Page 154 of 167 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2505

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    RDJ will reprise his role as Tony Stark for What If? series.
    https://www.cbr.com/what-if-goldblum...wney-iron-man/
    Iron Man in Ragnarok? This should be a trip .

BANNED

Iron Man gets the True Believer spotlight in February!

https://13thdimension.com/marvel-to-...ring-iron-man/

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Iron Man gets the True Believer spotlight in February!

https://13thdimension.com/marvel-to-...ring-iron-man/
    I was hoping they would do some for Tony. I'll be picking them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    That is some fantastic art.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

"I don't need Disney+ until the Marvel shows are out."

"Amored Adventures actually is available to watch on Disney+."

I'm still waiting for some actual new Marvel cartoons.

When I saw Armored Adventures on there I was going to tell you about it lol. Glad you saw it though.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-16-2019 at 09:42 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

That preview is...huh??? I don't get that it's about healthcare at all. Mostly it seems to be an indictment of vanity and not loving yourself as God made you. The enemy is a plastic-surgery metaphor, not a healthcare metaphor.

iMan 42s

The comments on the preview are utterly bizarre.
    That being said I also am not under the impression it's about loving yourself as you are either seeing as trans people should be more than capable of choosing the "forms" they want. Loving who you are doesn't mean you have to remain as you arrived. If in a position to physically change ourselves into how we want, we would do it. People are free to change into their own perfection and to quote a Sith Lord oddly enough ; "I am my own masterpiece".

The thing is that under Dan Slott's pen this is lost on Ultron who views the unity of Humanity and Machine as perfection (though I will criticize it within the context that it doesn't exactly justify what that is to Ultron). That being said, there isn't anything particularly deep about it other than the superficiality of Ultron forcing his own "perfection" onto others.

At best it's more about an individual's identity and being forcibly warped rather than how we choose it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The thing is, all the major characters problems throughout the story seem to come from classical seven deadly sins. Jocasta envy's humanity, and that envy causes her to get human parts and that envy causes her problems and is partially responsible for fueling everyone else's problems. Stark is greedy for more life than God allotted him, and vain/hubristic for thinking he can upend the natural order with the power of his mind and he's paying the price for this. Rhodey is depressed because of all that he has suffered, and depression was considered to be a form of sloth in classical times, and Rhodey has been suffering because of his sloth. Which is why him putting on the armor is framed as triumphant, since he is finally breaking free from his sin of sloth.

If Jocasta getting human parts was framed positively, I'd say you have a point about the trans metaphor, but since it is framed as a sin of envy that caused her to make a deal with the devil, i.e. Sunet Bane and Arno Stark, I don't think that's what Slott is going for. Ultimately this feels like an extremely old-fashioned story.

Perhaps that's why the story isn't resonating with the modern audience. The modern audience doesn't buy into the seven deadlies anymore. It's teaching a lesson that we've moved past.

Jocasta choosing to change her body is not presented as bad (plus they already presented android-humans positively in #14), it's just related to Arno's ambiguous plan to bring back his parents. She has consistently been presented as the ethical balance to the humans cast's natural inclination to not view machines as equal and Aaron's aggressiveness and attempts to control her. Things are only bad when changes are suddenly imposed on people by Ultron because he is lonely. The story is about questioning what existence is but how identity should be chosen for yourself, which is why the protagonist is a "Self-Made Man."

Also Terror headlines never make sense because they're jokes.

That is some beautiful art by Ryan Meinerding. Thanks for the share.

BANNED

RDJ and Gwyneth Paltrow made for a lovely couple in the Marvel Cinematic Universe these past 11 years.