Page 140 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2505

And I was not impressed by Pete Woods on Red Hood. His art is part of the reason I dropped the book.

BANNED

Hell and Damnation! I didn't think they would play the replacement card again this soon. Is Dan Slott turning into a one pony trick? Put him on a title and he will replace the main character before you can say superior spider man. FF fans will probably be worried what he is going to do over there. I wonder how Aaron felt about this development.

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Hell and Damnation! I didn't think they would play the replacement card again this soon. Is Dan Slott turning into a one pony trick? Put him on a title and he will replace the main character before you can say superior spider man. FF fans will probably be worried what he is going to do over there. I wonder how Aaron felt about this development.
    I’m telling you, Dan is just bad. I thought they’d change him after the relaunch, is he still writing FF?

BANNED

As an FF fan, I'm not worried. As for IM and Tony, I have a fair amount of skepticism about replacing Tony yet again. However, I understand that doing an IM 2020 in 2020 is one of those "you only get one shot" opportunities that you just can't pass on. I also feel like Slott and the editors are well aware of both Slott's history with SSM and with the fact that Tony has been sidelined in the recent past. So I'm hoping that the story they have come up with is one that doesn't feel like a typical replacement story and that readers will be well aware from the start that, hey, Tony's not gone for good and we all know that he's on his way back. But we'll see.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Some of my favorite stuff in this current run has been the A.I. and robot sub-culture stuff so seeing Slott run with that is ok with me. I just don't want Tony off the board for a ridiculous length of time.

iMan 42s

My god if Dan fucks this up we'd never let him here the end of it. Anyways, I don't think the book would go longer than a year. Probably just long enough to get two trades out and deal with that year's events before it wraps up. There's a lot of characters mentioned here so unless this thing double ships, Arno is going to be running a gauntlet or we risk the book getting taken up by the supporting cast more than it is the main character.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Why does Widow have a mask? I guess it lets her see more details like hi-tech eyewear?

Hulk looks a little too busy.

Really not digging that Thor look. Or at least the hair.

I prefer Iron Man to the base design. Cap too.

Ms. Marvel looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    My god if Dan fucks this up we'd never let him here the end of it. Anyways, I don't think the book would go longer than a year. Probably just long enough to get two trades out and deal with that year's events before it wraps up. There's a lot of characters mentioned here so unless this thing double ships, Arno is going to be running a gauntlet or we risk the book getting taken up by the supporting cast more than it is the main character.
    I wonder if Slott will conclude his run with the replacement story or keep going like he did with Superior.

Guys, since the mutants are launching a drug that can cure neurological diseases. Does that mean Tony’s addiction/alcoholism is curable?
    Half the **** the mutants are trading can be produced by Tony Stark and 10x better smh

Mutants are on that jive turkey energy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    As an FF fan, I'm not worried. As for IM and Tony, I have a fair amount of skepticism about replacing Tony yet again. However, I understand that doing an IM 2020 in 2020 is one of those "you only get one shot" opportunities that you just can't pass on. I also feel like Slott and the editors are well aware of both Slott's history with SSM and with the fact that Tony has been sidelined in the recent past. So I'm hoping that the story they have come up with is one that doesn't feel like a typical replacement story and that readers will be well aware from the start that, hey, Tony's not gone for good and we all know that he's on his way back. But we'll see.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Some of my favorite stuff in this current run has been the A.I. and robot sub-culture stuff so seeing Slott run with that is ok with me. I just don't want Tony off the board for a ridiculous length of time.
    Let's hope so. I am not in favor of replacing him again right after his recent return and two characters having already tried to fill in for him. Arno filling his boots will seem too much like a retread but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I’m telling you, Dan is just bad. I thought they’d change him after the relaunch, is he still writing FF?
    Yes he is still writing FF.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    That does seem to be have been a problem with the Iron Man book for a while.

Let's hope so. I am not in favor of replacing him again right after his recent return and two characters having already tried to fill in for him. Arno filling his boots will seem too much like a retread but we shall see..
    Not only was he recently brought back, the current book doesn’t feel Tony centric either. Other guests are the focus too, which upsets me smdh

Arno is another uninteresting character. Yikes marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Slott will conclude his run with the replacement story or keep going like he did with Superior.
    I thought we heard a while ago that he'd be doing the 2020 story then end his run? Certainly I think we should get a new writer for 2021. He's needed a co-writer since the second arc (Whitley, then Zub, and now Gage). At this point I think Marvel are just letting him wrap up his planned story. I definitely don't expect Iron Man 2020 to run longer than 12 issues.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I thought we heard a while ago that he'd be doing the 2020 story then end his run? Certainly I think we should get a new writer for 2021. He's needed a co-writer since the second arc (Whitley, then Zub, and now Gage). At this point I think Marvel are just letting him wrap up his planned story. I definitely don't expect Iron Man 2020 to run longer than 12 issues.
    I could be wrong but I swear I saw an article saying that IM 2020 would be six issues.

As for whether Dan's leaving afterwards...I don't know. I think he's staying. It feels like he's just getting started on IM.

But I guess we'll find out sometime next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I could be wrong but I swear I saw an article saying that IM 2020 would be six issues.
    Newsarama said it would be a 6 issue event with tie-ins. I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere else yet though.

That doesn't make a lot of sense, since the books that would've made sense to tie in are Champions and Ironheart, which are both cancelled. Avengers already seems to be losing Tony for other reasons (the sent to the past plot from the FCBD issue) so would likely skip IM2020.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-07-2019 at 05:58 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That doesn't make a lot of sense, since the books that would've made sense to tie in are Champions and Ironheart, which are both cancelled. Avengers already seems to be losing Tony for other reasons (the sent to the past plot from the FCBD issue) so would likely skip IM2020.
    I'm sure I read at Newsrama that Slott said characters involved in the past IM 2020 series will be on it now. So probably at least Spider-Man is one of the tie-ins. I'll look for that interview.

Edit: https://www.newsarama.com/47251-nycc...ing-panel.html

It is on 17:26 .
    Last edited by Ana; 10-07-2019 at 06:29 AM.