in her life, but Emma strikes me as too competitive and unable to trust other women to be bi.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Therapy never works if your therapist hates your wife and has the hots for you. It's a bad combination.
    In fairness, Emma wasn't attracted to Scott until after the therapy sessions started. She was doing it to mess with Jean, not out of any lust for Scott.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    In fairness, Emma wasn't attracted to Scott until after the therapy sessions started. She was doing it to mess with Jean, not out of any lust for Scott.
    You're forgetting New X-Men Annual 2001--the one which introduced Xorn--in which she tried to seduce him. That occurred before the "therapy sessions" started.

There are a ton of drag houses for runaway black and brown gay and/or trans kids that were led by “house mothers” and “house fathers” but mostly trans women as mothers to the runaways. The love that Emma shows for her students who were mostly kicked out from their family for their physical mutations (especially in Gen X’s case where they intersect race, mutations, and LGBTQ+ allegories a lot more than any of her other classes) really does remind me of drag families and a house mother’s love for her kids. If Emma was revealed as a trans woman, the allegory is certainly there.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    What I always say, the X-Men need a therapist at home, like every superhero team, but more than them given the amount of hate and tragedy they're exposed to.
    In the movies this was sort of quasi-covered by Charles. If Marvel wouldn't have trashed his reputation so bad in the comics it could have been a natural evolution of his role as headmaster once the kids grew up and took over in the 90's and early 00's.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Mike Carey mentioned that marriage might be the next step. But marvel in general feel marriage hinders relationship. And Emma and Scott aren't those people they're swingers at heart.
    What? Scott's been in two relationships of significant length in his life and in both cases they were effectively monogamous. Ditto for Emma. Not sure what you're basing the swinger part on.